Your first ending?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

muliebrity

Re: Your first ending?

Post by muliebrity »

Xanatos wrote:Except he wasn't tactful and he was an idiot...At least in one ending.
Which? I've only seen the good one.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

muliebrity wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Except he wasn't tactful and he was an idiot...At least in one ending.
Which? I've only seen the good one.
Well, go see the other one. Emi's a huge bitch and completely at fault but Hisao's pretty far from tactful too. :lol:

And "exercise" is quite different from "racing a track star"...He's an idiot regardless of the ending. It just worked out better that time. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

That's... All true. There comes a point at which one must stop trying to defend the indefensible. Still, exercising to the point of almost dying is better than not... exercising and.... dying later?

He didn't know he was going to nearly die!
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

muliebrity wrote:That's... All true. There comes a point at which one must stop trying to defend the indefensible. Still, exercising to the point of almost dying is better than not... exercising and.... dying later?

He didn't know he was going to nearly die!
Well, he was already exercising before he decided to try to show off. :P And he didn't know his heart would act up so badly...Fair enough. But a smoker doesn't know exactly which cigarette will put cancer into them either. Does that absolve them of their stupid risky actions? He knew the general risk of overexertion if not the exact risk of that given moment, and that's enough.

I'll give the guy credit for the things he did right and I'll even grant that as dumb as it was, trying to race Emi turned out okay but all things considered, Hisao still carries a bigger idiot ball than I've seen in a long while. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

pandaphil wrote:For me it was Emi's good ending. It ensured I'd be hooked for life.
SpecimenSix wrote:I'll have to join the Emi good ending club. I was actually going for Hanako on my first time around, but I guess I was a bit too competitive for my own good. :lol:

Like Panda I was blown away by it and that ensured that I'd go back and do all the other routes.
Yep, my reaction as well.

I got the Emi good ending, though I was originally pursuing Hanako. Didn't expect to get Emi - I don't usually go for her physical type, and I was expecting her to be ridiculously sunny and cutesy. I was very pleasantly surprised to find myself falling for her. And I took the idiot ball route to get to her good ending, so I was sure that I'd failed for a while. Ultimately I think I prefer that version of the story, though.
Xanatos wrote:
Velitation wrote:After going through the dying scene, my sides were hurting. That was after I played through every other ending though.
I only laughed up until the dying. Once the screen went red, I just stared at the screen wondering how the hell one manages that much mood whiplash in a moment's time.
Yeah, this is exactly how I felt about the Manly Picnic, which I got accidentally (shouldn't have been sarcastic with Misha). That red screen and awful sound jarred me pretty seriously, and I felt emotionally disturbed for a little while after that.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
pisceanreve

Post by pisceanreve »

@win746 thank you ^^

Yeah, Manly Picnic was a really weird balance between entertaining and depressing. I forgot if I said I'm on the Emi path now...
Seriously, all I had to do was say "maybe" to the nurse instead of "yes" then I would have gotten Lilly's route! Seriously, the most minute things in this game completely change your path.
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

pisceanreve wrote: Seriously, all I had to do was say "maybe" to the nurse instead of "yes" then I would have gotten Lilly's route!
Don't you actually have to pick "race the track star" to get on her path, and the answer you give the nurse only determines whether or not you get that option?
What is there left to say?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hans PK wrote:
pisceanreve wrote: Seriously, all I had to do was say "maybe" to the nurse instead of "yes" then I would have gotten Lilly's route!
Don't you actually have to pick "race the track star" to get on her path, and the answer you give the nurse only determines whether or not you get that option?
Yup. I'm guessing his reasoning is without the choice at the track locking him in with Emi, he'd have gone for Lilly.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Xanatos wrote:Well, he was already exercising before he decided to try to show off. :P And he didn't know his heart would act up so badly...Fair enough. But a smoker doesn't know exactly which cigarette will put cancer into them either. Does that absolve them of their stupid risky actions? He knew the general risk of overexertion if not the exact risk of that given moment, and that's enough.
Point taken. If there were a "slow down, but continue to exercise because that's a wise thing to do, you don't have anything to prove, Hisao, and stop talking to yourself" option, I'd take it without hesitation.
mysterycycle wrote:Didn't expect to get Emi - I don't usually go for her physical type, and I was expecting her to be ridiculously sunny and cutesy. I was very pleasantly surprised to find myself falling for her.
My thoughts, exactly. It really is all about personality, in this case; I loathe pigtails.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

I got Shizune's good ending the first time around. It really hooked me into the story, and set me up for the rest of the VN!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

muliebrity wrote:If there were a "slow down, but continue to exercise because that's a wise thing to do, you don't have anything to prove, Hisao, and stop talking to yourself" option, I'd take it without hesitation.
Well, that's what 'Take it easy.' would be to a more rational person in Hisao's shoes. :lol:
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Xanatos wrote:Well, that's what 'Take it easy.' would be to a more rational person in Hisao's shoes. :lol:
But to Hisao, it means "be incredibly lazy forever." Okay, idiot ball indeed.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

My first ending was Hanako's neutral. *shudder* Went right back and got the good ending after that with little trouble. Then went and did it again without the stress of worrying over what the choices would do.

Heck, I can't believe it's been five months already. I feel like time just flew since I discovered Katawa Shoujo. What an enriching ride it's been.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:My first ending was Hanako's neutral. *shudder*
You mean the one where...Nothing changes and they stay exactly as they've been the entire route?

How is that worthy of shudders? Don't tell me you were trembling all through the route. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I don't actually know anything about her neutral route. Just the good one (yah!) and the bad one ( :cry: ).

If things stay the same though, it sounds like Hanako has given up and decided to be 'taken care of', which sounds pretty miserable for her.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.