Sub-par Hanako/Hisao fan art.

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Dream

Sub-par Hanako/Hisao fan art.

Post by Dream »

Well, i decided to try my hand at one of these fan-arts. The job is pretty weak/half-assed in some parts and i think it's noticeable, to tell you the truth i both dislike this and feel it's vaguely ok.

Hmm, no. Actually i think it's very, very bad.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Re: Sub-par Hanako/Hisao fan art.

Post by pandaphil »

Hey I think its pretty decent. The pencil work on the hair is nice, and Hanako has a cute mouth. Just the proportions on the eye and the ear are kinda off.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

I really don't think it's very good, but thank you. Although it's probably not too noticeable, the upper lip is a bit displaced/borked and the hair on both of them is way too disorganized. The eye (i assume you refer to Hanako's) doesn't feel as too big for me, although the expression of surprise probably isn't very evident. The ear however is certainly wrong in terms of form, although i couldn't specify what is "off" about it.

I appreciate your comment.

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Just trying to offer some encouragement. I think it shows a lot of promise and hope you'll stick to it.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Somewhat unfortunately, the page that drawing was on got irreparably damaged. I would say that it was humidity in the air or something, but none of my other drawings suffered from the paper getting such damage (thankfully). In any case, remade it for the third time and decided to post it here since, while it's still not finished, i really don't want to leave that terrible OP drawing by itself and i already spent an hour or so working on it, so i can't really concentrate much more on this one for now.