A team of desperate Poles

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: A team of desperate Poles

Post by pandaphil »

Sedinus wrote:God damn, it was a painful birth, but I have finally managed to set up a website and a forum for our project. Oh, and our team goes by the name of "Polish Route" now. At first glance these may look like copies of the official website and this forum, respectively... because they are. Hope you guys won't sue me because of this, I just like the color scheme an awful lot. To all the pros out there - if you can, please save your scolding for later, this is the best I could do with my somewhat... limited, because I don't want to say nonexistent, HTML/CSS experience. So yeah. Image

The IRC will be experiencing a Polish Storm around 8 p.m (CET) on 23rd of February, please arm yourself

Good luck to you guys!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

I dont understand why you kept on insulting your own country. :?
Poland isnt a big place but its not a place to be ashamed of
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Nice! Expecting finished translation in 3...2...1...
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

Fyn wrote:I dont understand why you kept on insulting your own country. :?
We were dumb enough to let our entire government die in a plane crash. It happend nearly three years ago and people still spew out nonsense about conspiracies, bomb attacks, gundowns and such, they can't just accept the fact that it was simply a really unfortunate accident.

I believe that this alone is enough of a reason for us to be ashamed.

Carighan wrote:Nice! Expecting finished translation in 3...2...1...
GAME OVER, INSERT COIN TO PLAY AGAIN

Edit: yay, it seems that our ClustrMap stopped working for no reason whatsoever :s
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Sedinus wrote:
Fyn wrote:I dont understand why you kept on insulting your own country. :?
We were dumb enough to let our entire government die in a plane crash. It happend nearly three years ago and people still spew out nonsense about conspiracies, bomb attacks, gundowns and such, they can't just accept the fact that it was simply a really unfortunate accident.

I believe that this alone is enough of a reason for us to be ashamed.
There are stupid people everywhere though. The September 11th attacks people are STILL saying was the government's doing/an inside job. So something like that does not surprise me :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

Does it get constant media coverage since September 11th? (If it does however... Then I know your pain)

Because our accident does. Every. Signle. Fucking. Day.

They came up with artificial fog, magnets dragging the plane down... Fun times. Some say that the tree which caused the crash was planted by Stalin himself, others believe that Putin pointed his finger at the aircraft and said "bang".

They're creative, let me tell you that :D
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Sedinus wrote:Does it get constant media coverage since September 11th? (If it does however... Then I know your pain)

They came up with artificial fog, magnets dragging the plane down... Fun times. Some say that the tree which caused the crash was planted by Stalin himself, others believe that Putin pointed his finger at the aircraft and said "bang".

Guess it's a hard way to learn the lesson: Never let major political figures travel together.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Sedinus wrote:Does it get constant media coverage since September 11th? (If it does however... Then I know your pain)

It still does at times. ELEVEN (twelve this year) YEARS AFTER THE FACT. It gets annoying, but then again I don't watch the news anymore.
Artificial fog -Instruments in the plane work through that.
Magnets- There isn't one big enough on the planet that can yank a car moving at speed, let alone a plane.
The tree, oookaaay. The Putin one:
Image (in other words: I'm giggling at that)

I'd make a joke about Rammstein playing "Dalai Llama" on that day, but it'd be in bad taste XD
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Alucard would indeed have loled as well. Cheers.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

I'd make a joke about Rammstein playing "Dalai Llama" on that day, but it'd be in bad taste XD
"Der Mensch Pole gehört nicht in die Luft". Loose translation: Poland cannot into space, or in this case - air.

It all makes sense now! :D
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

And I see another Paradox fan in these forums.

Edit: realised that the meme came before Paradox's mention. But, wt heck.
Last edited by YZQ on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Sedinus wrote:
"Der Mensch Pole gehört nicht in die Luft". Loose translation: Poland cannot into space, or in this case - air.

It all makes sense now! :D
Well I was actually making the joke that the song "Dalai Llama" was originally titled "Flugangst” (“fear of flying”, literally “flight fright”). It's about being on a plane that is going through the stages of crashing but yours works too XD
I also draw, kind of.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

This is cool and all, but...

Wouldn't this have been better suited for a fat PM to the devs? I mean, garnering support is cool and all, but it is not going to count for much if they give you guys the "NOPE" stamp. Granted, I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

There was a suggestion to bug the devs on IRC, and this is exactly what we are going to do tomorrow.

As for the PM - I believe it's more convienient for both sides the way we've done it. Would you rather see 9 people post a message in a single thread, or read 9 (or more) separate private messages? ;)
ApocalypseAli

Post by ApocalypseAli »

I'm definitely behind more people reading KS and it would be fantastic if that included people from non-English speaking countries.
Good luck with the project, I'm looking forward to the finished product. :)