What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
I'm crying because I know you're never going to run out of links like these...
Good crying or bad? :lol:

@SpecimenSix: American Dad remains great because Seth doesn't have total control. He's only a co-writer on that series. The rest of his..."talent"...goes to Family Guy and Black Family Guy. I read in an interview once that Family Guy scripts actually get sent back if the writing doesn't meet a quota for manatee gags. Ugh.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote:
I'm crying because I know you're never going to run out of links like these...
Good crying or bad? :lol:

@SpecimenSix: American Dad remains great because Seth doesn't have total control. He's only a co-writer on that series. The rest of his..."talent"...goes to Family Guy and Black Family Guy. I read in an interview once that Family Guy scripts actually get sent back if the writing doesn't meet a quota for manatee gags. Ugh.
I don't know, I don't cry very often.

Except for when I turn on the television and look at what entertainment has become anythingbysethgreenorwillferrellcough.

OT: When Oscar of Astora's Hollow form assaults you, for any FromSoft fans out there.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote: @SpecimenSix: American Dad remains great because Seth doesn't have total control. He's only a co-writer on that series. The rest of his..."talent"...goes to Family Guy and Black Family Guy. I read in an interview once that Family Guy scripts actually get sent back if the writing doesn't meet a quota for manatee gags. Ugh.
Hmm I wouldn't doubt that actually. That would explain the huge difference between American Dad and Family guy.

@Umber: Not a fan of seth green? I myself love Robot Chicken :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Umber wrote:OT: When Oscar of Astora's Hollow form assaults you, for any FromSoft fans out there.
Also when Solaire of Astora attacks you or when you see that Sif is hurt.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Zilveri wrote:
Umber wrote:OT: When Oscar of Astora's Hollow form assaults you, for any FromSoft fans out there.
Also when Solaire of Astora attacks you or when you see that Sif is hurt.
Save Sif, do the DLC, then fight him in Darkroot Forest. instafeels.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Umber wrote:
Save Sif, do the DLC, then fight him in Darkroot Forest. instafeels.
Oh yeah, I forgot that. True instafeels.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I watched Hantsuki again last night. Still the best tearjerker I've seen. :cry:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

...So I binge-played through the rest of Red Dead Redemption this morning. After chasing down Dutch and watching his suicide (poor guy), I began the ride home...Cue that music and the landscape bathed in sunset and I choked up a bit...Then a bunch of missions involving the family killed the feels by way of pain-in-the-ass herding and horse-breaking jobs. Then that damn ending...Fuck the army, man. Seriously. I mean, I got off many good shots and took plenty of those bastards with me but...Damn. Then the post-game goes on with Jack which made it worse because it's pretty clear he didn't have anything resembling the life John wanted for him. I blame that asshole in the top hat for not warning me.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

this h-manga call Believe Machine its about 7 chapters long and the ending made me choke up so much
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Pretty much every scene containing one of my waifus. ^^'
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:...So I binge-played through the rest of Red Dead Redemption this morning. After chasing down Dutch and watching his suicide (poor guy), I began the ride home...Cue that music and the landscape bathed in sunset and I choked up a bit...Then a bunch of missions involving the family killed the feels by way of pain-in-the-ass herding and horse-breaking jobs. Then that damn ending...Fuck the army, man. Seriously. I mean, I got off many good shots and took plenty of those bastards with me but...Damn. Then the post-game goes on with Jack which made it worse because it's pretty clear he didn't have anything resembling the life John wanted for him. I blame that asshole in the top hat for not warning me.
Oh god, I forgot about Red Dead Redemption.
The Manliest of Tears were shed for that ending.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:...So I binge-played through the rest of Red Dead Redemption this morning. After chasing down Dutch and watching his suicide (poor guy), I began the ride home...Cue that music and the landscape bathed in sunset and I choked up a bit...Then a bunch of missions involving the family killed the feels by way of pain-in-the-ass herding and horse-breaking jobs. Then that damn ending...Fuck the army, man. Seriously. I mean, I got off many good shots and took plenty of those bastards with me but...Damn. Then the post-game goes on with Jack which made it worse because it's pretty clear he didn't have anything resembling the life John wanted for him. I blame that asshole in the top hat for not warning me.
Oh god, I forgot about Red Dead Redemption.
The Manliest of Tears were shed for that ending.

Seriously, it's a downer all around. Sure, Bonnie marries (and even that's potentially bittersweet at best, given her unrequited affections for John), the Marshal retires, and Seth gets rich as hell...But everyone else is fucked.

Reyes undermines his own revolution by becoming a tyrant.

Irish accidentally suicides in an outhouse.

West Dickens...Well, he's a snake oil salesman.

Luisa probably goes on believing she matters at all to a Mexican tyrant.

Jenny dies of illness in the wilderness.

Harold dies due to false accusations. His wife is left alone.

Nastas dies.

The film director guy goes bankrupt.

That hooker John saves goes back and gets offed by her pimp.

Dougal loses his damn mind at Yale.

Abigail dies.

Jack becomes every bit the murderer John worked for him not to be. Bonus downer points for his last conversation with John, all excited about them newfangled aeroplanes ("They'll turn men into angels." - So will a bullet...) and the miserably anticlimactic ending (What's that? You wanted a reward for taking revenge? Closure? Satisfaction? No. You get a corpse falling into a river and a return to the empty shell of a life that was long since stolen from you. No fanfare. Goodbye.)

And Edgar Ross? He retires as a famed hero for ridding the frontier of Dutch's gang after taking full credit for all of John's work. All hail the conquering evil bastard...

I should've expected as much given the last mission's title is "The last enemy that shall be destroyed..." [Note it trails off before '...is death.'] but...Goddamn. Nobody wins.

Interesting bookends though: The game starts with John getting shot then doing errands for a snarky rancher woman (all after watching Edgar's car unloaded from a train). It ends with John doing errands for a snarky rancher woman then getting shot (all after running errands in Edgar's car). From the first mark of 'civilization' (the automobile) encroaching on the frontier to being an errand boy for the man behind all that 'civilization'. Followed by John's (whose design screams 'wild west cowboy') brutal death in the name of so-called civilization. Cue the irony years later when all Edgar wants is retirement and the Bureau refuses to let him go, exactly as he forced John to continue killing people when all he wanted was to wash his hands of all the bloodshed.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Here's a short list of songs that have made me cry before.

Come Sail Away - Styx (Intro)
Layla - Eric Clapton (The ending is what gets me.)
The Breaking of the Fellowship - LoTR soundtrack (Every fucking time I watch it...)
Dire Dire Docks - Mario 64 (Nostalgic reasons)

I felt obliged to share a small personal album of songs that bring tears to my eyes, get over it :P There's also many more songs, but I'm too lazy to look for them so be glad.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

You should read Blood Meridian, you will feel better.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:
You should read Blood Meridian, you will feel better.
Nah, I just moved on to Infamous 2.