Can anyone recommend some good let's play?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CreedKeeper25

Re: Can anyone recommend some good let's play?

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

Dream wrote:
CreedKeeper25 wrote:Did you come here from his vids as well? He's the reason I found out about this game :)

Nah, i knew KS far before i learned of his videos. Still, they were really funny and i'm glad i could see at least all of Hanako's route before it got taken down.
Know this is really late but I figured this was appropriate news given the thread

It may be a challenge to find them atm, but at least it isn't private anymore
Last edited by CreedKeeper25 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Sweet. I'll have to go check it out.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

CreedKeeper25 wrote:Know this is really late but I figured this was appropriate news given the thread

Can't believe it. Holy shit yes.

A bit of a shame and a mystery that he doesn't intend to continue it (and that for some reason he really doesn't walk to talk about the LP) but at least it's un-privated for now. Now that i think about it, i never really knew for certain why Chilled locked it or feels that way about the LP, and it seems to be a mystery for all of the internet as well.

Thanks for the links, by the way, it's some really good news.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

(deleted)
Last edited by Velitation on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

Dream wrote:
CreedKeeper25 wrote:Know this is really late but I figured this was appropriate news given the thread

Can't believe it. Holy shit yes.

A bit of a shame and a mystery that he doesn't intend to continue it (and that for some reason he really doesn't walk to talk about the LP) but at least it's un-privated for now. Now that i think about it, i never really knew for certain why Chilled locked it or feels that way about the LP, and it seems to be a mystery for all of the internet as well.

Thanks for the links, by the way, it's some really good news.
I knew this link would be useful one day.

He posted this a day or so after privatizing the series. I may not agree with everything in the post, but since it's unprivatized now, I can't really complain. Anyways, hope this clears things up :)
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

CreedKeeper25 wrote:I knew this link would be useful one day.
"OMG THERE'S SEX IN THIS GET IT OFF MAH CHANNEL"

I'm sure there are better reasons somewhere in his explanation but I can't get past the stupid.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

The only one i can think of that i tolerate since it's more in line with what Katawa Shoujo is is the Caramelle Crappe Katawa Shoujo sort of web-comic let's play on The Escapist.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Been listen to CriousGamers and his LP's actually pretty decent. Its nice to hear someone who doesn't trip over every fifth word.

Not a big fan of a lot of his snark early on (quit calling Rin a bitch), but I guessing he tones it down once he gets into Part 2. Especially since he seems to be heading into Hanako/Lilly.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

AdventuresOfLuna wrapped up his LP series tonight with Rin's arc. I thought he did a pretty good read through, one of the better ones actually. Unfortunately the guy has a little too much personal drama for my taste. And considering he gave the game a 5 out of 10 at the end? Meh. Rin fans might be pleased by his final thoughts, but the fact that he didn't like Hanako's at all loses him points in my book. Really, that's a hanging offense in some countries isn't it?

So listen to his lets plays, and fast forward through the commentaries.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:AdventuresOfLuna wrapped up his LP series tonight with Rin's arc. I thought he did a pretty good read through, one of the better ones actually. Unfortunately the guy has a little too much personal drama for my taste. And considering he gave the game a 5 out of 10 at the end? Meh. Rin fans might be pleased by his final thoughts, but the fact that he didn't like Hanako's at all loses him points in my book. Really, that's a hanging offense in some countries isn't it?

Let's Plays are commentaries. So...Skip the Let's Plays?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:AdventuresOfLuna wrapped up his LP series tonight with Rin's arc. I thought he did a pretty good read through, one of the better ones actually. Unfortunately the guy has a little too much personal drama for my taste. And considering he gave the game a 5 out of 10 at the end? Meh. Rin fans might be pleased by his final thoughts, but the fact that he didn't like Hanako's at all loses him points in my book. Really, that's a hanging offense in some countries isn't it?

Let's Plays are commentaries. So...Skip the Let's Plays?

Ugh....no. Skip the part where he goes on about how his life has sucked, and how nobody cares about his non KS LP's. The actual gameplays fine for the most part.
Mutou

Post by Mutou »

MetaDating had two episodes about Katawa Shoujo... about four hours all said. Was what got me into the story...

First Episode - Second Episode
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Mutou wrote:MetaDating had two episodes about Katawa Shoujo... about four hours all said. Was what got me into the story...

First Episode - Second Episode
Yeah, those were nicely done I thought.
Omega

Post by Omega »

There's also StriHiryu's, still early in and all. Not as good as Curio's, who I will never forgive for promising Lilly and never going through, but it's better than a lot of the rest I've seen not mentioned here.
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**
AdventuresOfLuna

Post by AdventuresOfLuna »

Don't think I gave the game a 5 at the end. :P I believe it was around a 6 or 7 range. But, yes. I do agree with the whiny cry baby parts. I am surprised any people watched. My pronunciations were god awful. But hey, might as well hang myself right? XD