Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

WORDS WORDS WORDS
User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! 3/5 Update

Post by Hoitash » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:05 pm

LegyPlegy wrote: Mafia, right? Unless it's the name of a group, which i'm sure it's not. right?!?! D:
Mafiya is the colloquial term to refer to the Russian Mob, because "Russian Mafia" is "russkaya mafiya" in Russian.

Don't worry! I still read every single update, so even if I (along with other people, I'm sure) don't comment, we're still here. c:
One reason I'm so grateful for the page views listing :). Still good to know my work is worthy of notice :D.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 6059
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Updated 3/9

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 am

I was quickly able to stab him in the kidney. He had two of them anyway.
While everyone has two kidneys, a stab wound will usually lead to death by internal bleeding very quickly: "The kidneys receive blood from the renal arteries, left and right, which branch directly from the abdominal aorta. Despite their relatively small size, the kidneys receive approximately 20% of the cardiac output."
He definitely won't be in any condition to fight on.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Updated 3/9

Post by Hoitash » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 am

Mirage_GSM wrote:
I was quickly able to stab him in the kidney. He had two of them anyway.
While everyone has two kidneys, a stab wound will usually lead to death by internal bleeding very quickly: "The kidneys receive blood from the renal arteries, left and right, which branch directly from the abdominal aorta. Despite their relatively small size, the kidneys receive approximately 20% of the cardiac output."
He definitely won't be in any condition to fight on.
Further evidence my college education was wasted :). But I learned something, so thank you for commenting :).

Guess the guy had an artifact that raised his CON or something. Dang Boss fights and their trickery.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Updated 3/9

Post by Hoitash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 am

And we bring this wild ride of action and insanity to a conclusion (of sorts.)

Previous Chapter

Part Six: Conclusion?


We called Kaze and gave him the good news. He came over to our office the next evening to thank us and to give us some news of his own. What I expected to be a quick in and out meeting turned into an oddly emotional goodbye, as Kenji insisted the three of us sit and talk over a mug of coffee. Kenji and Kaze went back several years, and whether it was the loss of useful informant, or of a work colleague he respected, Kenji seemed intent on getting some closure.

“Whatever happened last night,” Kaze said as he sat across from Kenji in front of the desk, sipping from his mug, “you two certainly made a mess. The two Syndicates are ripping each other apart, now that their leaders are dead or wounded.”

“Like ork Nobz when the Warboss is killed,” I remarked as I sat next to him in front of the desk, also sipping from my coffee.

Kaze shrugged, “if you say so,” he looked up over his mug, an oddly triumphant glint in his eyes, “the Yakuza are no more, thanks to you.”

Kenji shrugged, “we did the job, nothing more or less.”

Kaze smirked, “perhaps, but the ramifications are far reaching. First you destroyed the world’s Secret Societies, and then you wiped out the organized crime that had moved to replace them and fill the power void. Either directly or indirectly, you two have done much to make the world a better place.”

“I just hope it lasts,” I mused, leaning back a bit in my chair, “I’ve been shot, stabbed, sliced, cut, and annoyed more times than anyone should have to deal with. It’s about time I get back to a normal life.”

“Not to mention all that yin-yang bullshit,” Kenji stated, “you know, the need for darkness to balance the light, and all that.”

I shrugged, “the darkness always wins, but it can be blunted by even the merest flicker of a candle.”

Kaze nodded and smiled at that, finished his coffee, and stood up as he set the mug back down, “well, now that everything is settled, I can finally go into hiding. With no one to protect me, I have to make sure that if there are any survivors of the last three years, they won’t be free for long.”

“We couldn’t have done it without you, man,” Kenji declared, getting up and shaking the former informant’s hand with a big grin, the light glinting off his glasses giving him an air of diabolical glee.

Kaze smiled and turned to me. He shook my hand and bowed to both of us, “I merely did my job. No more or less.”

I smirked at his echoing of my partner’s phrase, “take care of yourself, man. You were a big help, but I hope you don’t mind if I never want to see you again.”

Kaze actually chuckled at that, “you won’t.” He turned to leave, but before he started walking he added, “There is nothing left to see.”

