You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Dream »

Torgh wrote:When you read the ks forums waiting between matches at a wrestling tournament ...
... As an spectator or fighter? Hopefully the latter :P
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Torgh

Post by Torgh »

Dream wrote:
Torgh wrote:When you read the ks forums waiting between matches at a wrestling tournament ...
I was competing lol. After my first match i got to thinking about emi's path out of the blue and hopped on the forums!
"Hey, wait. So, if I'm a rhino, you're a scorpion and he's an octopus, what's a Mysterio?"
Dream

Post by Dream »

Torgh wrote:I was competing lol. After my first match i got to thinking about emi's path out of the blue and hopped on the forums!
Damn that's pretty awesome. I don't really follow wrestling or similar fighting activities but from what i understand it takes quite a bit of effort (and fearlessness) to get up to the ring and all the risks it implies. Hope things went well on the match.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

When, while coming back from voting for the general election, you think "Why can't we have Shizune as Prime Minister???" (actually even Misha could be ok, we don't have great politicians here).
Torgh

Post by Torgh »

Dream wrote:
Torgh wrote:I was competing lol. After my first match i got to thinking about emi's path out of the blue and hopped on the forums!
Damn that's pretty awesome. I don't really follow wrestling or similar fighting activities but from what i understand it takes quite a bit of effort (and fearlessness) to get up to the ring and all the risks it implies. Hope things went well on the match.
Lol. Thanks. Won three, lost two. Learned some things and had fun, which i guess is tthe most important part. Now i get to sit around, beat up as i am, and play some KS and browse the forums. Totally worth it!
"Hey, wait. So, if I'm a rhino, you're a scorpion and he's an octopus, what's a Mysterio?"
Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa

Post by Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa »

Yep I also know I've played KS too much when I have the soundtrack on my cellphone. :3

BTW: Hanako is best girl with Lilly equal. :D
neio

Post by neio »

Torgh wrote:
Dream wrote:
I was competing lol. After my first match i got to thinking about emi's path out of the blue and hopped on the forums!
I used to wrestle. I've played other sports, but I have the highest respect for wrestlers. At least when I did it, it was the most taxing (not to mention least popular... "GAY!") sport I'd ever tried. It's rather unfortunate that wrestling has such a bad rap; it tends to be equated with either naked, greasy Ancient Greek style wrestling or with WWE. At least where I'm from, it also tends to attract the unintelligent crowd. Those who persevere through wrestling have my utmost respect. (As long as it's not WWE)
How did the tournament go? Was it round-robin within your weight class, or bracketed?
Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa wrote:Yep I also know I've played KS too much when I have the soundtrack on my cellphone. :3

This! Except I took out Spin because it doesn't fit well at all.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa

Post by Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa »

neio wrote:This! Except I took out Spin because it doesn't fit well at all.
I know it doesn't fit in either, but it makes a fantastic ringtone though. xD
Torgh

Post by Torgh »

neio wrote: I used to wrestle. I've played other sports, but I have the highest respect for wrestlers. At least when I did it, it was the most taxing (not to mention least popular... "GAY!") sport I'd ever tried. It's rather unfortunate that wrestling has such a bad rap; it tends to be equated with either naked, greasy Ancient Greek style wrestling or with WWE. At least where I'm from, it also tends to attract the unintelligent crowd. Those who persevere through wrestling have my utmost respect. (As long as it's not WWE)
How did the tournament go? Was it round-robin within your weight class, or bracketed?
Round robin, seeing as states were only a few weeks ago and only six guys showed up in my weight class. It went well, like I said before. Been working on my stand up recently, along with the head lever and just general defense against double/single legs, and managed to work those in nicely. Hell, I even got to wrestle a guy with one arm in my first match, made me think of rin except he was a ripped black dude lol, and he was one of the fastest guys I've ever stepped onto the mat with.

Yeah, wrestling tends to get shit on until somebody actually steps onto the mat and realizes that it is one of the single purest, and most grueling, forms of competition that exists. They say running is the oldest sport on the planet, but that's only the case if you can't wrestle; because once whatever you were running from caught you, you wrestled!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

And they want to take it off the Olympics. Cue mass raging.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
neio

Post by neio »

Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa wrote:
neio wrote:This! Except I took out Spin because it doesn't fit well at all.
I know it doesn't fit in either, but it makes a fantastic ringtone though. xD
Excellent idea!
(I like using ringtones that are "obscure." Not in a hipster way, but in the same way you'd wear a t-shirt of your favorite little-known webcomic writer. Passive conversation starting!)
Torgh wrote:
neio wrote:--Some stuff--
Round robin, seeing as states were only a few weeks ago and only six guys showed up in my weight class. It went well, like I said before. Been working on my stand up recently, along with the head lever and just general defense against double/single legs, and managed to work those in nicely. Hell, I even got to wrestle a guy with one arm in my first match, made me think of rin except he was a ripped black dude lol, and he was one of the fastest guys I've ever stepped onto the mat with.

Yeah, wrestling tends to get shit on until somebody actually steps onto the mat and realizes that it is one of the single purest, and most grueling, forms of competition that exists. They say running is the oldest sport on the planet, but that's only the case if you can't wrestle; because once whatever you were running from caught you, you wrestled!
*Cue wrestler mode*
I used to get my ass handed to me by people missing legs. (Edit: wow, that's really kind of relevant to KS... completely unintentional) It's what, 40 pounds of weight that goes into their upper body to get them in the same weight class?
Learn the sitting Peterson. It's a nice alternative to the stand up, and it's helped me get more than a few round-1 pins. Plus, the standing Peterson tends to help you once you've executed a stand-up. All in all one of my favorite moves. I always chose down or defer on the coin flip because it's such a good move. The only trouble is it takes a lot of stamina. One of my most memorable matches: Round 3, I'm on the bottom. Sit-out, Peterson, proceed to stalemate as I almost pin the guy for the rest of the match. After that all I could do was lie down on the floor. And drink Gatorade.

*Cue wrestling advocacy mode*
  • Wrestling is the only sport where you sprint with every muscle in your body
  • Wrestling is the only sport which makes extensive use of your neck muscles
  • Fight or flight, man. Wrestling predates the very concept of "sports."
YZQ wrote:And they want to take it off the Olympics. Cue mass raging.
Mass raging indeed. It's such an intricate, yet raw, sport.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

SwimmingInCloudland wrote:You've played too much KS when:

You set your wake-up alarm to Sarabande from the music box every morning, then punch your pillow because Lilly isn't there.
This ;___;
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Umber

Post by Umber »

Fiandra wrote:

You set your wake-up alarm to Sarabande from the music box every morning, then punch your pillow because Lilly isn't there.
This ;___;
Your avi. Are you Xan or something?
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
Fiandra wrote:

This ;___;
:lol: I gave him the avatar after I edited mine.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Umber wrote:
Fiandra wrote:

This ;___;
He's my waifu :lol:
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem