So, is Hanako a Nerd?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

So, is Hanako a Nerd?

Post by pandaphil »

In my last fanfic entry, I decided to make Hanako a bit of a Phantom of the Opera fangirl, working on the assumption that shes a bit of a nerd at heart.

* She enjoys gaming.

*She reads voraciously, including stuff like the Dune series.

* She spends a lot of time alone, which generally results in a person relying on their imagination for entertainment.

* She loves dolls and teddy bears.

* She can use a computer.

So what do ya think?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Re: So, is Hanako a Nerd?

Post by Xanatos »

I think Hanako is Batman.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I would think you'll have to do a "dual-life" for her. In person, she's the meek/extremely shy Hanako we all know. Online, she's another person altogether. She's the raid leader asking idiots not to stand in the fire. She's the mistress of the lore for the games she play.
Last edited by YZQ on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

Hanako is indeed the Batman
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

more serious opinion, is that she simply developed hobbies that doesn't require direct interaction with other people.

but there is possibility that she might be one..

if her hobby were 'excessive gaming and web surfing', the odds could have increased.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:-reasons Panda thinks Hanako is a nerd-
Those things do not make a person a nerd Panda :lol:
YZQ wrote:I would think you'll have to do a "dual-life" for her. In person, she's the meek/extremely shy Hanako we all know. Online, she's another person altogether. She's the raid leader asking idiots not to stand in the fire. She's the mistress of the lore for the games she play.
However I am in agreement on this.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
win746

Post by win746 »

Her house fire and her parent's deaths was caused by arsonists, or burglars accidently set the house on fire. She then vows to protect Yamaku and Japan as its dark knight.

But on topic, I already pictured her as something like that. In fact, there are fan arts of that.

Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Steinherz wrote:
YZQ wrote:I would think you'll have to do a "dual-life" for her. In person, she's the meek/extremely shy Hanako we all know. Online, she's another person altogether. She's the raid leader asking idiots not to stand in the fire. She's the mistress of the lore for the games she play.
However I am in agreement on this.
A major theme of such a fic could be exploring why Hanako never thought of being as assertive in real life. It could be that she literally doesn't think about herself when she's gaming.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:I think Hanako is Batman.
Hey Xan, you get to be in my signature now! :lol:
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

win746 wrote:Her house fire and her parent's deaths was caused by arsonists, or burglars accidently set the house on fire. She then vows to protect Yamaku and Japan as its dark knight.

But on topic, I already pictured her as something like that. In fact, there are fan arts of that.

-pic-
That feel when you will never be flamed by Hanako over a message board.

I hate to use the word 'nerdy' to describe a person because it's always been a word that overly judgmental dumbnuts tend to use (and I think it's generally douchey to say something hateful towards someone for traits that are benign and not at all malevolent), but I think of the term of being more related to an awkward personality than hobbies. Hideaki would be closer to the term than Hanako, who's not at all socially awkward when talking to someone she's comfortable with. She's the closest example Katawa Shoujo offers aside from Hideaki, though, considering that Lilly, Shizune, and especially Emi are total normalfags. :lol:
MutilatedManequin

Post by MutilatedManequin »

I personally think she is a gamer, but with a specific genre to play in. I see her getting top marks in MGS and other stealth based titles. I think she would also do well at puzzle games as well.

Oooor we could give her a copy of bulletstorm and see how many people she shoots in the sphincter
There is a method to my madness, a random number of random steps done in no particular order to accomplish god knows what
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I think Hanako is Batman.
Hey Xan, you get to be in my signature now! :lol:
Welp, it's official. We're OTP now. :lol:

And I can see Hanako as a gamer but not a nerd.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

MutilatedManequin wrote:I think she would also do well at puzzle games as well.
Hanako spending all day playing Adventures of Lolo is moe.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I'd like to think she's a nerd, but that's just because she shows traits that could be indicative of it, and as my waifu, I like the idea of having shared traits and interests like that.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

In canon, Hanako didn't have a computer in her room, as she is rather poor. Lily, being a tech idiot, certainly didn't give her any ideas as well.