As he stepped out towards the door, I was reminded of the first time I met him, several years ago. Then, in a dark parking garage late at night, he had seemingly vanished in a blink of an eye. He did the same thing this time, too, vanishing from our office as if he had never been there to begin with.

When the door he had left through eased shut, seemingly on its own, I sighed and sat back down in my chair, leaning back and thinking.

“You know,” I said, turning to face Kenji, “I know I complained a lot about the last three years. Aliens, werewolves, criminals; all of it. But I don’t regret any of it,” I looked at the ceiling and coughed, “well, some of it. The heart flutter in Thailand was definitely regrettable. I wasn’t too fond of that loan shark, either. And thinking on it, having Akira help me slay that werewolf was probably a bad idea. All in all, though, we did a good thing, and I’m grateful you were there for so much of it.”

Kenji smiled, “thanks, man. Same for me. It was definitely a trip, but it all worked out in the end,” Kenji frowned, “I am sorry for dragging you into it, though. I had no right asking a married man with a family to fight by my side.”

I waved his apology away, “don’t be. I’ll always be there when you need me, because you were always there when I, and eventually Hanako and I, needed you. Besides, at the end, you had something to lose, too. I couldn’t very well have you going off on your own.”

Kenji grinned and nodded, “fair enough, though I doubt our spouses would understand.”

I snorted, “I’m sure they have their suspicions. We married very bright and intuitive women, after all.”

Kenji raised an eyebrow and looked at me from over his glasses, “having Hanako help with the adventure novels was probably a bad idea, too.”

I chuckled and closed my eyes, savoring the freedom that from now on, only individuals would be trying to kill me, and only if we screwed up, “I’m just glad we don’t have to worry about any of that kind of stuff anymore, except from an editorial standpoint. Now we can get back to regular, boring detective work.”

I heard Kenji get up. Chuckling, he placed a hand on my shoulder. When I opened my eyes I saw him smirking and glancing at me over his thick, round glasses. The light glinted off his glasses again, and his face had a mischievous look as he handed me a thin manila folder.

“C’mon man,” he said, grinning widely, “Things are never boring when I’m around!”

THE END OF “THE AFTERMATH” ARC

THE END OF HISAO AND KENJI- MASTER DETECTIVES!

++++

All good things must come to an end. I consider twelve mysteries plus bonuses a good run. I don’t regret working on this one bit. Heck, it started a new literary career for me.

I want to thank all of my readers for reading and commenting. I also want to especially thank those of you who helped with edits and plot-related conundrums. Mere words cannot describe my thanks, but I thank you.

I’ll still be around, of course. I’m having far too much fun to stop writing and reading. I’m sure I’ll write one-shots and things set in the same setting without all the gunplay (someone recommended a Nakai/Setou dinner party, which sounds like a fine Thanksgiving Special to me :))

Besides, my crack prequel won’t write itself :wink:

See you around, /smokebomb.

Oh, there’s also my non-KS writing, if you’re into that sort of thing (psst, that’s what my tumblr blog is for. When I’m not posting visual novel pics and Warhammer 40K stuff.)
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

User avatar
Dumanios
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by Dumanios » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Now we just have to wait for Hisao and Kenji: College Students who should stop watching so many action films.

User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by Hoitash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Dumanios wrote:Now we just have to wait for Hisao and Kenji: College Students who should stop watching so many action films.
Let's see it's March now, so... carry the three...

Not a long wait, then :).
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

LegyPlegy
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 am

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Updated 3/9

Post by LegyPlegy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Hoitash wrote:(someone recommended a Nakai/Setou dinner party, which sounds like a fine Thanksgiving Special to me :))
Wooooooooooooooo!
oh wait, thanksgiving. Darn, that's far. D:

This was an awesome ending for the series. I'm really glad you wrote this, as looking forward to the updates was always something I'd do. (Sorry, I'm not good at goodbyes/thank yous :L)

I hope you stick around and write more, whether it be part of the Detective World or not, you are *really* good at it and I'd love to read more of your stuff!
Damn paper trails

User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Updated 3/9

Post by Hoitash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:41 pm

LegyPlegy wrote:
Hoitash wrote:(someone recommended a Nakai/Setou dinner party, which sounds like a fine Thanksgiving Special to me :))
Wooooooooooooooo!
oh wait, thanksgiving. Darn, that's far. D:
All good things to those who wait :). Besides, there are other holidays between now and then (though I don't think the Nakai's would celebrate the Fourth of July. Sea Day ain't out of the question, though.)

