Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Have you played Hanako's colored-tile game, or some similar variant, within the last two years?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 472

Rednal

Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

Post by Rednal »

Brought up in the Favorite Quotes thread, where several people mentioned having actually done it. So, I'm curious; how many of the people hanging out around here have played the tile game Hanako does? Within, say, the last two years? Also, any thoughts on what this says about those of us who have?
Last edited by Rednal on Sun May 31, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCJedi

Re: Have you played Hanako's Game? (Poll)

Post by PCJedi »

I know I tend to do it whenever I get bored and see tiled floors. But I think it has more to do with me being somewhat ADD then being lonely, and never thought it was anything to pity someone over, unlike the way Hisao seems to see it.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
OtakuMegane

Post by OtakuMegane »

Yep, I'll do it randomly just for amusement. As for what it says about anyone, I think it's usually just a bit of fun for people smart enough not to believe they're "too old" for something.
Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Yuuko > Emi > Rin > Shizune

<OtakuMegane> sdfgegervdrtt456rth?
<A22> who are you
<A22> yeah fuck it you have otaku in your name
<A22> the dislike just comes naturally
<OtakuMegane> :D
<A22> shu tup
Kazukagi

Post by Kazukagi »

I used to do it all the time as a kid, and more recently I do it sometimes when I'm bored. I was actually pleasantly surprised when Hanako mentioned doing something similar. I am not alone.
Life and death may be back to back, but they will never face each other. I'll show you, this is what it means to kill something..." -Shiki Tohno
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

I do it too randomly, sometimes. :D
"...!"
flurk

Post by flurk »

the version i used to play when i was little:

my house has a marble tile floor. the tiles were small, square and of only one colour.

so i decided that walking in a straight tile-line would be too obvious to others, and would make me really slow (the tiles are small, about 8-9 inches a side, so i decided to walk horizontally. then i decided that walking horizontally would still mean that i'll be taking uber small steps, so i decided to take 4 tiles at a time. something like this.
game final.jpg
game final.jpg (8.53 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
so i take steps like that. each step is equivalent to four diagonal single steps, so it's ok.

over time, i started to memorise routes from my favourite spot at the living room sofa to other places, like the kitchen (that had large tiles, i skipped a lot there when i was little) etc, and remembered which tiles i should step on. it became second nature after that.

how's your version like?

oh yeah. the game.

EDIT: shit, was i the only one who voted no?
kobe

Post by kobe »

Well, the tiles in my house are waaaay too small to play the game, but when I go to the shopping center (gah! I hate shopping! Mom always makes me come with her, too much people, all noisy, babbling, ...), I play, they have this floor in a rectangular pattern with 3 different colours, and I usually try to hit the next colour in the pattern (Beige, brown, white, beige, brown, white, ...), or to hit only one color. You're never too old to do something, age is merely a number, amirite? (Fuck yeah Pokémon, locoroco and kororinpa!)
flurk

Post by flurk »

^what about patapon?? don't forget the patapons!

there are never tiles too small to play hanako's game! (hahaha did we just name it after her?) the upstairs of my house have small tiles too, about 8 cm a side. they're also same-coloured, ao i tried to visualise four of them as one tile for the sake of my game, starting at the top of the stairs. similarly, i learned and remembered while four-tiles i'm supposed to step on with which leg all the time.

EDIT: it's 14 against 1 now!! AM I REALLY SUCH A FREAK FOR QUITTING HANAKO'S GAME?
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Note that similar variants are also accepted. XD But it appears most people here have played it... at least, of those who have voted so far, anyway.
(hahaha did we just name it after her?)
Yes.
Last edited by Rednal on Sun May 31, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Envy

Post by Envy »

In the last two years? No. Only when I was a kid.

It was common knowledge during my childhood that if you stepped on the cracks between the pavement blocks tigers would eat you.
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

All through High School, if I didn't have to be somewhere ASAP, I'd go ahead and play with the floor tiles. Haven't had a chance to recently. Lack of tiled floors.
Strider

Post by Strider »

lobo

Post by lobo »

i use to do it when i was little
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

I think everyone has at some point. I had to walk like how a knight moves in chess.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Who hasn't? The human mind gets bored easily and walking is generally a boring activity hence we find some way to occupy ourselves, this being the most convenient.
Last edited by Palodin on Sun May 31, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.