What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpecimenSix

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:And to get back on topic, here's another scene that hits me hard. I can just hear that sad little girl voice trying to get the words out between sobs. Gets me every time. :cry:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 ... ce4576.jpg
Oh god that scene destroyed me. :cry:
Emi was my first route in the game. I had no idea how it would invoke my emotions like that and as my first playthrough I was speechless. I thought it would be good but I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as powerful or excellent as it turned out. I'm no stranger to heartbreak, but I knew once it started to get serious that I was in for quite a ride after that.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

For that scene, I can only say: I can extend my hand to you, my lady. But, you must take it out of your own will.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'd also like to add "Any scene where Lilly is crying" to the list. I'm right there, shedding tears along with her. :cry:

*Sigh* My fairytale princess.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:I'd also like to add "Any scene where Lilly is crying" to the list. I'm right there, shedding tears right along with her. :cry:
True, Hanako and Emi as well I'd say. It's bad enough when a girl is crying right in front of me, at least I can actually do something about it. Every scene here though all I can do is watch, it feels almost helpless. :cry:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I'd also like to add "Any scene where Lilly is crying" to the list. I'm right there, shedding tears right along with her. :cry:
True, Hanako and Emi as well I'd say. It's bad enough when a girl is crying right in front of me, at least I can actually do something about it. Every scene here though all I can do is watch, it feels almost helpless. :cry:
True enough. though its especially upsetting because Lilly is such a pillar of strength in the story. At the same time its quite heartwarming that shes crying over you, because she cares for you so much. Its hard to imagine anything more romantic.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote: True enough. though its especially upsetting because Lilly is such a pillar of strength in the story. At the same time though its actually kind of heartwarming not because shes sad for herself, but because she cares for you so much. Its hard to imagine anything more loving.
Exactly. I loved that about her arc how she was never really upset for herself despite her disability, but because of how much she loved you and Hanako. Good thing there weren't too many scenes when she was upset because I don't think I could handle any more. :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
True enough. though its especially upsetting because Lilly is such a pillar of strength in the story. At the same time its quite heartwarming that shes crying over you, because she cares for you so much. Its hard to imagine anything more romantic.
She feels like the Messiah to me. But, the eternal quote from Gandalf: Not all tears are an evil. So, I will not say ,"Do not cry."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

^ You realize I HAVE to edit Lilly into the crucifixion now...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

YZQ wrote:
pandaphil wrote: True enough. though its especially upsetting because Lilly is such a pillar of strength in the story. At the same time its quite heartwarming that shes crying over you, because she cares for you so much. Its hard to imagine anything more romantic.
She feels like the Messiah to me. But, the eternal quote from Gandalf: Not all tears are an evil. So, I will not say ,"Do not cry."
Maybe not messiah, but I could certainly picture Lilly as a nordic valkyrie. Beautiful, graceful, and fierce.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:^ You realize I HAVE to edit Lilly into the crucifixion now...
Aye. Do what you must.

Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:^ You realize I HAVE to edit Lilly into the crucifixion now...
Holy shit yes.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

Top 10:
10. Lilly Good Ending
9. Rin (Crying after I realized how much I had just wasted my time)
8. Hanako Bad Ending
7. Misha admits love for Shizune
6. Hanako shows scars to Hisao
5. Finding out Lilly was going to Scotland
4. Hisao voluntarily leaving Emi's house (at how boss his strategy was)
3. Emi Good Ending
2. Hanako Good Ending
1. Lilly in Wheatfield

Okay, 9 and 4 may not have actually drawn tears from my eyes, but the others are all of the scenes I cried at. No regrets. I'm fairly sure I needed buckets to catch all of my tears for the top three I listed.

Edit: How could I have possibly forgotten the cutscene for Hanako? Absolutely brilliant. Replace 4 with that.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
win746

Post by win746 »

Seeing Rin cry everytime just breaks my heart, that's the only time I actually cried from KS. Any other scenes I just feel like crying, but didn't................
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Eh, why not. I'll make a top ten tear jerking moments for me since it seems to be the cool thing around here.

10: Jigoro picking on Hisao about his sweater vest. (Dammit, I look fly in my sweater vest :cry:)
9: Every time the song, "Innocence" was played.
8: Hisao crying about his condition after Rin talked to him on the roof. (That scene hit pretty hard.)
7: Emi's good end. (Not the sex scene, the scene in the graveyard)
6: Misha Talking about suicide after you decide to comfort her or not.
5: Rin crying after Nomiya's fit. (I wanted to kill that bastard, along with Hisao :P)
4:Lilly's good ending. (Run Hisao, run! Run for your woman :cry:)
3: Lilly leaving for Scotland (Saddest part in the entire game for me.)
2: Rin's good ending. (Beautiful. Just beautiful. I was also sad since it was the ending of my playthrough of KS.)
1: Hanako's good ending. (Literally the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Best moment in the entire game)
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

For me, it's hanako scene at showing her scar and her explanations , and other one is Lilly's visit to hisao after his collapse on his way to reach her before departure.

This game make me, the pathetic man ever, regret mocking life.....
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791