A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Fiandra

Re: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)

Post by Fiandra »

Three words: Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

The ending is nice ;__; thank you for your hard work to this awesome fic, Scissorlips. I really liked it. Your characterization of Suzu is awesome. I'm using the word awesome too many times. But still, awesome.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
CaptainFalcon

Post by CaptainFalcon »

So I just saw that this had been completed and I went from fangirling (fanguying? Whatever the term is for dudes) to experiencing all of the feels. Will post a proper comment once i've actually read the last couple of chapters but for now I say thank you. Thank you for bringing us something truely wonderful. You are amazing.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Now I can tell that he’s wearing a deep frown. “Don’t show her this book.” (Hisao)
“Whatever. Did you find anything else?” (???)
Some shuffling. “Well, I guess you could always go with something in here. She likes this kind of crap, right?” (Kenji)
“It’s not crap.” Hisao replies.
Of I do have my own coats,
No course here?
Feare no more the heate o' th' Sun,...
Truly a fitting piece, congrats on finding it.
I admit, though, that this is hard for even me to read and understand, and I've read a good number of Shakespeare's works (not Cymbeline, though). With Hisao's problems with the English language I doubt he could make heads from tails with this.

Anyway, congrats on finishing your story. Makes me want to continue my own someday. Maybe I'll get to it once I finish translating Emi's path...
It never ceased to amaze me how you can say so little in so many words and still make it such an enjoyable read. Yes, that is supposed to be a compliment. :-)
Any future projects or taking a break first?
forgetmenot wrote:I'm making a Lasagna.
You're not from Europe, are you? 8)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
nemz

Post by nemz »

Go get em, Snuzu! :D

Ah, so much awesome. Thanks for such a wonderful story!
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
CaptainFalcon

Post by CaptainFalcon »

And now I can make an attempt at a proper comment. That was... just truely amazing. The best fan fiction I have ever read by far and hell it'd have to be at least in the top 5 greatest things I have ever read. The ending had my in tears but it also made me smile. I enjoyed all of the ups and downs the story contained and I loved every minute of it. Scissorlips, you have a great gift. You are a fantastic writer. So thank you, thank you for sharing something so amazing with us.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

So there I was, just doing my usual late-night check in on the threads I follow. Opened a bunch of tabs for the ones with new posts, not really looking at their titles or whatever. The last one I get to is this. Coolio, maybe there's a new chapter. I start reading the feedback post. Yep, new chapter. One of these almost always prefaces a new chapter. Then...
Scissorlips wrote:I don't really know what to say here. Without being too melodramatic, a part of my life is coming to a close. Thank you for helping make my time here such a truly memorable experience. If you've been following along in silence, this is pretty much your last chance to let me know what you thought of the story. Thank you for putting up with me, all this time.
From here words cannot really capture how I feel, so in lieu of that, please try these assorted images.

When I read the above quote.
As I was reading.
And when I was done.

You know how they say that no matter what you do in life, you will never be as awesome as this picture? Well... they're right. You're not as awesome; you're more awesome. A million internets, a winrar is you, conglaturations, all my base are belong to you, and most of all, thank you, sir.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Phyrrus

Post by Phyrrus »

Congratulations, Scissorlips, on completing this lengthy story. While I may have just created this account, I've been keeping up with this story since Act 2. I've had your Pastebin bookmarked for quite some time, until I found out about this forum, though I never felt inclined to make an account up until now.

While Katawa Shoujo isn't my favourite VN, there's still something about it that makes you want more. Personally, I believe it's characters and the setting. A boy, who feels his world is falling apart, learns how to truly live life with the help of a woman who's also trying to figure it all out, and they help each other to grow, to smile, to love. The characters are all likeable, and the setting has so much to offer, that after the VN is over, it makes you wish there was at least one more path to follow, it makes you want to see how else it all could have played out. At least, that's how I felt afterwards.

Moving along to your story. Personally, I found it to be better than any of the route in Katawa Shoujo. Perhaps it was because I wasn't there for the development of the story like a lot of fans were, but I found the VN to be good, not great. It's happened all too many times where I've read a story by a fan, usually on this forum, and thought to myself that it was really able to capture my heart, more so than most moments in the VN. Again, that's just how I experienced it. Of course, there's something to be said about the VN, since I'm still able to read stories about it and talk about it over half a year after finishing it, but that's beside the point.