Depends on what ideas I get. I tend to be one of those cliche "inspiration=idea=written work" kinda guys, so who knows.
This was an awesome ending for the series. I'm really glad you wrote this, as looking forward to the updates was always something I'd do. (Sorry, I'm not good at goodbyes/thank yous :L)
That was a fine thank you, and you and all my readers are very welcome :D.

/bows
I hope you stick around and write more, whether it be part of the Detective World or not, you are *really* good at it and I'd love to read more of your stuff!
That one could be debated a bit, but I will stick around, and I'll definately write more (especially as long as I'm unemployed, heh.) My intertube based writing is at least easy to find, since my username is rather unique.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

User avatar
CptSalsa
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by CptSalsa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:49 am

I'm always late to the best parties. :x

I liked the ending, it kind of reminded me of the ending to the Max Payne video game series. Wait! I have an idea for some fan-art. Be right back, this might take a while. I will actually do this, I can art too.
Feel free to start on Hisao and Kenji College Students Who Should Stop Watching So Many Action Films. :D Something to note, me and the Warp are the best of friends.
Whenever I log on to this forum it's usually in the dead of night and on a mobile phone. Hooray for technologically-induced insomnia!

User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by Hoitash » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:26 am

CptSalsa wrote:I'm always late to the best parties. :x
Better late than not at all; it's still here to be read, after all :D.
I liked the ending, it kind of reminded me of the ending to the Max Payne video game series. Wait! I have an idea for some fan-art. Be right back, this might take a while. I will actually do this, I can art too.
Thanks, that'd be great :D
Feel free to start on Hisao and Kenji College Students Who Should Stop Watching So Many Action Films. :D Something to note, me and the Warp are the best of friends.
I sincerely hope that's because you're a Navigator.

As for college, so many possibilities. Especially with Hanako. Oh what's that, the final paper for my writing class has to be delivered orally?

Delicious :twisted: (not in a sexual way, mind.)

As for my next big project, it should be ready 'round May. Hopefully by then this whole "how the hell am I graduating?" thing will get sorted.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

User avatar
CptSalsa
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by CptSalsa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Thought I couldn't draw could you? I'll have you know that I graduated self-teaching. Yeah, my teacher had low standards.
I am a traditionalist. Tablets? What are those? Are they some kind of drug?
Dive Team HK.jpg
Dive Team HK.jpg (246.86 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
This actually isn't all of it, there's actually way more that I'm not showing. This is also just a concept. (I hope that was a goatee I saw, Helbereth)
I also thought this was a good opportunity to use many types of filters. You might not even see them. Can you guess them all? (don't try I don't even remember I think I used 42)
Whenever I log on to this forum it's usually in the dead of night and on a mobile phone. Hooray for technologically-induced insomnia!

User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by Hoitash » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Awesome :D

Great work and thanks for posting it :).
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

User avatar
Solistor
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Somewhere between order and chaos.

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by Solistor » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Been reading these and I love them. I'm currently at "Drink Hard on a Couch", so I'll come back with more relevant commentary when I finish.

I will say, however, that listening to Q's Theme while reading these makes for an interesting combination.

AnImpatientUser
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by AnImpatientUser » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Im at mistery 4, whats that kyoto he keeps talking about?

User avatar
Hoitash
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: Holy Terra
Contact:

Re: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! Conclusion? Update

Post by Hoitash » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:54 pm

AnImpatientUser wrote:Im at mistery 4, whats that kyoto he keeps talking about?
The Kyoto Incident (or as I like to think of it, the Great Kyoto Caper) was a case that occurred prior to the beginning of this series. It's a Noodle Incident I never wrote out, and I'm not sure I ever will, but basically Kenji managed to get a hold of the bag guy's gun and accidentally shot Hisao in the ass with it -on the second shot, the first going wide and putting a hole in his fedora. This caused Hisao to have a major heart flutter that he barely managed to fight back, and Hisao never quite got over it.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8

Post Reply