Grid 1

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Grid 1

Post by Oddball »

grid 1.png
grid 1.png (763.18 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
As the majority of the active posters here now started after the finished game was released, I'm curious as to how many of you have gone back and played the Grid 1 version of the game, and what your thoughts on it are.

I think it's safe to say that it was a very different game and that most of the girls on vaguely resembled their final versions. I mean, just looking a the picture you can that much. Emi is tall for crying out loud (or at least average height)!
Not Dead Yet
Guest Poster

Re: Grid 1

Post by Guest Poster »

It's been a pretty long time since I played through, but a few things stood out in my mind:

1) Yeah, Emi was tall. She seemed to have a larger chest too.
2) Witnessing Rin actually making sense was kind of a shock.
3) Hanako seemed less jumpy and quicker to warm up to Hisao, but she got some weird fixation with...I can't remember what it was...random trivia?
4) Biggest thing I noticed was Lilly. I'm not sure why but for some reason her presence seemed boring. She's lacking a certain appeal she definitely had in Act 1, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh and Oneesama was very jarring. Glad they took THAT out.

All in all, Act1 was a massive improvement. Of course, Grid1 was never meant to go public, so I kinda feel bad critizing something I wasn't meant to experience in the first place.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

3) Hanako seemed less jumpy and quicker to warm up to Hisao, but she got some weird fixation with...I can't remember what it was...random trivia?
She seemed to enjoy climbing and had an in-depth knowledge of the history of the school. Of course neither of those things were as jarring as the fact that she seemed actually talkative.

She also struck me as a lot more openly bitter and possibly self destructive.
4) Biggest thing I noticed was Lilly. I'm not sure why but for some reason her presence seemed boring. She's lacking a certain appeal she definitely had in Act 1, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh and Oneesama was very jarring. Glad they took THAT out.
I do kinda wonder how her route would have played out without having Akira as her older sister and her being the oldest sibling instead.
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

The drills. 'Nuff said. 8)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I played Grid 1 about a month after initially playing KS. I don't mean to sound blunt, but it was pretty bad compared to the final product. I know it was a first attempt, but it wasn't set up very well. I'm glad they changed things up and took on a totally different approach to KS.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Hanako? She's barely even shy, and even seemed arrogant. Very different from her personality in the final product.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Grid1...Was like playing KS in Bizarro world, to be blunt. :lol: Interesting to compare but...Definitely a good thing they changed it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Grid 1 is an Alpha version of KS, roughly.

That being said, Grid 1 Rin is the best Rin.

:lol:
Hanako Lover
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Didn't even know Grid 1 existed until now. Then again, I was under a rock during KS's development.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
win746

Post by win746 »

Where can I get Grid 1?
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
MutilatedManequin

Post by MutilatedManequin »

From what i've seen, the Grid 1 of KS was suuuuuuuper grim dark. HANAKOS GOOD END WAS SUICIDE :cry:

Really glad they turned that bus around. Jesus tap-dancing Christ
Other than that, Yamaku looks super different. Looks more Japanese. And Lilly has a dog? What madness be this?

Thank You KS, for not turning my waifu into sui/homicidal maniac. :mrgreen:
There is a method to my madness, a random number of random steps done in no particular order to accomplish god knows what
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:Where can I get Grid 1?
Google. Seriously, it's not hard to find at all. Did you even try?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

MutilatedManequin wrote:From what i've seen, the Grid 1 of KS was suuuuuuuper grim dark. HANAKOS GOOD END WAS SUICIDE :cry:
Grid 1 never actually made it that far... It didn't make it to the end of the first day actually.

Yamaku was a lot darker though. Probably comes mostly from the backgrounds they used. The place seemed to be very dark and cold.

Oh, and if you think that was dark, you should have read one of Crud's original ideas where Hanako went crazy and murdered Hisao, RIn, and ... I think a few other people.
Not Dead Yet
MutilatedManequin

Post by MutilatedManequin »

Oddball wrote:
MutilatedManequin wrote:From what i've seen, the Grid 1 of KS was suuuuuuuper grim dark. HANAKOS GOOD END WAS SUICIDE :cry:
Grid 1 never actually made it that far... It didn't make it to the end of the first day actually.

Yamaku was a lot darker though. Probably comes mostly from the backgrounds they used. The place seemed to be very dark and cold.

Oh, and if you think that was dark, you should have read one of Crud's original ideas where Hanako went crazy and murdered Hisao, RIn, and ... I think a few other people.
Yeah, but thats not too impressive. Ever hear of School Days? They had multiple BAD endings where you or someone else was murdered brutally, yandere style. In the anime, his head gets cut off, and shows the girl snuggling it in a row boat.

The fuck puts suicide in the GOOD ending? Seriously?
There is a method to my madness, a random number of random steps done in no particular order to accomplish god knows what
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

School Days is one of those VNs where the PC is really holding the Idiot Ball. And Kokonoe should give a lot more groin kicks to her bullies.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

They had multiple BAD endings where you or someone else was murdered brutally, yandere style.
Personally, I don't like the term "yandere". I think it gives the character more class than they deserve.

I usually prefer something along the lines of "crazed psycho bitch." No use sugar coating it.
Not Dead Yet