A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Falconhaxx

Re: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)

Post by Falconhaxx »

Thank you.

Scissorlips, you are a good writer. Not just a writer who jumped on a good idea and produced text, you are good at writing. Your Suzu is one of my favourite original characters(well, not completely original, but original enough) of all time, I absolutely love how you wrote her. Your ability to combine and modify idioms to be both funny and new(I will never forget your version of "There's an elephant in the room...") made reading this a sort of unique experience for me, and it's something that I will treasure forever.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
edruil

Post by edruil »

Thanks for this Scissorlips. It was a joy to read - always the fic I would be most excited for updates to. Never posted before, but your "say it now or forever hold your peace" comment towards lurkers spurned me into action :P You gave Suzu life, and Miki to a lesser extent, and well enough for most of this to make my head-canon. I know we all really appreciate the work you put into this, and best of luck in your future endeavors!
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

Was worth the wait. I felt like it was dying down in after the major climax, but this last chapter felt nothing short of perfect. Congrats, I wish I had your finesse to actually write something this long. Maybe sometime in the near future I can tackle my own novel ideas.

Crazy to think I was bumping some of your first chapters in KSG back at the beginning of summer when you hadn't even had a chance to post yet. Proud of you, friend.
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
Pocketpatrol

Post by Pocketpatrol »

I've never posted anything about this AMAZING route of yours before, but now that it's coming to an end, I feel it proper to at least express a tiny amount of awe and respect to you. This story was truly amazing. To me, it just felt so real. The characters felt so normal, and the pacing was great. Your story introduced me to Suzu, and I'm going to be forever grateful to you for showing us her story in such a perfect way. Reading this in her point of view just felt so much more personal.

Ummm, I really don't know what else to say. This story is amazing. You are amazing. I wish you the best of luck in whatever else you set your sights on. Know that any other works you create, I as well as many others will be there to experience it.

Godspeed you magnificent man. Godspeed to you Scissorlips
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

I can't remember If I've left anything here before, but well,
You done good man, you done good.
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

That was... beautiful. I love the ending, the only quibble I had was Miki getting called home, but its a very minor quibble; it just seemed kinda odd to me. *shrug*

The last chapter had me in tears it was sweet and romantic, very much what I would like out of a romance.
Ranger9000

Post by Ranger9000 »

Long time lurker and made an account to finally comment.

That was great, one of the best things I read. The ending was amazing and I CAN"T GET THE MANLY TEARS TO STOP.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/fuckin ... 929088.jpg

You are a great writer Sissorlips and I thank you for writing this story, I am certain I will be back to read this again in the near future, and best of luck on whatever you decide to do next.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

I'm not gonna lie and say I've been here from the beginning, because I haven't. I discovered this fic last night when it was posted on the Katawa Shoujo General thread. I read it all night and all day, and finished it this afternoon. This pseudo-pseudo route evoked more feeling in me than most of the actual routes in the VN. I love the way you characterized Suzu; she was adorable as all hell. And now I'm left with a feeling of longing. Of wanting more. The same feeling I got when i finished KS for the first time. Scissorlips, you truly have a gift. I have no criticisms, only praise. I only pray that we can expect more from you in the future.

Brother, I love you, but I fear I may have spoiled myself to other fic writers by reading yours first, heheh.
Bacon Elemental

Post by Bacon Elemental »

And so Scissorlips' Suzu route comes to a close... and whathaveyoudonetome-

Erm.

I'll leave three (maybe too large) images to represent my feels both during and after reading this wonderful piece of work:

Anyway, yeah. This story was fantastic, probably one of the best things I've read (minor story dragging issues aside), and that good end was... just perfect. The funeral song scene was probably the closest I got to tearing up after all the feels that KS gave me. Your Suzu's an amazingly well-thought out character that I could relate to, and the supporting cast (including, and especially Hisao and Miki) complemented the story so well. I wish I knew how to draw as I would gladly make more fan art for this. And well... there's nothing really nothing else I can think of saying other than you did a fan-frigging-tabulously-tastic job (or something like that). I will look forward to your future endeavors. Well done, and thank you from the bottom of my elemental fat. :D
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There goes my mobile bandwidth for this month^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
HD23

Post by HD23 »

I felt more feels on this route than any other. I also really liked the difference between the two endings, how everything is different because of something out of Suzu's control. It suits her. Something that would be really cool would be suggested music for the passages, I was listening to the soundtrack while reading, and when the music and text synced up it was much more intense.
Katawa Shoujo Progress - 100%
Katawa Crash High Score - 214549.79m
Real Life Emi Running Program - Did well, then stopped. Need to start it up again soon.
formalAnarchist

Post by formalAnarchist »

I made this account pretty much for this piece of fiction, and I really don't have anything insightful or interesting to say. But yeah, this is pretty much one of the best fan works I've ever read, for any fandom. It was simply magnificent.
d3v14nt13

Post by d3v14nt13 »

I was severely tempted to read this right now, but I'm sleepy as hell, so I'll save it for tomorrow.

Scissorlips, you've gotten plenty of thanks already so me saying it extravagantly would seem like I'm being a band-wagoner, but you've done something fantastic that's had an impact. I told you this privately already but to say it publicly and succinctly:

I felt bad, read this as you wrote it, your passion was evident and inspiring and then I didn't feel bad. To use a good friend of mine's favorite pretentious-ass word, the experience was "gezellig."

I have to say that my absolute favorite part was the immersive feeling of the narration, and to be clear I appreciate the length of the posts. I don't even remember where I was going with that post from before, and I'm too sleepy now to bother trying to figure out what inconsequential statement I'd failed to properly make.

I'm glad I read this, despite the (More than?) slightly stupid posts I've made in the thread. I look forward to reading more things from you sometime.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

d3v14nt13 wrote:I have to say that my absolute favorite part was the immersive feeling of the narration, and to be clear I appreciate the length of the posts.
I'm going to have to agree with this; I was especially impressed with the amusement park dream sequence. Once that scene ended I had an "Oh you diiiiiiiiiiick" moment, but I loved it. I already said it in my previous post but I feel like it bears repeating: the way you characterized Suzu is just fantastic. At first I was deliberating, but now I'm pretty sure that this pseudo-route has made Suzu my waifu. My only regret is that there isn't as much art of her as there is of the others.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Well, now I feel like I'm left a little out in the cold as far as the long-standing stories here go, but I'll manage.

*ahem*

Having started reading this back when I first joined the boards, it's at least partially responsible for inspiring me to write, so I thank you for that. There are still things in your narrative that bother me, and sometimes your grammar makes me cringe, but all that pales in comparison to the journey you created for Suzu. The one thing I think separates good stories from the rest is transcendence, and her sleepy travels most certainly forced her to change.

Anything I say here will probably seem like pedantic drivel, but I wanted to at least tell you this: You're a good man, Scissorlips. You waded through mud, ducked slings and arrows from critics and haters, and through it all you kept plodding along. Perhaps not everything in this tale is perfect (I've written some scathing critiques myself), but you finished it despite a lot of undue criticism and badgering. It's possible the crossfire only served to make you more determined, which, in my humble opinion, is a better revenge than any reprisal.

As a final thought, I would recommend that you not stop writing; whether or not you were planning to is irrelevant. Few can ever master long-form fiction writing, but you seem to have a knack for it, and that talent shouldn't be wasted.