Loved this more then I thought I would

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ryuga

Loved this more then I thought I would

Post by Ryuga »

Well to be honest I just played through the demo of this today, and I loved it. For multiple reasons, I loved the artwork in it it was pretty damn good in my opinion. But more then that it was how the characters deal with their problems, and how the main character is just starting to deal with them. This struck a chord with me in particular because i suffered from a severe brain tumor when I was 10, I'm 20 now but I can relate very very easily to all of these characters in some sense, or at least feel like i can. I'm really looking forward to when the game releases.
Lootskin

Re: Loved this more then I thought I would

Post by Lootskin »

You didn't mention anything about the soundtrack, which imo is GREAT! This is how the soundtrack in The Sims 3 should have been.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Lootskin wrote:[...]the soundtrack, which imo is GREAT![...]
/seconded

Great job with the soundtrack!

I made a winamp playlist with the KS BGM lol

Listening to it most of the time!
"...!"
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

KS does seem to surprise a lot of people. I guess it's because it's really appealing even to those people (especially to those people?) who don't normally play VNs. For all my criticisms of it, all well-meaning, I assure you, it really does get better the more I play it.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Yeah, i agree with teclo, considering this was the first VS i played and i rather enjoyed it.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Ryuga

Post by Ryuga »

How could I forget about the music! That is one of my favorite parts about it, even as we speak I have the game open right now, and i have the music playing in the background. Another thing I forgot to mention that was really good about this game is that it I actually really get into it. After my whole ordeal I was kinda left with really bad ADD and can hardly focus on anything haha. Yet I played this game for hours straight, it was kind amazing for me yea know?
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

KS does seem to surprise a lot of people. I guess it's because it's really appealing even to those people (especially to those people?) who don't normally play VNs. For all my criticisms of it, all well-meaning, I assure you, it really does get better the more I play it.
I've been lurking around on these forums for a while now, and it seems like it isn't just me who has been introduced to the VN genre because of KS. As you say, something about it is really appealing to those who have not played VNs before. Admittedly I downloaded it initially because I thought it'd be a laugh; to see how badly the creators would handle the topic of disabilities. Since then I have been educated and am now a huge fan of KS, and am trying to find more VNs to play!

So yes. I am in complete agreement with the topic of this thread. Fantastic game that exceeded all of my expectations. (I'm pretty much taking every opportunity I can get to praise this game...)
minin00b

Post by minin00b »

KS is the best visual novel game that i play so far...the character design and the storyline are awesome
I say 1+1=1000
Why no one trust me!!:(