Miki Route (updated 7/17)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Fergard Stratoavis

Re: Miki Route (updated 7/17)

Post by Fergard Stratoavis »

Since I'm writing my own fanfic too, I thought it might be a good idea to post it here, especially that most works from FF.net are here anyway.

Then I read several of fics here and for some reason, I sort of decided it might be not the wisest thing I've ever done. This is one of the fics that was read and that made me question my rather doubtful writing.

Well, what can I say? I liked this. You can never have enough secondary characters, especially if fanon gave them such a powerful personality. All Mikis so far I've seen are brash, confident, tend to use "gaylord" every now and then and basically are loads of fun. That being said, I'm a little doubtful whether that kiss means anything real. For some reason, I can't imagine her as someone who jumps into things like that so quickly.
Then again, I've no idea how to write stuff myself, so, well... I enjoyed the read so far. :) I can only hope it will be updated soon.

P.S. Oh, by the way, my first post in here. ^_^ Hope we can get along and that my English won't be too "engrishy".
I shall be known as, uh... "That Guy Who Was Known By People".
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Your English is fine, Fergard.

Go ahead and post your writing. We're nice to new writers, as long as they can take criticism. Ask for an editor if you need one, though your grasp of English grammar seems good from just this post. The only way to become a writer is to write. There are thousands, perhaps millions, of people who think they have that great novel in them, but the world will never see it because they never take the first step of just writing something. Everybody was a new writer at some point. I've only written two multi-chapter fics and two one-shots, but I saw an increase in quality as I continued.

So don't be intimidated by the quality you're finding here. WRITE!

EDIT: Oh, I see you did go ahead and post. And Mirage commented on it. See? It works.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Has the author for this given up on this fanfic? Or is he just "brainstorming"?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
OMGnara

Post by OMGnara »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Has the author for this given up on this fanfic? Or is he just "brainstorming"?
Nope, he' or she just has a busy life.
Lily>Hanako>Emi>Shizune>Rin

I also really like Miki and Suzu.
Doloni

Post by Doloni »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Has the author for this given up on this fanfic? Or is he just "brainstorming"?
Apparently he hasn't given up, he even wrote a Miki one-short after his last released chapter in this thread (which is awesome, check it out http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7021).

Some information for those who keep asking (at the time of writing this):
  1. Last visit from the author: Last visited:Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 pm
    Last post in this forums: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am
That being said, we'd love to hear from the autor himself if he is indeed still around. This story is too good to die, and the one-shot is even better (at least in my humble opinion. Heh, Deux Ex / Ghost in the Shell universe with Miki a badass ninja 'n shit? Beautiful.)
centurion911

Post by centurion911 »

Damn it, why did I read this?

Now I want to know more :(
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I have a confession to make: I am a bad writer.

I don’t mean that I believe the things I write are bad or done ineptly; I mean that I am bad at the process of writing itself.

This 'route' project was something that was meant to challenge me, and challenge me it has. I'll admit that I've spent very little time since the last update actually writing, despite having laid down a lot of the groundwork for the different acts. I only have a fraction of 2-1 written.

As an excuse, I've used lots real-life factors getting in the way and taking up time. I work 40 hours a week, I co-own a small international business on top of that, I had and then lost a girlfriend… The list goes on
And then there was the most widely-abused excuse of them all, ‘writer’s block.’

But at the end of the day, even though all those things (realistically) did eat up a lot of my time, I still could have sat down now and then to sort out the conceptual issues that were keeping me from moving forward with this story.
The pressure of letting friends and readers down is becoming too much and has started to win out.

Every time someone pokes me to see how the story is going, I'd be lying if I said I don't feel a pang of guilt. Seeing this thread get bumped when a new reader finds the story and stops to take a moment to share that they actually enjoyed my writing...it's humbling.

I'm not fishing for compliments or words of encouragement. I don't get some kind of ego-stroking satisfaction out of reading compliments, so don't take it that way.
I wrote the story because I felt like it was something that needed to be done, and now I feel like things are falling into place that the time has come for me to try again.
Vekter

Post by Vekter »

I'm not gonna lie, Meadows, I thought you'd died and gone to writer Valhalla.

Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about your lady. Shit sucks. Can't wait to see how you're gonna continue this.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Meadows wrote: things are falling into place that the time has come for me to try again.

good to see you're back in action, Meadows.

mmmiiiikkkiiiiii
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Everyone loves you Meadows, don't sweat it. We've all had those times in our life where we just can't do something even if we want to.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Suox

Post by Suox »

Last edited by Suox on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
centurion911

Post by centurion911 »

I don't want you to think my reply was meant to induce feelings of guilt.

As a fellow writer, I have nothing but support for whatever the heck you want to do with your time. You'll find no ill will here, and if you want to continue then, I'm sure, everyone here will happily and patiently wait for you.

Good to see this will continue though. The more I read about Miki from the Pseudo Suzu, Miki, and Saki routes, the more I like her.
CaptainFalcon

Post by CaptainFalcon »

THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION! -cue the celebration music-
It's wonderful to have you back, I was beginning to think writing a Miki route carried some kind of curse with it, now that DaGarver has announced deadfic for his Miki route (R.I.P)
I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future
Panthour

Post by Panthour »

Meadows is alive!

If you want I can continue my esteemed position as proofreader/spellchecker/condescending helper, I have a lot more free time on my hands nowadays.

Nevertheless I shall continue to support your writing endeavors!
S-Class Wizard. Emi is my waifu.
OMGnara

Post by OMGnara »

All hail Meadows, our lord and savior!

Welcome back. Your loyal readers would never adbandon you or your amazing works, we'd painfully waits years for the next chapter. (But please don't make us wait that long. ; _ ; )
Lily>Hanako>Emi>Shizune>Rin

I also really like Miki and Suzu.