A Dr Strange love reference!?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ryuga

A Dr Strange love reference!?

Post by Ryuga »

Ok so when you take the Kenji route And are on the roof talking with him he mentions something, its a spoiler so yay i get to use the spoiler font When you are talking with him he mentions that a year before he had a girlfriend, and that they had engaged in the act of "Sexual intercourse", and afterward he felt exhausted, and that it was unnatural. And after that his whole fight against feminists starts Now for those of you who have seen the movie Dr. Strange love Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb, know that this scene is very familiar to the scene when General ripper spouts his whole "Fluoride in the water" Conspiracy. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice this?
Validus Razgriz

Re: A Dr Strange love reference!?

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Ryuga wrote:Ok so when you take the Kenji route And are on the roof talking with him he mentions something, its a spoiler so yay i get to use the spoiler font When you are talking with him he mentions that a year before he had a girlfriend, and that they had engaged in the act of "Sexual intercourse", and afterward he felt exhausted, and that it was unnatural. And after that his whole fight against feminists starts Now for those of you who have seen the movie Dr. Strange love Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb, know that this scene is very familiar to the scene when General ripper spouts his whole "Fluoride in the water" Conspiracy. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice this?
General Ripper mentions having an epiphany "during the physical act of love":
Dr. Stragelove wrote:General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?
General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.
General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.
General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.
If it isn't a reference to Dr. Stragelove, it's one hell of a coincidence.
1233899496707.jpg
1233899496707.jpg (170.18 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

Don't use deodorant, son.

The zinc will give you Alzheimer's.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Aha! I knew that line sounded familiar somehow, but I wasn't sure where it was from offhand. Kudos to the writing staff for their wit.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Ryuga

Post by Ryuga »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
Ryuga wrote:Ok so when you take the Kenji route And are on the roof talking with him he mentions something, its a spoiler so yay i get to use the spoiler font When you are talking with him he mentions that a year before he had a girlfriend, and that they had engaged in the act of "Sexual intercourse", and afterward he felt exhausted, and that it was unnatural. And after that his whole fight against feminists starts Now for those of you who have seen the movie Dr. Strange love Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb, know that this scene is very familiar to the scene when General ripper spouts his whole "Fluoride in the water" Conspiracy. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice this?
General Ripper mentions having an epiphany "during the physical act of love":
Dr. Stragelove wrote:General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?
General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.
General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.
General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.
General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.
If it isn't a reference to Dr. Stragelove, it's one hell of a coincidence.
1233899496707.jpg
Ah my bad, I remembered it being something along those lines.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

I haven't seen this movie since my senior Government in high school. I kinda felt that Kenji's line felt a bit familiar.
Though it seems to me more like it's just coincidence.
Nova666

Post by Nova666 »

WASSHOI wrote:I haven't seen this movie since my senior Government in high school. I kinda felt that Kenji's line felt a bit familiar.
Though it seems to me more like it's just coincidence.
Not a coincidence at all to me. I though the same after seeing it.
Akira

Post by Akira »

I've never seen this.
But with lines as funny as that, I'm gonna look out for it :wink:
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

I don't think it was intentional as much as paranoid conspiracy talk tends to tread the same vocabulary and argument structures.

Lolbomb-riding
Imagine me and you...
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

It's already been pointed out on TvTropes. But yeah, loved Dr. Strangelove. "Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!" XD
静音是买外夫