The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FoxtrotZero

Re: Just finished Emi's route yesterday.

Post by FoxtrotZero »

YZQ wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Congrats HLGS. You encountered Xan for the first time and didn't run screaming into the night. You pass. :)
He's not that scary. Now, his pic of Jigoro in a suit and looking all serious: THAT is scary.
I'm more likely to find it infuriating, but that's because I hate Jigoro very, very thoroughly.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

pandaphil wrote:Congrats HLGU. You encountered Xan for the first time and didn't run screaming into the night. You pass. :)

But as has already been said, welcome to the Feels. We all fall in love with our first KS girl. Perfectly normal. Once you've recovered, try out the other girls as well. They'll warm/break your heart just as much as Emi.

After that, its fanfic time. :)

yes, I'll do that :) but Emi's just plain adorableness I don'tthinkicanevenrecoveeeerrr

by the way thanks for welcoming:D
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

FoxtrotZero wrote:I'm more likely to find it infuriating, but that's because I hate Jigoro very, very thoroughly.
From him, I can see where Shizune got her hard-headness from. Basically, father-and-daughter wants to bend each other's will.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

YZQ wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:I'm more likely to find it infuriating, but that's because I hate Jigoro very, very thoroughly.
From him, I can see where Shizune got her hard-headness from. Basically, father-and-daughter wants to bend each other's will.
I suppose so. I'm honestly not interested in speculating about someone I find to be an irrational jerk.

And pandaphil is right. Once you've finished the game proper, fanfic is the way to be. I've been meaning to add a list of favourites to my signature, but alas I'm not at home and my attempt to take my Firefox setup with me failed this time around. I seriously hate using other people's computers.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
YZQ wrote:
I suppose so. I'm honestly not interested in speculating about someone I find to be an irrational jerk.

And pandaphil is right. Once you've finished the game proper, fanfic is the way to be. I've been meaning to add a list of favourites to my signature, but alas I'm not at home and my attempt to take my Firefox setup with me failed this time around. I seriously hate using other people's computers.
I remember reading a fanfic (could be Weekend at Hisao's) where Shizune speculates that her father is trying to ensure that she fits into society, as dictated by Japanese norms (where the out-of-place gets hammered into place). In the fic, once Shizune proved that she could do just that using her way (finishing U, getting married to Hisao), Jigoro basically eased up. The fellow even learnt sign language, along with Hideaki.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
YZQ

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by YZQ »

HLGU wrote:
YZQ wrote:Emi's a cool friend to have along. It's when you want to reach the "lover" stage that things get complicated.

yes I am aware of that, and I would endure and go through the stage where things get complicated, for Emi.
For Emi it's worth it.
For me, it'll be a can of beer in hand, going ,"Yo girl. I don't know what's bugging ya. But, stay frosty. When ya ready to share, let me know. If not, cheers."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Weekend at Hisao's
If it isn't a Weekend At Bernie's parody, it isn't worth reading.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
What's "Weekend at Bernie's"? Related to Sesame Street?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
What's "Weekend at Bernie's"? Related to Sesame Street?
...Are you serious? It's...Kind of a staple of movies. :lol:

Summary:

Insurance agents work for Bernie.

Bernie commits insurance fraud. Agents discover the fraud but not his involvement.

Bernie puts a hit on agents. Hitman betrays and kills Bernie.

Agents stick sunglasses on Bernie and go lugging the body around on an adventure trying to keep everyone thinking he's alive.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Lord knows how long it's been since I stepped into a movie theatre.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Lord knows how long it's been since I stepped into a movie theatre.
Since 1989? :lol: You don't need theaters to watch movies anyway. :P
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

YZQ wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:
YZQ wrote: I suppose so. I'm honestly not interested in speculating about someone I find to be an irrational jerk.

I remember reading a fanfic (could be Weekend at Hisao's) where Shizune speculates that her father is trying to ensure that she fits into society, as dictated by Japanese norms (where the out-of-place gets hammered into place). In the fic, once Shizune proved that she could do just that using her way (finishing U, getting married to Hisao), Jigoro basically eased up. The fellow even learnt sign language, along with Hideaki.
I'll have to add that to my reading list. I admittedly liked him a bit in a Shizune x Misha story (alas, I cannot remember the name) wherein, while still being sort of a rough-edged jerk, showed that he wasn't completely inflexible and incompassionate.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Lord knows how long it's been since I stepped into a movie theatre.
Since 1989? :lol: You don't need theaters to watch movies anyway. :P
That is true. Maybe I'll recommend it to my bro, who is watching shows left, right and centre, when he's not working.

BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

So I'm pretty new to visual novels as a whole, I have only played kira kira(%100) and emi and lilly's routes for KS.

I took some time looking around the forums and I found on the FaQ that this was the thread for feels, and o god, all these feels, I can't hold them.

That being said there is somewhat of a point to my post. Since I'm new to visual novels I don't really know if this happens but are any of the ("good") endings for characters sad? I know they all have sad parts in them, but if one ended sad I don't think I could take it.

Also, not asking for actual spoilers or anything, I just really don't want to go through a whole story thinking "it's all gonna be ok, it's all gonna be ok" and then everything not actually turn out ok. I wouldn't expect any to end like that, but like I said I'm pretty new to this visual novel thing, and I don't wanna get blindsided.
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

BananaPudding wrote:That being said there is somewhat of a point to my post. Since I'm new to visual novels I don't really know if this happens but are any of the ("good") endings for characters sad? I know they all have sad parts in them, but if one ended sad I don't think I could take it.

Also, not asking for actual spoilers or anything, I just really don't want to go through a whole story thinking "it's all gonna be ok, it's all gonna be ok" and then everything not actually turn out ok. I wouldn't expect any to end like that, but like I said I'm pretty new to this visual novel thing, and I don't wanna get blindsided.
First off, welcome to the forums.
Second: "Sad" is a relative term when it comes to the Good endings. No, they aren't sad in the fact that you feel sad about how it went, but more like you feel sad that it's over.
If anything the Bad/Neutral endings are more sad.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.