Favorite Scene

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rednal

Favorite Scene

Post by Rednal »

I'm actually surprised to see that this thread doesn't seem to have been made yet. I thought it would have been. So, the question is this:

What one scene in the game was your favorite, and why?

Personally, despite being a die-hard Hanako fan, the scene I liked the most was going shopping with Lilly. Something about the idea of helping a cute blind girl go shopping (with her holding onto you, no less) just seems to be immensely appealing to me. If she hadn't already been my second favorite, that would've moved her up to it. It also seemed to be a good way for her to express interest in Hisao while getting the assistance she needs for things like getting food.
Palodin

Re: Favorite Scene

Post by Palodin »

Probably Rins ending, was a pretty interesting scene and a good way to finish the first act. Second, the manly picnic, a very funny scene although with an unfortunate end.

There were a few other scenes that I liked as well, but those two stood out for me.
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

I loved this scene, not only because you get to see through Shizune's all-business exterior, but because it's almost all done without needing a translator. Not just the roof part of the scene - Shizune swiping Hisao's last bit of food was hilarious, and I wish someone would draw fanart of that bit.

Second place would have to be "Clouds in My Head," with third a tie between "Soap," "Shanghaied," and "Mind Your Step."
SirAkbar

Post by SirAkbar »

I'm with Falkentyne on this one. I was glad to see that the Shizune ending was so well done.

Also, funny url on that picture.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Falkentyne wrote:Image
cool filename bro

also seconded
Ryuga

Post by Ryuga »

The ending for Shizune was one of my favorites too, But my other favorite scene was the risk one. The look on her face when you say that your people will rebel against her made me laugh so hard, and was one of the times you really get to see her as someone who can actually have fun.
Black Saloon

Post by Black Saloon »

Falkentyne wrote:Image
This was definitely it. It was this exact ending that made Shizune my favourite girl.

Also:
Last night, I finished reading the entire Manga series of Love Hina, something which took three solid nights. After that, I came on and got Kenji's ending, whereupon the fall happened.
I was still in my Love HIna state of mind, and forgot that unlike Keitaro (male lead of the series), Hisao can get hurt.

So it went like this:

*Hisao hitting the deck*

Haha! Oh wow, that's got to hurt. Heh heh.

... dude?

*credits roll*

DUUUUUUUUDE!!!

Totally unexpected. Didn't get to sleep for an hour after that because of the surprise.
To think bad thoughts is really the easiest thing in the world. If you leave your mind to itself it will spiral down into ever-increasing unhappiness. To think good thoughts, however, requires effort. This is one of the things that training is about.
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

As much as I liked the Shizune ending scene with her arms spread wide, telling you to look up at the sky, my favourite scene has to be the one where Hanako tells you about the tile game she plays.

Not only did I find it heart-warming because it was something I did as a child (as I'm sure many others may have done), it was also heart-breaking at the same time because of how lonely Hisao says she must be to have that game as one of the few ways to amuse herself. It's because it wrenched me both ways that I love this scene.
Attachments
Game.jpg
Game.jpg (46.46 KiB) Viewed 7371 times
Open up our narrow minds.
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

Rin's ending, hands down.

Ahahahaha, I kid, I kid. My favorite scene is definitely shopping with Lilly (incoming heart attack), but with Rin's ending is a close second.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

My favorite scene is 'Things You Can Do'.

Specifically when Rin shakes her hair out and smiles. SO DAMN CUTE!
That, and the 'Blind Boy' discussion right before it.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

all other scenes are inferior.
Attachments
scarface hurr
scarface hurr
DOWANT1.JPG (62.26 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

helmet boy wrote:all other scenes are inferior.
About time. That took long enough.
Boxy

Post by Boxy »

I cant really decide, each girl had a scene or two that resonated perfectly with their personalities. Though there were a couple of really special ones; like:

-Going shopping with Lilly
-Tea house with Shizune and Misha (when you finally agree)
-Painting the mural with Rin
-Rooftop with Shizune
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

some of my favorite ones have already been said - hanging out with Hanako pre-festival, the rooftop with Shizune, and the entire last scene with Rin. some haven't, though.

the two scenes with Shizune and Misha at the tea shop were some of the best ones, because it really showed how they are and how Hisao was learning to deal with them. that part where Hisao figures out what Shizune's going to do, leaves right at the same time she does, and then gets the note from Shizune was fuckin' awesome (but I like girls who challenge me).

I also really liked any scene with more than two of the girls. the part where Misha and Shizune talk to you right after you meet Rin, and the whole "who heard what?" thing, that was hilarious.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
vaen

Post by vaen »

Spoon wrote:Rin's ending, hands down.

Ahahahaha, I kid, I kid. My favorite scene is definitely shopping with Lilly (incoming heart attack), but with Rin's ending is a close second.
same with me :)