what would happen if KS was animated

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

helmet boy

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by helmet boy »

Yay for political correctness. I guess you could always just change the name to the name of the school or some crap like that.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

The translation gadget I have installed in Firefox has several translations including "one wheel." Elsewhere I read that its official meaning is "incomplete."

As to what would happen: Emi would end up in a YouTube Poop set to "Kirby's Canyon" like Minorin.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

And im sure there would be more than one CCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLING IN MY SKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN vidya with Hanako
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

DuaneMoody wrote:The translation gadget I have installed in Firefox has several translations including "one wheel." Elsewhere I read that its official meaning is "incomplete."

As to what would happen: Emi would end up in a YouTube Poop set to "Kirby's Canyon" like Minorin.
I was thinking the same exact thing when I thought about if this gets animated.
helmet boy wrote:And im sure there would be more than one CCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLING IN MY SKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN vidya with Hanako
That's obligatory with every anime. Sometimes I think that some of these guys don't even like the combination, but just make an amv of it just for the sake of having it online.

I personally never like when VNs are made into anime adaptations. I mean, I still watch the anime if I really like the VN, but more than likely I'll feel ripped off when I see how trimmed the story is. Even though I know why it has to be trimmed down like that, it still bothers me a bit. I don't know the story you guys are making, but usually in VNs the animators seem to find the first girl you meet to be the "true" ending to stick with. Then they incorporate other paths into the anime as well, but at the same time the main character sticks with the "true" ending girl.

Of course, the chances of this getting animated...I guess it wouldn't be a problem for Simon, but I doubt the Devs can mess with probability like that.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

the easiest solution to the whole non linearity thing is to introduce a second male main character, one that doesnt hate women, and thus could pick up some of the romantic slack from hisao.
Painiac

Post by Painiac »

WASSHOI wrote:usually in VNs the animators seem to find the first girl you meet to be the "true" ending to stick with. Then they incorporate other paths into the anime as well, but at the same time the main character sticks with the "true" ending girl.
Accidentally, it wouldn't be Misha which was first met :lol:? Misha - "true ending" girl :lol:

||
||
\/
Ey, Iwanako do not count.
Last edited by Painiac on Fri May 29, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No time for love, Falcon Punch!
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

WASSHOI wrote: usually in VNs the animators seem to find the first girl you meet to be the "true" ending to stick with.
Iwanako ending CONFIRMED! :roll:
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

The first girl you meet though is shizune and misha though.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

WASSHOI wrote:
DuaneMoody wrote:As to what would happen: Emi would end up in a YouTube Poop set to "Kirby's Canyon" like Minorin.
I was thinking the same exact thing when I thought about if this gets animated.
DAILY DOSE
sifian

Post by sifian »

russianspy1234 wrote:the easiest solution to the whole non linearity thing is to introduce a second male main character, one that doesnt hate women, and thus could pick up some of the romantic slack from hisao.
Unlikely. First rule of any harem anime is that the main character is a borderline loser, and that he'll have a buddy who is an even bigger loser than he is.

I can't do a whole lot of comparisons, but I have both played and watched Kanon- and that worked because for each girl the romantic interaction happened at different times of day in the game- so mashing all of them together in the anime kind of worked, but it still lost a heap of details for one of the girls.

I'd probably be happier going with the approach Happiness took, where it was just one consistent narrative with one girl and everyone else was just side characters, rather than playing tag team with all the girls. But then again, this statement means little, since I have no idea how the Happiness eroge compared to the anime.
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

I think the most successful way to do a KS anime would be to take a page from the endings of the "Clue" and "Wolverine" movies - have a starter mini-arc that introduces all the characters (maybe covering up to "Lunch Evolution Theory" in Act 1, which is the big splitting point of the girl's arcs at this point) and then give each girl an arc, each time ending on a "But that's not what really happened... or was it?" kinda bit that keeps the "true" path up in the air.

Heck, you could pull a Haruhi and change the arc order - have the opening mini-arc, then the first episode of each girl's arc, then the second, etc. Then again, the only harem anime I can remember watching through are AIR and Love Hina, neither of which handle things in a way that would work for KS.

Post by Guest »

Free the Bee wrote:
Pimmy wrote:It'd be really kinda fun just HAVING Shizune, I think. The way she has to communicate is unique to anime (and hard on animators) so that could be a lot of fun.
This got me thinking... because I was sure I remembered an anime involving a deaf character from about five years ago. After some digging, here it is: Grrl Power, or Makasete Iruka. I only saw it once, years ago, but I remember it being cute as hell. It's a one-episode OVA about three girls who run a problem-solving business, and one of them is deaf. There was some talk at the time about it being the first anime to incorporate sign language... all the more admirable a feat when you consider the characters don't have any fingers.
Where can I find this? YouTube is failing me, and Google is giving me mostly crap.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I was thinking that if KS was animated the writers would have to choose an ending (or two) and go in that direction. In the process the girls that aren't going to have a happy ending have a different role to play in the story.

However as someone said what they did with the movie Clue might work but I wonder if each ending could be done in a group of 25 episodes.
Free the Bee

Post by Free the Bee »

Guest wrote:
Free the Bee wrote:
Pimmy wrote:It'd be really kinda fun just HAVING Shizune, I think. The way she has to communicate is unique to anime (and hard on animators) so that could be a lot of fun.
This got me thinking... because I was sure I remembered an anime involving a deaf character from about five years ago. After some digging, here it is: Grrl Power, or Makasete Iruka. I only saw it once, years ago, but I remember it being cute as hell. It's a one-episode OVA about three girls who run a problem-solving business, and one of them is deaf. There was some talk at the time about it being the first anime to incorporate sign language... all the more admirable a feat when you consider the characters don't have any fingers.
Where can I find this? YouTube is failing me, and Google is giving me mostly crap.
Not sure about other sources, but the DVD can be bought second-hand for next to nothing. Despite it being a one-episode deal, the DVD was a really nice little package, as I recall. Very good dub, too. Here's a review from what used to be AnimeonDVD. Apparently there was also a manga, but I haven't been able to find much out about this, sadly.
toast

Post by toast »

Yeah, you can worry about writing after you figure out how to get it produced. Although who knows, in Japan anything is possible.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed