GameFAQs Top 10: Top 10 Best Characters From Visual Novels

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Katawa Shoujo on GameFAQs Poll of the Day

Post by Xanatos »

munkeh wrote:They're all like "Walking Dead gave me the feels" and I'm like "you don't even know what feels are."
But The Walking Dead did give me the feels...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Re: Katawa Shoujo on GameFAQs Poll of the Day

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote:
munkeh wrote:They're all like "Walking Dead gave me the feels" and I'm like "you don't even know what feels are."
But The Walking Dead did give me the feels...
Let's leave your necrophiliac fetish out of this. :P
Not Dead Yet
Zilveri

Re: GameFAQs Top 10: Top 10 Best Characters From Visual Nove

Post by Zilveri »

Read first post.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think you would have been better off making a new topic for this, but since you didn't let's just roll with it.

Frankly, I haven't played a single one of the other VNs on that list, so I can't comment that much on them.

As it stands, they had fairly good reasons for picking Emi for the list. It's kind of weird though. She doesn't stand out that much in KS compared to some of the other characters, but she stands out a lot compared to lots of other VN characters in general. I'm not sure I'd agree with using her for the list or not, but all the same, its nice to see KS represented.
Not Dead Yet
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Oddball wrote:I think you would have been better off making a new topic for this, but since you didn't let's just roll with it.

Frankly, I haven't played a single one of the other VNs on that list, so I can't comment that much on them.

As it stands, they had fairly good reasons for picking Emi for the list. It's kind of weird though. She doesn't stand out that much in KS compared to some of the other characters, but she stands out a lot compared to lots of other VN characters in general. I'm not sure I'd agree with using her for the list or not, but all the same, its nice to see KS represented.
I was thinking about making a new topic, I know this isn't the same thing as poll of the day. Don't hate me for this, but some of the topics on this forum are just same topics, but for different characters. That's why I just decided to edit my old topic.

Most of us probably think that KS is the best visual novel and has the best characters in it (me included), but it's just our opinion. I haven't played any of the vn:s on the list, but I have watched Clannad's and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni + Kai + Rei + Kira's anime adaptions. I personally would have picked other characters. This list made me curious about those other vn:s too.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I guess we're all just a little biased when it comes to "Best VN" or else we wouldn't be here. :)

And please don't write off Walking Dead. Sure its got plenty of zombie action, but like the disabilities in KS, they're really just a backdrop in which to tell a story about people. The game has plenty of heartbreaking, and "Holy crap!" moments. And an ending which I think hurts just as much as any bad ending in KS.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I know 5 of the characters listed, but imo Emi shouldn't even be there. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I don't get it...Why was this revived?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:I don't get it...Why was this revived?

Because.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

It seems Zilveri is practicing the forbidden art.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Tomate wrote:It seems Zilveri is practicing the forbidden art.
Wait... how do you guys know about it? I haven't told anyone.

I only though that people would like to see this.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Conjuration raised to 50.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

First things first, you can disregard the poll GameFAQs ran because it's clearly taking the piss. Sunohara from Clannad a good character? Please, that's like saying Kirk Cameron is a good actor. Second of all stop putting Katawa Shoujo in GameFAQs polls. Putting something that isn't a video game up against real video games designed as such is going to hurt it. Contrary to popular belief there is such a thing as bad publicity. Keep promoting it as a free to download visual novel with a bizarre premise that will tug at the heartstrings of some people and end it there. Do not for the love of Jah pit it against The Walking Dead.

Don't get me wrong, i like Hanako and Rin more than i like characters from The Walking Dead; but the existence of Clementine, a good child character, is a miracle that overshadows Katawa Shoujo's existence, we don't need to stack it up against that.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Putting something that isn't a video game up against real video games designed as such is going to hurt it.
What makes it not a video game?
Not Dead Yet
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Oddball wrote:
Putting something that isn't a video game up against real video games designed as such is going to hurt it.
What makes it not a video game?
No interactivity. All we do is turn the page, every action taken is Hisao's action. Sure we can choose to read multiple outcomes when Hisao is considering something but in the end there is nothing we do that influences things. Also there is no gameplay since there are no tests of skill or strategy.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.