Forgetting about the 'Katawa' part

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Forgetting about the 'Katawa' part

Post by Xanatos »

BananaPudding wrote:I also was jarred a bit, partly because I didn't actually know what "katawa shoujo" meant, but after playing through I now see the disabilities like some of you are saying, just a characteristic, like the color of their hair, especially for emi (who was my first route) where it might just make her that much cuter
Uh...How can you even know about the game without knowing what the title means? :lol: That's basically the first thing anyone ever notices about it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Xanatos wrote:
BananaPudding wrote:I also was jarred a bit, partly because I didn't actually know what "katawa shoujo" meant, but after playing through I now see the disabilities like some of you are saying, just a characteristic, like the color of their hair, especially for emi (who was my first route) where it might just make her that much cuter
Uh...How can you even know about the game without knowing what the title means? :lol: That's basically the first thing anyone ever notices about it.
A friend told me about it a while ago but only described it as "a visual novel." I had seen a bunch of the characters used as avatars on forums and such, but never made the connection to what game they were from (also it's hard to tell rin has no arms from a tiny avatar picture). I recently finished a different visual novel (my first ever) and decided "eh fuck it let's see what this is all about" and just started playing
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

BananaPudding wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
A friend told me about it a while ago but only described it as "a visual novel." I had seen a bunch of the characters used as avatars on forums and such, but never made the connection to what game they were from (also it's hard to tell rin has no arms from a tiny avatar picture). I recently finished a different visual novel (my first ever) and decided "eh fuck it let's see what this is all about" and just started playing

Ah, well...Enjoy Rin's route. If you use a flowchart, I will be forced to hunt you down and confiscate your toes. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Xanatos wrote:Ah, well...Enjoy Rin's route. If you use a flowchart, I will be forced to hunt you down and confiscate your toes. :mrgreen:
Yea, after finishing emi's route I'm a bit perplexed on how to get Rin's, but I'll figure it out.

Next on my list is Hanako :D
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

BananaPudding wrote:
Next on my list is Hanako :D

Ohhh this is gonna be good. *rubs hands together*
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Is anyone else amused that this thread is 50% repeating something that has already been said countless times and the other 50% is off-topic bullshit?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Umber

Post by Umber »

Dream wrote:Is anyone else amused that this thread is 50% repeating something that has already been said countless times and the other 50% is off-topic bullshit?
With a question like the OP's, it's really only agree-and/or-disagree.

"We looked past their disabilities though they did affect their lives/story in some way, but not as the main factor. Now that's said and done. Let's try to keep the derail to a slightly-related tangent, everyone."

TLDR: I am amused.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

*sigh* I know I've been guilty of posting way to much. Sorry guys.
Last edited by pandaphil on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Warwise

Post by Warwise »

Dream wrote:Is anyone else amused that this thread is 50% repeating something that has already been said countless times and the other 50% is off-topic bullshit?
That is what happens when you are a veteran and new people keep coming over.

Sometimes its a bother to see the same subjects over and over again, but that is what makes the forum alive and enables the veterans to keep posting.

Ive been going to a forum for 15 years now and its still alive and kicking, even if the same subjects keep coming back. Im such a veteran that I decided to take a 1 year break from it lol.

And there is another forum that I used to go that had so many rules and disliked repeated content so much that it killed any chance of newbies geting along. After a while the forum started dying and just a few old timers kept using it.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Warwise wrote:That is what happens when you are a veteran and new people keep coming over.

Sometimes its a bother to see the same subjects over and over again, but that is what makes the forum alive and enables the veterans to keep posting.

Ive been going to a forum for 15 years now and its still alive and kicking, even if the same subjects keep coming back. Im such a veteran that I decided to take a 1 year break from it lol.

And there is another forum that I used to go that had so many rules and disliked repeated content so much that it killed any chance of newbies geting along. After a while the forum started dying and just a few old timers kept using it.
I admit those are some pretty good points, but i do feel the need to mention that these kind of stuff don't really happen as much in the Eva forum i frequent. Whether it's because of the reprisals they hold for people who who don't look for older threads or something else, i don't know. But i don't think this kind of stuff needs or should be accepted. I think we can have a respect for older threads without alienating new members.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

@topic of repeating threads
It's interesting to me because a few years ago I would have heartily agreed that once a topic has been discussed into the ground there is no need to bring it up again and new people could just go look at the older threads (especially so because it was on a MtG strategy website, so things that had been found to be "not optimal" were constantly brought up by new people who would receive a wave of old people(myself included) telling them more or less "OMG THAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED OVER 9000 TIMES GO READ ABOUT IT" a bit of an exaggeration but it might as well have been that blunt)

Now, however I have a much different view on discussing topics in general. Whereas before to me discussion was a means to come to the best result possible, "getting to the truth of the matter" as it were. But now, simply put, I see discussion as an opportunity to have my mind changed, you lose half of the fun when you have to go back and just read a discussion between two different people, and I would say you learn a lot more by being able to participate.

It would be different if this place ran at a blazing pace, but as far as I have seen it doesn't (keep in mind I'm very new)

Just my thoughts :D
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

So... you're telling me to change my opinion and writing new post from my counterfeited feeling? or just don't post if you have nothing about the topic?
In first case, I would never be myself. In later< This forum would pretty much dead.

On-topic. It probably what everyone experienced while playing. The girls (and Kenji) disability will be quickly overlooked as disability and became a part of them that you knows. I don't have any disabled friend but I thinks it pretty much the same in real life.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Foamybeard

Post by Foamybeard »

Isn't part of the point of the game to see them not as being disabled, but ordinary people? That's part of what I got out of it.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

pandaphil wrote:*sigh* I know I've been guilty of posting way to much. Sorry guys.
If you post stuff you think is worth mentioning then you shouldn't feel guilty about posting too much. I tend not to post much because others tend to post what I already think on a topic so I just sit back and read other posts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Foamybeard wrote:Isn't part of the point of the game to see them not as being disabled, but ordinary people? That's part of what I got out of it.
Yes but many miss that point. Thankfully most who miss it don't bother finding this place.