Here, I drew a Hanako

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
EzeCoyote

Here, I drew a Hanako

Post by EzeCoyote »

Shit, how the fuck do I do hands

Quite huge. Yes.

PROBLEMS:
  • Awful hands - still learning
  • Awful coloring - still learning. Shading could be a lot better. I'm currently stuck in a world of cartoo- WAIT A MINUTE THIS IS A CARTOON IS ALL K THEN
  • Hardly any shading around the skirt - this is because I messed up the PS layers and just decided not to bother with it after working on it for several hours already
WELL I HOPE YOU LIKE IT
KTHX
Here's a tumblr if you're into that sort of thing

Last edited by EzeCoyote on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandaphil

Re: Here, I drew a Hanako

Post by pandaphil »

Keep it up, you'll get better.

Her eye and expression are really sweet.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

need a few adjustments
like the neck is too long
keep practicing :D
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I think it's very nice. It could use some work here and there; the neck is a bit long, and she looks very cartoony, but I like the originality in your way of drawing. You could just use a bit of practice with drawing the human anatomy, but other than that, I like it :)
Dream

Post by Dream »

You could probably benefit a lot from improving observation skills. Anatomy, i think, would be rather secondary to learning how forms and values work.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

KeiichiO wrote:I think it's very nice. It could use some work here and there; the neck is a bit long, and she looks very cartoony, but I like the originality in your way of drawing. You could just use a bit of practice with drawing the human anatomy, but other than that, I like it :)
To be fair, the game artwork is cartoony as well. :v
As for the neck, it isn't too long. The game artwork has longer collars, though, which would give that illusion because I drew it too short here.
Dream wrote:You could probably benefit a lot from improving observation skills. Anatomy, i think, would be rather secondary to learning how forms and values work.
Really not sure what to make of this?
Dream

Post by Dream »

EzeCoyote wrote:
Dream wrote:You could probably benefit a lot from improving observation skills. Anatomy, i think, would be rather secondary to learning how forms and values work.
Observation: Try to observe the subject and take attention for all the elements and aspect that make the subject the subject. What makes Hanako look like Hanako? And is my anatomy/positioning right? Is the value really like that? That sort of stuff.

Form is a way of saying you should think in 3D rather than 2D when it comes to drawing so that you can make a better illustration, always try to keep the three-dimensional form in mind as you draw. Light and values are closely tied to this, as well.

Anatomy, i don't think i need to elaborate on since the term is pretty self-explanatory.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

Dream wrote:
EzeCoyote wrote:
Observation: Try to observe the subject and take attention for all the elements and aspect that make the subject the subject. What makes Hanako look like Hanako? And is my anatomy/positioning right? Is the value really like that? That sort of stuff.

Form is a way of saying you should think in 3D rather than 2D when it comes to drawing so that you can make a better illustration, always try to keep the three-dimensional form in mind as you draw. Light and values are closely tied to this, as well.

Anatomy, i don't think i need to elaborate on since the term is pretty self-explanatory.
Ah. I dunno about observation. What makes Hanako look like Hanako is... well, pretty much everything I got down. Hair's a bit floofy and I was going to change that but I just left it. I know how to make it look better if I was to draw her again. Her colors are from close inspection of the gamesprites, so the colorscheme shouldn't be off.

I've really never thought about the whole "think in 3D" aspect. I do the skeletons and base shapes before I move on to sketching and coloring, and I draw out a circle with arrows pointing out the lightsource, but yeah. Good idea!

And yeah, anatomy. I get problems from the waist down, as well as hands. I've gotten gradually better at hands in the past couple of weeks though, so progress is being made.

Thank you!