I'm thinking about translating KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

HLGU

I'm thinking about translating KS

Post by HLGU »

Into Korean, or Japanese. I think that'd be fun.
as of now I'm not planning to translate the whole game, just act 1 and Emi's arc, or also Hanako's if i have sufficient time.
since i am aware that there already is Japanese translation of act 1 out, only Emi's route if i'll be trying Japanese.
and according to the KS translator's guide, there isn't a Korean team, so i guess i'll be working individually, for fun :D

however, it sounds like the script isn't available. Is there any possibility it will be open to public?
and since I have no knowledge about how to actually replace the game's text into other languages, does anybody know what program I'll need?
OtakuNinja

Re: I'm thinking about translating KS

Post by OtakuNinja »

You'll have to get permission from the devs first. The chance of that happening is very small.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

They have been pretty open about the fact that they want tight control over any translation projects (understandable given that the game is all about the quality of the storytelling, it's not like Harvest Moon where Natsume can kind of get away with a crap translation). Ask them directly and read any FAQ you can find beforehand to show them you're serious enough to know what their terms would be.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

oh so it seems like much more complicated than i thought.

being a native korean speaker, I just thought it'd be a lot of fun translating a novel that I love, into another language that i'm familiar with.
I wasn't planning to release it in public or make it official, more likely just enjoying the process by myself.
I guess i can simply make a translation notebook or something just for myself, while re-doing Emi's arc, and keep it to myself, if i really want to do it
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Asking can't hurt. Just do some research beforehand, they might end up being into it, and maybe you'll get more into it, as well.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Well, I don't see where there'd be a problem if you did it for your own entertainment. The "talk to the developers" only comes into play if you planned to release it.

You might want to consider going through the process though if you think it comes out well. We need to make KS an international thing.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

I know your feels. I am pretty bored and I guess translate something big could use some of my free times, which I have way too much now. I also wish to make KS become something that create awareness about disabled and morality of youth, and now doing "active" protest about it in signature.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

The Japanese translation was completed on March 11 (just the translation part; Suriko is probably busy with incorporating it into the build).

There isn't an official Korean team if this post is still accurate.

If you want to be official, you'd have to ask the devs and you'd need more than 1 person (I think 3 is the minimum).