So, is Hanako a Nerd?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: So, is Hanako a Nerd?

Post by pandaphil »

I've been a self-confessed nerd all my life, along with nearly all my friends. So to me the word doesn't really have the negative connotations that most people associate with it. Shes probably not a hard-core gamer nerd, but I can see her being a bit of a fangirl. I can see her being a big fan of romantic things Maybe there's a girly anime she loves. She reads romance manga, plays a little WoW, and inexpensive ocassional puzzle game. Shes definately a Phantom fan, and I seem to recall there was a fanart of her geeking out to Hatsune Miku. She reads tons of sci-Fi and fantasy, and I'm sure she's got notebooks of fanfic hidden away.

YZQ wrote:In canon, Hanako didn't have a computer in her room, as she is rather poor. Lily, being a tech idiot, certainly didn't give her any ideas as well.

Yeah, thats something that doesn't get touched on very much. Shes probably on a very fixed income/state pension so she can't really afford nice things. Something else that makes you really feel for her.

I can definitely see her going crazy on the internet once she gets access.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

[Misha, get some fellows to set up the following in Hanako's room.] *Hands over list*
[A desktop computer, broadband cables....You're generous, Shi-chan.]
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:In my last fanfic entry, I decided to make Hanako a bit of a Phantom of the Opera fangirl, working on the assumption that shes a bit of a nerd at heart.

* She can use a computer.
I like how "She can use a computer." is "...working on the assumption that she's a bit of a nerd." and not "...working on the assumption that she was born sometime in the last twenty years and isn't Amish or brain-addled."

:lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:In my last fanfic entry, I decided to make Hanako a bit of a Phantom of the Opera fangirl, working on the assumption that shes a bit of a nerd at heart.

* She can use a computer.
I like how "She can use a computer." is "...working on the assumption that she's a bit of a nerd." and not "...working on the assumption that she was born sometime in the last twenty years and isn't Amish or brain-addled."

Hey, just grabbing whatever scraps of evidence I can. :p
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I think Hanako is Two-Face. :3
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

OtakuNinja wrote:I think Hanako is Two-Face. :3
No, she's Batman. 'Cause her parents are *slaps* DEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

I can't see Hanako becoming a classic "queen of the nerds" (a girl who hangs out with a group of nerdy guys who all not-so-secretly want her, you know the type), but I definitely see her being more interested in the quiet intellectual as a friend, and they say you can tell the most about a person from the company they keep. I'd say that if you had to shove her into a pigeonhole, the most appropriate one would be "outcast." Nerd isn't that inappropriate; that always makes me think of people who love mathematics and science, and that's not really her.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, not your classic nerd. Just interesting in the sorts of slightly childish things that nerds and fangirls like. :)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:
If only Hanako lived by this policy...

Anyway, not enough information was revealed about Hanako in KS to assume that she was a full-on video game-playing, computer-engineering nerd. Though, I think that it's very possible, and strongly believe that Hanako would be a hardcore gamer. I think that suits her personality. Socially awkward, extremely anxious in social situations, pretty much screams video game otaku.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

KeiichiO wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
If only Hanako lived by this policy
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
After seeing that, I can't write s serious post. I bet it's Kenji behind the mask. :lol:

I hope this picture will do.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Dream

Post by Dream »

She's probably a nerd, but only in the widest sense of the term.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

How about "She has nerd-like tendencies"?
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:How about "She has nerd-like tendencies"?
Which is a lot more common than one might expect. Should we define it as semi-nerd, semi-meh?
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Nerd-lite?