A few simple sketches

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Dream

Re: A few simple sketches

Post by Dream »

Even with your fix she still feels a bit busty, i don't know if i would reduce them a little more.

And yeah, as a practicing illustrator, giant/absurd breasts are something between "lolwhut" and "eww". Particularly when the big breasts really don't fit their frames (which is 85% of the time actually)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote: I was just joking around, though I like busty women :P

And I totally get what you're saying. School girls especially should definitely not have such huge breasts. It's sexy and all, but it also feels incredibly and utterly wrong. I'm getting a bit old to be goggling over 14-year-old cartoon characters. I'm talking to you Yoko Littner!!
Sorry about that. I get way too serious when I'm around here. :oops:

And don't feel too bad. I used to have a Waifu crush of Hotaru Tomoe, and she was what, 12 in Sailor Moon S? I guess I was just practicing for Hanako. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Another quick one.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako. IS. LOOKING. GOOD.

On the first set, Lily's eyes looked slightly off. Emi and Hanako looks good enough.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:Hanako. IS. LOOKING. GOOD.

On the first set, Lily's eyes looked slightly off. Emi and Hanako looks good enough.
I need to sit down and redo those. Its been several years since I've tried to draw people.

Anyway, here's a corrected version of the latest pic. I forgot something very important. :)

Umber

Post by Umber »

I found the treasure trove! Oh God, all the feels --

HNNNNG.

Panda, I love you.

...And Yuuko's proportions. Loving Hanako's ratio of her cuteness to how many feels I have, too.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Nice crosshatching on the latest picture, really clever.

I think adding a bit more shading (remember to choose a light source and keep it in mind once you start) and giving it a bit more rythm/character (feel free to ask me to elaborate if you don't understand what that means, it's kind of an odd concept) would increase the drawing's appeal by leaps and bounds.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Dream wrote:Nice crosshatching on the latest picture, really clever.

I think adding a bit more shading (remember to choose a light source and keep it in mind once you start) and giving it a bit more rythm/character (feel free to ask me to elaborate if you don't understand what that means, it's kind of an odd concept) would increase the drawing's appeal by leaps and bounds.
You're right of course, sorry. I'm more a graphic design person than I am a cartoonist. :(
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

The latest one is really nice, I like that it's a bit more stylish than your first. I think that handwritten text would have been better, though!
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

muliebrity wrote:The latest one is really nice, I like that it's a bit more stylish than your first. I think that handwritten text would have been better, though!
After readign all these coments, I have the urge to just redo it.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Definitely play with the design a bit more, different poses and all, you've got a good concept here.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guess I'd better add this to the collection.
Attachments
kissing.jpg
kissing.jpg (556.02 KiB) Viewed 5647 times
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

At this angle, believe it or not, I think it would look more natural if the overlap of their lips were less exaggerated. The angle of Hisao's face implies that Hanako is facing slightly away from the viewer.

You could benefit from making more confident, flourished strokes. Hisao's hair, for example, is a bit too blocky.

Don't cop out on the hands. You'll be able to draw hands freehand eventually, but you're not there yet. Use your own as reference and observe carefully. You don't get better without life drawing.

I hope you don't mind blunt critique, I'm assuming it's considered helpful rather than dickish.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

muliebrity wrote:At this angle, believe it or not, I think it would look more natural if the overlap of their lips were less exaggerated. The angle of Hisao's face implies that Hanako is facing slightly away from the viewer.

You could benefit from making more confident, flourished strokes. Hisao's hair, for example, is a bit too blocky.

Don't cop out on the hands. You'll be able to draw hands freehand eventually, but you're not there yet. Use your own as reference and observe carefully. You don't get better without life drawing.

I hope you don't mind blunt critique, I'm assuming it's considered helpful rather than dickish.
Oh no, I appreciate your comments, and you come off as a person who really sounds like they want to help.

I know I'm not very good at this, but I definately appreciate hearing what my weak points are.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

I just like them all very much, can't say anything else but!

Dat Yuuko!!!
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/