Did we change?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: Did we change?

Post by Dream »

If it weren't for KS, I wouldn't be alive (Eh, kind of.)
pandaphil wrote:Of course theres a downside too. Lately KS has made me realize how sad and lonely I am in my real life.
Indeed.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Ilithandie

Post by Ilithandie »

I have only just started playing the game. I have finished Emi and Hanako's stories and am now on Rin's. I became depressed today and in part do to with game. I do not however feel that that was a bad thing as it helped me realize that I had been holding things back and that I needed to deal with them. As I finish the game to 100% I will become depressed I always do when their is a happy ending for a relationship that had been struggling. Just who I am, but I feel like I grow a little more each time if that makes any sense. It is always easier to see the issues someone else is facing than your own. This game is very well done and I enjoy it immensely. I think that in some small way stories like this help us grow and see who we are and where we want (or don't) to go with are lives.

I thank the dev team for this from the bottom of my heart. You have not only given us a game that we will cherish forever but for some like me you have helped move forward with life.

Thank you.
Completed Emi, Hanako, Rin, Shizune, Lilly
Story Lilly> Rin <> Hanako > Emi<> Shizune
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Ilithandie wrote:I have only just started playing the game. I have finished Emi and Hanako's stories and am now on Rin's. I became depressed today and in part do to with game. I do not however feel that that was a bad thing as it helped me realize that I had been holding things back and that I needed to deal with them. As I finish the game to 100% I will become depressed I always do when their is a happy ending for a relationship that had been struggling. Just who I am, but I feel like I grow a little more each time if that makes any sense. It is always easier to see the issues someone else is facing than your own. This game is very well done and I enjoy it immensely. I think that in some small way stories like this help us grow and see who we are and where we want (or don't) to go with are lives.

I thank the dev team for this from the bottom of my heart. You have not only given us a game that we will cherish forever but for some like me you have helped move forward with life.

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the chocolate and have a nice day. And don't forget the bad endings. :P It's not all good.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Ilithandie

Post by Ilithandie »

I wouldn't dream of it. How could I get 100% other wise :D But on a more serious note, yeah I think that no matter what the endings help teach us something. I realized that while my life was on an upward move before playing this game. Now I really do have more motivation to improving myself, my relationships and my health. I may get depressed when I realize I am alone, but you know what. I can wait, I already got into a relationship half baked and it ended in disaster. That was the main reason for my current state, so I will wait till I find someone that I can really open up to and take off my masks for.
(Also as a side note the Manga. Bitter Virgins is an amazing read that I think if you enjoyed KS you will love)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Ilithandie wrote:I wouldn't dream of it. How could I get 100% other wise :D But on a more serious note, yeah I think that no matter what the endings help teach us something. I realized that while my life was on an upward move before playing this game. Now I really do have more motivation to improving myself, my relationships and my health. I may get depressed when I realize I am alone, but you know what. I can wait, I already got into a relationship half baked and it ended in disaster. That was the main reason for my current state, so I will wait till I find someone that I can really open up to and take off my masks for.
(Also as a side note the Manga. Bitter Virgins is an amazing read that I think if you enjoyed KS you will love)
I may have to take a peek at the manga. Thanks!

And yes, welcome to the board!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Ilithandie wrote:I wouldn't dream of it. How could I get 100% other wise :D But on a more serious note, yeah I think that no matter what the endings help teach us something. I realized that while my life was on an upward move before playing this game. Now I really do have more motivation to improving myself, my relationships and my health. I may get depressed when I realize I am alone, but you know what. I can wait, I already got into a relationship half baked and it ended in disaster. That was the main reason for my current state, so I will wait till I find someone that I can really open up to and take off my masks for.
Welcome to the forum. I wish you enjoy your time in KS and this forum, and comparatively have less flame war and more off-topic.

You may have what we called "the feel" after finished it and tells about it in some threads, or other things that you want to say about how f***** your life at Hanako's Broken Heart Club. If you feels creative or wants to kill try, you might check some fan work in other board.

,and I warn you. What been "eaten" cannot be "un-eaten"...
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

Yeah, I did change. In a way. I realised that when I felt some tears coming down my face while listening to the soundtrack.

God damn it. I need to shoot and/or blow something up.
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

Yeah, I realized that I needed to get motivated and stop being so damn cynical.
What is there left to say?
SirSlaughter

Post by SirSlaughter »

Hmm, Can I say I changed? Well not exactly. I read a large portion of the posts within this thread and i feel the same as many. Some of you had a huge change. I am conflicted at this time. Hanako being my first playthrough, dear lord that was the most heart wrenching thing in my life. So I look back on it again and again. Same with Rin. Those two are my favs, so I think about more or less what they "taught" or tried to talk about. within those playthroughs.

