Disturbing Questions about Yamaku

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Selim Bradley

Re: Disturbing Questions about Yamaku

Post by Selim Bradley »

Fyn wrote:
If anything, it makes them do the opposite. Her parents died for her to live, so while she sees herself as a burden to society she will continue to live for their sakes.
Nice proverb but had you ever felt the pain of losing the one you love? I assure you, that proverb only works once one has gone over the hill. But Hanako has yet to finish her quest of getting over the pain
Seeing as though my life can be summed in two words, Male Hanako, yes I can.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:
Fyn wrote:
If anything, it makes them do the opposite. Her parents died for her to live, so while she sees herself as a burden to society she will continue to live for their sakes.
Nice proverb but had you ever felt the pain of losing the one you love? I assure you, that proverb only works once one has gone over the hill. But Hanako has yet to finish her quest of getting over the pain
Seeing as though my life can be summed in two words, Male Hanako, yes I can.
Awkward...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa

Post by Debiddo_Uorutaa_Kaa »

griffon8 wrote:As an example of how thinking too much about something can go horribly wrong, I give you: The Gilligan's Island Conspiracy—Revealed!
Kenji Setou is that you?

I swear that is something that he could have come up with. ("Out of the Loop" plays from KS soundtrack in background.)
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

No ones replying yet? Guess its my turn now, huh?
And she has something to live for, even without those two. Her parents died keeping her alive. To kill herself would be irredeemably selfish and make her kind of a shitty human being.
No its not. She lost her parents, got bullied and alienated. The girl in million dollar baby bit her own tongue and tried to bleed herself to death after just a few months of being bedridden. With so much burden of being worthless, im surprised shes still has her morality whole after 3 years.
The writer had no problem seeing Hanako in despair
Hanakos despair was just the Naruto Level of sadness. Real despair happens after Real Tragedy. And real despair is when you break the cutie. When a cutie is broken, Despair is just the first event. If the wound was so deep, a normal human will start to halucinate. Followed by permanent changes in attitude. Then he will start finding for an escape, failing to do so can result it delusion or suicide. Thats how mentally ill patients go
Seeing as though my life can be summed in two words, Male Hanako, yes I can
Awkward...
Depends on culture Xanatos. In America, shy dudes are hated as culture tends to associate them with cowardice. In Asia, silent dudes are are admired as it denotes humility and wisdom.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Fyn, Selim was saying he's a male Hanako because he's severly burned (and I infer that he also lost loved ones), not because he's shy or quiet.

Also, stop trying to justify pseudo-psychological tangents by referring to other fictional works. Each writer has their own way of writing such characters, and I'd bet very few of them are "psychologically sound". In any case, you would be surprised by what humans can achieve. You simply can't make such a sweeping generalisation about how people react to trauma. It's entirely possible for someone like Hanako to cope without suicidal efforts.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Sometimes sick equates reality. Thats just how it works.
But dont get me wrong, I understand that suspension of belief allows a person to enjoy stories
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fyn wrote:Depends on culture Xanatos. In America, shy dudes are hated as culture tends to associate them with cowardice. In Asia, silent dudes are are admired as it denotes humility and wisdom.
No it doesn't. You asking a guy who's effectively a real-life Hanako if he knows the pain of loss is still awkward, regardless of culture. Your statement has literally nothing at all to do with anything.

Loss does not generally corrupt morality. And none of that changes that she does have a reason to live anyway. Plus she isn't the girl in Million Dollar Baby so the comparison is useless.

Great job enlightening us all on exactly how despair always works in everyone all the time. Meanwhile, in reality:

- It's not your call to decide despair isn't 'real' enough. Hanako's is very clearly real.

- Despair is not dependent upon tragedy or "breaking the cutie".

- Despair does not regularly cause hallucinations.

- Despair is not at all guaranteed to cause permanent attitude changes, delusion, or suicide.

Are you serious? Just like the Cracked article, try again with more convincing total bullshit.

I'm trying to stay relatively pleasant here but my god, your nonsense is infuriating.
Last edited by Xanatos on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Hate to break it to you, but can you provide links for your claims?
Im an internet nerd who has studied human mentality through scientific findings (im not an expert,mind you). If you will say that it doesnt work out that way, then I must know where your sources came from :(

EDIT:
Ill check back later, Duty calls
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fyn wrote:Im an internet nerd who has studied human mentality through scientific findings
With all due respect, you're the guy who linked a CRACKED ARTICLE and called it proof because it contained a SECONDHAND account of ONE experiment. I don't believe for a second you have any significant scientific evidence of any of this.

Hell, go read through HBHC. That thread is riddled with tales of despair and little if any permanent attitude shifts, hallucinations, delusions, or suicide. Much of it isn't even necessarily caused by tragedy and there's pretty much no cuties there to be broken in the first place.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Xanatos is disputing claims that you have made, no? Ergo, the burden of proof lies on you to provide an accredited source stating that despair comes from breaking the cutie etc. Also, "internet nerd who has studied human mentality through scientific findings" is not a valid source. If I may borrow a common internet idiom, University accreditation/peer-reviewed source or GTFO. Also this is increasingly straying away from Katawa Shoujo, and thus is becoming off topic.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Fyn, Selim was saying he's a male Hanako because he's severly burned (and I infer that he also lost loved ones), not because he's shy or quiet.

Also, stop trying to justify pseudo-psychological tangents by referring to other fictional works. Each writer has their own way of writing such characters, and I'd bet very few of them are "psychologically sound". In any case, you would be surprised by what humans can achieve. You simply can't make such a sweeping generalisation about how people react to trauma. It's entirely possible for someone like Hanako to cope without suicidal efforts.
I meant I am in both senses, which is what led me to playing KS and coming to this forum. Regardless, being at the school I am, I agree with you on the incredible resiliance of the human will.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote: Also this is increasingly straying away from Katawa Shoujo, and thus is becoming off topic.
I agree. let us stay relevent to the forum we are on. Perhaps continue by private messages.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:the incredible resiliance of the human will.
Matched by the incredibly capacity for human wretchedness. An equal and opposite reaction...One useful thing school actually taught me. :lol:
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:the incredible resiliance of the human will.
Matched by the incredibly capacity for human wretchedness. An equal and opposite reaction...One useful thing school actually taught me. :lol:
Toushe.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Hell, go read through HBHC
I searched for "HBHC" I got links for "Healthy Babies Healthy Children" and "Howard Brown Health Center". Would you mind giving a DL link?
the burden of proof lies on you to provide an accredited source stating that despair comes from breaking the cutie etc
Thats easy: Here are the list of Defense Mechanism. Heres another one
Here are the effects of loneliness and why Hanako's life is in danger
Here is the article that I never read. Because its too informative
Also this is increasingly straying away from Katawa Shoujo, and thus is becoming off topic
Agreed, but dont you find it interesting? Debates are fun.
Last edited by Fyn on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.