Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Battletoadmaster

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 3/11]

Post by Battletoadmaster »

Created a account to follow this, kudos and carry on the great work.
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Man, those hyphens aren't cutting Hisao any breaks. It's incredible rude of them to do tha- HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

EDIT: Oh, just a cat. Carry on.

Anyway, I like how the story is going, to a degree. I've actually been in a situation in which a girl I liked already had a boyfriend, who was neglectful of her, and wasn't really interested in pursuing a relationship. On the othe- HEY WAIT A MINUTE, I REMEMBER NOW!

I'm seriously not joking when I say nearly every bit of this plot is like how my current relationship began. I'm very weirded out right now.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

You hit on the 6y older GF of your boss? Damn!
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
komina12345

Post by komina12345 »

Dammit Thanatos, why you gotta make me feel bad for Tetsuo?
You almost make him seem human and Hisao the bad guy :(
Hanako, Akira, and Lilly
The Three Musketeers
CaptainFalcon

Post by CaptainFalcon »

And now we play the waiting game........ Ahh the waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos!
Excellent chapter as always!
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Carighan wrote:You hit on the 6y older GF of your boss? Damn!
seems legit
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Carighan wrote:You hit on the 6y older GF of your boss? Damn!
If you forget about age, sure. I'm actually older, in this case.
Quazzy

Post by Quazzy »

Love this story. As many others have already pointed out, you're doing an awesome job with it and I eagerly await the next update.

I feel pretty bad for both Akira and Tetsuo after the whole "young and in love" story and how they've been drifting apart, but some relationships just aren't meant to be. They seem to just be growing apart. Tetsuo missed a golden chance to go out and show Akira he's still committed when he turned down that jazz club invite. His reasoning is pretty dumb and he rejected it immediately after they had discussed how they never do anything any more. She out and out says something to the effect of "It feels like you're drifting further and further away" during their discussion/argument about his work aspirations. Right after that fight he turns down a date and goes off on how he hates jazz clubs and booze as well as using his work as one of the excuses not to go. He doesn't seem to be trying at all to keep Akira happy in any way.

While I get that he's trying to climb the corporate ladder, he still has to put SOME effort into his relationship too.
Andere

Post by Andere »

Looking back at the chapter... Tetsuo has good intentions, but his personal hang-ups make him selfish and laser-focused on his goals. Akira, meanwhile... Well, it's incredibly questionable to bring a friend who is romantically interested in you on something that was originally meant as a date with your SO. That can be innocent, but only if no one does anything stupid! And Hisao is placing himself to pick up the pieces, because rebound relationships are models of success and stability.

Everyone is making bad decisions, but they're the reasonable kind of bad. Selfish but not malicious, and they're all understandable. That's a sign you're writing them well, I think! This chapter in particular fleshed out Tetsuo in a good way, and he's a much more interesting character now.

Looking forward to more.
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

Andere wrote:Well, it's incredibly questionable to bring a friend who is romantically interested in you on something that was originally meant as a date with your SO.
Anyone else thinking that Akira (in)conveniently blacked out that particular bit? There was enough for a hangover at least...
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

The plot thickens. Glorious!
My recommended fanfic material:
- A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route/Ascent: An Emilogue/Akira Pseudo-Route/Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue)/One Wish (Hanako, post neutral)/"Can You Open Your Heart?" - a Rika pseudo-route/Closure/Kagami Pseudo-Route/ Tomorrow's Doom - Aiko Kurai (OC)... Damn it people, stop writing awesome fanfic, i'm running out of room in this sig!
fancywalrus

Post by fancywalrus »

Guestimate wrote:
Andere wrote:Well, it's incredibly questionable to bring a friend who is romantically interested in you on something that was originally meant as a date with your SO.
Anyone else thinking that Akira (in)conveniently blacked out that particular bit? There was enough for a hangover at least...
I'm going to say no, the conversation in the car ride back to Yamaku I think eludes to the fact they both remember it. Plus she isn't aware that Hisao was ease-dropping or that he knows she had invited Tetsuo first.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

fancywalrus wrote:
Guestimate wrote:
I'm going to say no, the conversation in the car ride back to Yamaku I think eludes to the fact they both remember it. Plus she isn't aware that Hisao was ease-dropping or that he knows she had invited Tetsuo first.
Which is why I suspect Tetsuo will show up at the jazz club and find Akira and Hisao together having fun. How dare they!

The cynic in me suspects Akira invited Hisao to the jazz club so she'd have one beauty of a reason to break up with Tetsuo if he does show up and throw a fit. Of course, that will lead to many complications.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

Which is why I suspect Tetsuo will show up at the jazz club and find Akira and Hisao together having fun. How dare they!

The cynic in me suspects Akira invited Hisao to the jazz club so she'd have one beauty of a reason to break up with Tetsuo if he does show up and throw a fit. Of course, that will lead to many complications.
A tvtropes link?! YOU BASTARD!

OT: I could see that happening, given that it's a coincidence and this story is full of coincidences. However I kinda hope that Tetsuo doesn't show up for that very reason...
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Breaker deGodot wrote:
griffon8 wrote:Which is why I suspect Tetsuo will show up at the jazz club and find Akira and Hisao together having fun. How dare they!

A tvtropes link?! YOU BASTARD!
Fixed that for you. :twisted:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing