Thoughts on the H-scenes?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Thoughts on the H-scenes?

Post by pandaphil »

Well, she is smiling, but the arched eyebrow is a dead giveaway that shes not happy. Just stunned.

I don't know, I guess I'm a supporter of the theory that she feels something for Hisao even in Lily's arc. After all he is the only boy shes opened up to and felt comfortable with in a very long time. It seems natural that she'd develop a crush.

Plus she probably suddenly feels like the fifth wheel. Like she's in the way again.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:Well, she is smiling, but the arched eyebrow is a dead giveaway that shes not happy. Just stunned.

I don't know, I guess I'm a supporter of the theory that she feels something for Hisao even in Lily's arc. After all he is the only boy shes opened up to and felt comfortable with in a very long time. It seems natural that she'd develop a crush.

Plus she probably suddenly feels like the fifth wheel. Like she's in the way again.
Yea I could see that. I still haven't made up my mind on her feelings towards Hisao in the Lilly arc. Maybe she does feel something for him which is likely, or maybe she's just happy to have another friend she can count on. Given her personality it's hard to tell which is the case. I guess that's one of the things I love about her character.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Yea I could see that. I still haven't made up my mind on her feelings towards Hisao in the Lilly arc. Maybe she does feel something for him which is likely, or maybe she's just happy to have another friend she can count on. Given her personality it's hard to tell which is the case. I guess that's one of the things I love about her character.
It really is hard to tell with her. It could go either way. That pic is just one possible "What-if". And I love What-if's and alternate explainations. :)

Like so much else about the game, pick your theory and run with it. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
It really is hard to tell with her. It could go any way. Like so much else about the game, pick your theory and run with it.
Indeed. I prefer it that way though. It's better to leave that up to our imagination than the story outright telling us what is going on the whole time. You're sure to never disappoint that way. Well, almost never. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, Hanako will know that Hisao literally risked everything to stay with Lily. She must decide whether she can stake everything on a shot (friendship with Lily and Hisao). A very mature decision.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah. Thinking about it, I want to be more positive and think it wasn't full blown heartbreak that made her go at the end of Lily's arc, but just a twinge of regret. She knew though that if she stayed, there was a chance she'd actually fall in love with Hisao and end up resenting Lily. She didn't want to betray her friends, so she got out before it went any farther. To try and resolve her feelings.

Or maybe I'm just projecting. I've had two close friends get married when I was actually in love with one of them myself, and that's a hard feeling.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

And after that trip to Hokkaido with the Newspaper Club, she wants to fight for her happiness. If Lily is gracious enough to accept the challenge, may the best girl win.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Yeah. Thinking about it, I want to be more positive and think it wasn't full blown heartbreak that made her go at the end of Lily's arc...
Easy enough to do since she left just to go live her life. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Yeah. Thinking about it, I want to be more positive and think it wasn't full blown heartbreak that made her go at the end of Lily's arc...
That's what I got from it. I never saw Hanako in Lilly's Route having those kinds of feelings towards Hisao. If anything, she saw him as a father figure the same way she saw Lilly as a mother figure, hence why she was so excited when she heard those two were together.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Selim Bradley wrote: That's what I got from it. I never saw Hanako in Lilly's Route having those kinds of feelings towards Hisao. If anything, she saw him as a father figure the same way she saw Lilly as a mother figure, hence why she was so excited when she heard those two were together.
There's still the possibility that, seeing how Lilly went into a relationship with Hisao, she didn't want to overburden her with her own personal needs. But I prefer the optomistic-Pandaphil theory.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Selim Bradley wrote: That's what I got from it. I never saw Hanako in Lilly's Route having those kinds of feelings towards Hisao. If anything, she saw him as a father figure the same way she saw Lilly as a mother figure, hence why she was so excited when she heard those two were together.
This.
Attachments
But I still find this cute. :3
But I still find this cute. :3
KS 9.jpg (651.45 KiB) Viewed 2987 times
Last edited by ArcCain on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ArcCain wrote:This.
That's been posted several times, but it never gets old. Gotta love getting a blind girl and a girl with extreme social anxiety drunk!
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
Yea that's the direction I feel she went too. I don't think she's growing further away from Hisao and Lilly, just that she has gained more confidence and independence.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

That's what I got from it. I never saw Hanako in Lilly's Route having those kinds of feelings towards Hisao. If anything, she saw him as a father figure the same way she saw Lilly as a mother figure, hence why she was so excited when she heard those two were together.
I don't think Hanako saw Hisao as a father figure OR Lilly as a mother figure in either Lilly's route or her own. That's merely how Lilly and/or Hisao think from time to time. Hanako herself probably begs to differ.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I don't think it's so much confidence that pushes Hanako out into the world in Lilly and Hisao's route as it is the need to not be a burden to them.

I mean, she's certainly more confident than she was, but I feel alot of her motivation is just for their sake. She wants her friends to be happy, and that means they can't be worrying about her all the time.
Not Dead Yet