I used to be a serious introvert, so I felt close to Hanako. But at the same time for the last several years I've more or less been wandering wondeing who "I" am. I mean I can't say I've changed due to KS (the 2K forumites did that for me [a couple tattoos based off the webcomic and Hatsuni Miku later and I'm a changed man {mostly due to fanbase and its optimisms towards me}])...But I would say KS made me re-think my original "changes" I made 2 years back. I wanna say I've regained a little more steam and determination with what I wanted.

I used to be a serious musician, then I got into games, Now I'm in college studying robotics and computers. But...again, I still don't really know who "I" am. thinking about myself I've once again gone through another one of those "Moments of feels" where I just can't get it out of my head. I truly love music so the OST really hits me hard when I listen to a few tracks (Painful History) and I really thought about what I used to like when I was most "innocent" as a child all those years ago.

It's hard, but I (having no belief in afterlife therefore making me dread every second that passes bringing me towards my ultimate demise) truly want to at least leave my mark on the planet. So I've become more resolute in my plans towards the future. I'm studying robotics to hopefully work into making full on robots with extreme response and movement capabilities, artificial limbs with perfect or at least near perfect reflexes, and I'm working towards buying another piano. I used to have one but I don't anymore. I even used to be able to play stuff like Jitter and painful history but the years have been less than forgiving to my hands. Hell I've got a few grand worth of guitars and recording equipment. But I will get back on track. Same with my health.

My my, I seem to have rambled on a little...err:

TL;DR:I have not changed, But I have regained my determination and resolution towards living my life better both mentally but physically as well. And music, I LOVE music and other arts of the sort.
ImageImage
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

I can't really say that KS "changed" me, but that is actually merely coincidence.

I had been going through a pretty major change in my personal life (introspection rather than avoidance) and just happened to first play after I had mostly dealt with all of that. It's very interesting to me how I took it the first time I finished, especially comparing to how I would have seen it just a few months ago even (maybe 6). I'm quite sure that I would have been one of the "wahh so sad, I will never be in a relationship that perfect, I will never find a girl as perfect as emi." But I look at things differently now, now it is more of a motivation to better myself, it makes me hopeful that I will find that someday, and instead of just waiting around I'm going to do things to make it happen. I want to turn myself into the guy that my perfect girl will want to be with.

Maybe it's just blind optimism, but if it gets me going then I'm happy for it.
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Foamybeard

Post by Foamybeard »

I started played the game for the first time on Saturday, finished Hanako's route on saturday.

I don't know why, but I've been... Feeling different since I finished it. I don't know why, or anything. It usualy isn't like me to get emotionaly attached to a fictional character.

I mean, I'm suddenly... Discontent with how I am. I don't know why, or what I'm supposed to do about it, however. Probably has to do with my confidence or something.

First post, BTW.
win746

Post by win746 »

Foamybeard wrote:I started played the game for the first time on Saturday, finished Hanako's route on saturday.

I don't know why, but I've been... Feeling different since I finished it. I don't know why, or anything. It usualy isn't like me to get emotionaly attached to a fictional character.

I mean, I'm suddenly... Discontent with how I am. I don't know why, or what I'm supposed to do about it, however. Probably has to do with my confidence or something.

First post, BTW.
Welcome to the board Foamybeard. Apparently, that's normal. You could express what you feel at the "feels bazaar" thread, and there's a thread "Hanako's Broken Heart Club" if you have some stuff you want to talk about.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

win746 wrote:
Foamybeard wrote:I started played the game for the first time on Saturday, finished Hanako's route on saturday.

First post, BTW.
Welcome to the board Foamybeard. Apparently, that's normal. You could express what you feel at the "feels bazaar" thread, and there's a thread "Hanako's Broken Heart Club" if you have some stuff you want to talk about.

^ This. Welcome to the board Foamy. Wow, you started with probably the most moving arc in the game. Well done. You're going through what probably most, if not all of us have gone through when we first discovered KS. Perfectly normal, and I don't think any of us can explain it. Really, aren't there any psychologists out there who play VN's? Some of us feel unhappy, some become more creative, some inspired to make themselves better, it effects everyone differently. So just sit back, and enjoy this new world you've discovered.
Last edited by pandaphil on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Ilithandie

Post by Ilithandie »

First post, BTW.
Hey good to see another new face. As it has been stated what you are feeling seems to be normal. Perrsonaly I think that it may stem from the fact that none of us expect the game to be so ... insightful. As you yourself stated you don't normaly get drawn into the charecters like you did with KS. Either way I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope it will be a long and eventful stay.
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

there is something to be said about being drawn into the characters. I watch anime pretty often and there surely at least a few animes that I have seen that have stories at least as good as those in KS. but something about making just one or two choices every once and a while that really connects me to what is going on, enough to get me much more emotionally invested than most animes that's for sure
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune