Disturbing Questions about Yamaku

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: Disturbing Questions about Yamaku

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Denouement, if what Xanatos reposted is indeed something that Fyn sent him, then that provides strong evidence to support Fyn being a troll. By its very nature, a troll intends to cause people to lash out. I can imagine no reason why a good troll would lash out in return, for doing so only corrodes their effectiveness. Frankly, I would be picturing Fyn sitting at his desk cackling at others' outbursts while he thinks up another form of rage-bait, not taking anything anyone says to heart.

Of course, this is predicated upon the hypothesis that Fyn is indeed a troll. If not, perhaps thenmay one consider him highly controlled. Or, more likely, very ignorant.

Also, in regards to those supposed Disney movies, I have no idea what you're talking about. Were they straight to video things? Animated or Live Action? Perhaps you're thinking of similar things, such as Treasure Planet? Or maybe you had some weird ass dream and none of those movies ever really existed.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:he exercised a lot more control than you
I utilized controlled decision-making to determine the right moment to give up on him. I used controlled movements of my hand to type the text. I employed controlled use of my vocabulary to construct the posts. I exerted control over my immense irritation at his nonsense to insure the resulting posts expressed just the right amount of annoyance.

"[x] exercised more control than [y]" has always been an incredibly flawed sentiment of the English language.

@BlackWaltz: I watched Treasure Planet last night. It's still awful. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

OtakuNinja wrote:On the topic of conspiracies...

About 6 years ago, Disney made 3 movies based on classic literature; Treasure Island, The legend of Zorro and 20 000 leagues under the sea. I'm sure you've seen at least one of them.
I wanted to watch those movies today, but couldn't find a single trace that they were ever made. No information, no pictures, no videos. Google failed. Even Disney's official website couldn't help me. A few minutes ago I found a short previewfrom one of the movies, proof that I'm not insane. As one of the comments said; is this a conspiracy by the US government for some unknown reason? Discuss (and help me find those movies!).
Based on the quality of the animation, you are surely looking for something that was only televised.

Here's a possibility for the Zorro one: The Amazing Zorro. Apparently it aired on Nickelodeon, not Disney.

If that preview for 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is truly from what you remember, we get a starting date of at least 2001 for it. At the end of the clip, the girl says that it's over 130 years old, and the writing is dated 1870.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

If one is pedantic enough, you can pick apart inanely any sentence using semantics, especially in conversation. Exercising control "of what" should be obvious enough for you to know considering what I was saying prior to that statement, and I'm betting you do know so I'll just let this rest here.

And there is indeed the possibility he is a troll. I'm not really assuming one way or another because I can't exactly prove it to be one way or another.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:If one is pedantic enough, you can pick apart inanely any sentence using semantics, especially in conversation. Exercising control "of what" should be obvious enough for you to know considering what I was saying prior to that statement, and I'm betting you do know so I'll just let this rest here.

And there is indeed the possibility he is a troll. I'm not really assuming one way or another because I can't exactly prove it to be one way or another.
Of course I know. That doesn't make it any less flawed a sentiment.

And I think he pretty much proved it himself with the giant trollface.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Xanatos wrote:Of course I know. That doesn't make it any less flawed a sentiment.
I am so incredibly lost as to your point.
And I think he pretty much proved it himself with the giant trollface.
Eh, not necessarily.

At any rate, his posts don't really seem trollish to begin with. What trolls do is leave bait, and honestly everything he posted didn't seem like much of bait at all, which makes it all the more surprising that there was such a reaction.
atw_ah

Post by atw_ah »

griffon8 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:On the topic of conspiracies...

About 6 years ago, Disney made 3 movies based on classic literature; Treasure Island, The legend of Zorro and 20 000 leagues under the sea. I'm sure you've seen at least one of them.
I wanted to watch those movies today, but couldn't find a single trace that they were ever made. No information, no pictures, no videos. Google failed. Even Disney's official website couldn't help me. A few minutes ago I found a short previewfrom one of the movies, proof that I'm not insane. As one of the comments said; is this a conspiracy by the US government for some unknown reason? Discuss (and help me find those movies!).
Based on the quality of the animation, you are surely looking for something that was only televised.

Here's a possibility for the Zorro one: The Amazing Zorro. Apparently it aired on Nickelodeon, not Disney.

If that preview for 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is truly from what you remember, we get a starting date of at least 2001 for it. At the end of the clip, the girl says that it's over 130 years old, and the writing is dated 1870.
I'm rather interested in this, so I looked around on Wikipedia for every adaption of 20K Leagues. The one that stuck out most of all was one that aired in 2002 (close to griffon's guess) on Nickelodeon (as part of Nickelodeon Sunday Movie Toons), just like The Amazing Zorro.

Turns out that the company that made that version also released The Amazing Zorro, Treasure Island and all sorts of movies based on classic novels. The company in question is DIC (now Cookie Jar). So I looked further into that and found this.
I can't find anyone actual pictures of that movie but the summary is pretty spot on.
OtakuNinja wrote:I just remembered that the studio might also have made a movie about a timemachine.

A young man traveling to the future in search for his father. At one occasion he ends up in a modern parking house.
Most of the film is set in a desert in the future. He meets humans clad in brown, among them a platina-blonde girl named Leila(?). They live in an isolated city and seems to be very primitive.
One night the man follows 6 of the humans to a well in the desert. They perform some kind of ritual, and one of them (boy with red hair?) gets pulled through the sand by a species known as the twilightmen(?).
It ends with the boy finding his father in the t-men's dungeons, along with future-humans. Apparently the t-men use the humans' brain waves to create electricity.
The young man makes peace between the humans and the t-men, and returns to the past with his father.
They also released a time machine related movie as well
KS: Bloodline The story of Yaso Atoza, 24 years after the events in KS.
Nomad: A Hanako Tale Hanako's search for her own personal paradise, ten years after KS.

Around The World, Always Honorable

My pastebin
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

You guys are my heroes. :cry:

I had a feeling they might be a little older than 5 years and it turn out I was right. It's amazing how much my brain is able to remember, because I only watched each movie once. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
win746

Post by win746 »

Now that you guys mentioned it, I could've sworn I saw those Disney movies too, I'm a bit surprised now that I can't find any info on the Internet. There's also other films by Disney I watched, and hardly anything showed up. Is it that they made it on minor notice or marketing? :lol:

And I thought Treasure Planet was okay.......
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:And I thought Treasure Planet was okay.......
It really wasn't... :lol:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Treasure Planet has been mentioned, but unless I missed it nobody provided a link yet. You're welcome.
The Zorro and 20000 leagues films don't even rate a wikipedia article of their own. This is the closest I could find.

As for the discussion... I guess I should be glad I only came here when it was all over.
Considering how widely my viewpoints usually differ from Xanatos' I think it's saying a fair bit about the OP that I found myself agreeing with almost everything our resident (ex-)bat has been posting in this thread ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:The Zorro and 20000 leagues films don't even rate a wikipedia article of their own. This is the closest I could find.
I think the mystery is solved then. They were made by DIC, not Disney. There's even a Time Machine one on that list.

Yay for the power of the internet!
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Considering how widely my viewpoints usually differ from Xanatos' I think it's saying a fair bit about the OP that I found myself agreeing with almost everything our resident (ex-)bat has been posting in this thread ;-)
:P I'd be interested in hearing those different viewpoints.

Resident Ex-bat...:lol: I like it.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote: Resident Ex-bat...:lol: I like it.
Resident Ex-bat... Capcom made that, right?
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Resident Ex-bat...:lol: I like it.
Resident Ex-bat... Capcom made that, right?
Oh, fuuuuck Capcom. xD