Blindness

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FoxtrotZero

Re: Blindness

Post by FoxtrotZero »

OtakuNinja wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
pandaphil wrote:What's always struck me as odd was how in movies, tv shows, and even VN's, blind women as always portrayed as these ethereal, almost angellic creatures. Never quite understood that. Lilly's a prime example.
For example: Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender. (Yes, it's a Nickelodeon cartoon and it's one of my favorites so shut up! :P) She's blind, but she's nothing like how you described. She's kind of a bad ass. She's also virtually the opposite of Lilly. She's very rude and doesn't really act like a lady and is more of a tomboy.
This. :lol:
Xanatos wrote:Avatar's awesome...Both movies sucked. :lol: Sequel series is good too.
Both? I've only heard of one movie and it was, as you said, a failure.:?
I think he meant the one actually related to the series, as well as the Pocahontas remake with blue aliens.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

after eyes surgery, blind people can cry right?
by "blind people" i mean really blind like the case people can't you guys mention
i need some info, working on Lilly's artwork right now
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

ReCodes wrote:after eyes surgery, blind people can cry right?
by "blind people" i mean really blind like the case people can't you guys mention
I... thought we went over this.

Being blind doesn't stop you from crying. Blindness comes from a problem with a part of the eye, the brain, or the nerves connecting them. The tear duct is unrelated.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
I... thought we went over this.

Being blind doesn't stop you from crying. Blindness comes from a problem with a part of the eye, the brain, or the nerves connecting them. The tear duct is unrelated.
@ReCodes:sight, or lack there of does not constitute lack of tears.....

I know someone personally who has been blind since birth, she never seen herself as "broken" so I doubt she would ever seek a cure or desire to be "fixed" in the eyes of people like all of ourselves who to some degree can reed this on our own screens.

Good great or low vision, if you can see light, you know we, the sighted, we seek "more". More definition, more color, more brightness, more clarity. we craft lenses, and look for pills or supplements and even take precautions to retain, regain, or maintain our sightedness.

My friend never had sight, so she never looked for means to attain it. In fact, I would argue because of blindness, or rather the after affect of any sort of long term sensory deprivation, AKA neuro-plasticity, her hearing is BETTER than what we who see have in our sight. she has a very keen sense of hearing and can move her way around the room without a cane or feeling around all based on clicking of her tongue and utilizing her acute hearing, but I digress.

She was born blind and though I hated seeing it, she can indeed cry,cups if tears... buckets even. >.>
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

the tears thing makes sense if you think about it. Without tearducts a persons eyes would dry up. Which at the very least would be painful and itchy.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Also, there's scenes in KS where Lilly cries. So, yeah. Doesn't prove that blind people can cry, (Which I'm almost 100% certain they can unless they had their tear ducts stabbed in some freak accident), But it proves that Lilly can cry.

Edit: Also, if we're still talking about ATLA, I think Zuko would make a good friend for Hanako. They both have horrible scars that constantly remind them of their pasts. Although, Zuko's loud, angry personality would probably be a turn off to Hanako...
Last edited by KeiichiO on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:the tears thing makes sense if you think about it. Without tearducts a persons eyes would dry up. Which at the very least would be painful and itchy.
I'd imagine they'd get an eye dropper in that case.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:the tears thing makes sense if you think about it. Without tearducts a persons eyes would dry up. Which at the very least would be painful and itchy.
I'd imagine they'd get an eye dropper in that case.
They'll probably HAVE to. Dry eyes is no joking matter.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

And that would suck. Having to stop every few minutes to put in drops. :p
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:And that would suck. Having to stop every few minutes to put in drops. :p
If I had to do that, I'd hire Ben Stein to remind me.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
sharkray8

Post by sharkray8 »

I have actually gone blind once. I had Optic Neuritis a couple years ago it was a life changing experience, it made me become cautious and paranoid I had somebody guiding me when i needed to move and it heightened all my other senses.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

KeiichiO wrote:Edit: Also, if we're still talking about ATLA, I think Zuko would make a good friend for Hanako.
No... not at all.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Edit: Also, if we're still talking about ATLA, I think Zuko would make a good friend for Hanako.
No... not at all.
Why not?
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:
No... not at all.
Why not?
While I admittedly didn't finish watching the series, and one of these days I'll have to do that, I recall Zuuko being loud, easily angered, and generally displeasant.
Now, I could certainly see Hanako get along with his Uncle whose name I cannot remember.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:While I admittedly didn't finish watching the series, and one of these days I'll have to do that, I recall Zuuko being loud, easily angered, and generally displeasant.
Now, I could certainly see Hanako get along with his Uncle whose name I cannot remember.
Iroh. Also the name of Zuko's grandson. :lol: And Zuko gets better once he switches sides.