I love Suzu. Her personality was really able to shine through your writing. It made me laugh at times, it made me feel bad at others, you really captured her emotions in your writing, and for that, I applaud you. All of the other characters were kept in-character from what we know from the VN, and I really enjoyed the scenes where Suzu and Kenji, and Suzu and Shizune were interacting. Suzu's relationships with Miki and Lezard were interesting, and both characters were handled (ha!) well. I feel like you were able to capture Hisao's growth as a character as well. Everything that happened, everything that was said, I can imagine him saying in the VN, and for that, I applaud you.

Another thing I really enjoyed in your writing is when something is mentioned by someone in passing, and then a few chapters later, all of the significance and emotion behind that mention is revealed. For example, when Suzu mentioned that she loved the ocean early on when talking to Hisao about her calendar, and then learning the significance of the ocean to Suzu during Act 4 was something I greatly enjoyed. And again, during Act 3, when Suzu said that Seiji always wanted to paint something, but never saw something worth capturing, only to be shown her painting during Act 4, was very well written, and had a strong impact on me.

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about writing, and if I could share some constructive criticism, I would. However, I have nothing but praise for this story. Sometimes, when I'm reading something, depending on what I'm reading, I end up wishing for a little more substance. There are a lot of stories out there with so much potential, and yet in the end they just don't deliver. When I say that, certain routes come to mind. On the other hand, I feel that you delivered on every point with this story. Bravo, and thank you very much for sharing this with us. Of course, I know it's a little soon, but do you plan on writing anything else? I would love to see more from you.
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

Congrats on making it to the end, man.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Thanks so much for writing this, Scissorlips. I can't possibly express how amazing the writing of this story was. Every time I read a chapter I was happy, sad, enlightened, every possible emotion.

Except for bored. That never, never, ever, happened.

Congratulations on making it to the end.

And once again, thank you.
SerRodrik

Post by SerRodrik »

...Daaaaamn. Discovered this one relatively recently and never got around to commenting, so now seems like an appropriate time. I'm shocked and impressed at how much personality and life you gave to a character that was previously just showed up in a single picture with no accompanying info. It's quickly become one of my favorite KS fanfics, and now I'm a little sad that it's ended.

You done good.
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

asdDGAFTY SQUEEE was basically my reaction last night when I saw this was updated, but it was too late to read it.
I actually lost sleep bc I was so damn excited to finish this amazing story and idk if it's the excitement from the coffee I just drank, or the massive feels from finishing a piece of writing that wonderful, but my nipples are hard.

In all seriousness though this is an absolutely stunning piece of writing, you should be very proud of yourself. I am extremely excited to read the rest of your works, and I wish you the best of luck pursuing whatever you would like to next =)))
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
LewishM

Post by LewishM »

Removing the little bookmark from my browser, knowing I can't come and check this everyday hoping for more, feels like a part of me is gone now.

This story was amazing, from start to finish, I'm glad you stuck with it till the end. Thank you very much for writing this.
centurion911

Post by centurion911 »

Can I say that this story endeared me to Suzu?

It was amazing, from the start to the finish, simply amazing.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

One word, just one word.

Win.

That is all.
My recommended fanfic material:
- A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route/Ascent: An Emilogue/Akira Pseudo-Route/Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue)/One Wish (Hanako, post neutral)/"Can You Open Your Heart?" - a Rika pseudo-route/Closure/Kagami Pseudo-Route/ Tomorrow's Doom - Aiko Kurai (OC)... Damn it people, stop writing awesome fanfic, i'm running out of room in this sig!
atw_ah

Post by atw_ah »

So there I was, 6 in the morning and getting ready for my daily commute to school. Since I carpool with a friend, I have to wait a little bit in my car before she comes out. So what did I do? I pulled out my phone and checked out the forums to see if anything interesting had been posted. What did I see? "A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)". Just reading that alone made me ecstatic. I had to go through all of my classes waiting for my day to end so that I could read the ending.

I finally got this chance a little while ago and it was glorious.

First off, damn you Scissorlips! I'm sitting here at school with tears in my eyes and a huge grin on my face and there's this girl across the room giving me a weird look because of it.
Though she is kinda cute...

Back on topic!
I love it. I can't even come up with the appropriate words to describe what I felt as I read these last chapters. From the very first chapter I read to the very last, I'm just impressed by what you have written. It's sad that we won't see this update anymore but I just... I love it, man...

Amazing job Scissorlips! I'll miss your rendition of Suzu but every good thing must come to an end and what an end it was!
KS: Bloodline The story of Yaso Atoza, 24 years after the events in KS.
Nomad: A Hanako Tale Hanako's search for her own personal paradise, ten years after KS.

Around The World, Always Honorable

My pastebin