Emi Ibarazaki's past encounters...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tang

Re: Emi Ibarazaki's past encounters...

Post by Tang »

Xanatos wrote:
Tang wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Where was this implied at all?
Sorry, I meant "hinted", just in the scene originally posted here.
I wonder if TheHiveMind is just screwing with us... in hindsight, it's possible that that's why Misha is so obsessed with Emi's PDAs. :wink:
...Okay. So where was it hinted at? Incomplete fragments of a scene answer nothing. I see no hints in the pieces posted here.
I suppose I should stop being lazy... I did a lot of reading between the lines. This is my last chance to redeem my reasoning skills, so I will try to outline my thought processes without skipping anything.

First, some more generally-agreed-upon statements to start with:
1. Misha is lesbian, and she implies that she has had sex with a girl before in her special scene.
2. Emi brings up Misha's "reasons" for being around Shizune
3. Emi says "If I didn't know why..." and then "No idea".

It was fairly likely she'd had a small slip of the tongue bringing up Misha, and didn't want to discuss her lesbianism before recreationally procreating with Hisao.

In the same way that many people assume Kenji and Yuuko got it on, I thought that Emi could have been directly "involved" when she discovered Misha's sexuality, particularly since she's so adventurous. Like the aforementioned theory, it's just a guess (but one that could also spawn some "fanart" :P ).

Of course, the other possibility is that Emi wanted to trim the fat out of this "pre-marathon stretching", and just get to the running. I get it if you disagree and think it's just Emi being gossipy.
Last edited by Tang on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

3. Emi says "If I didn't know why..." and then "No idea". It was evident she'd had a small slip of the tongue bringing up Misha, and didn't want to discuss her lesbianism before recreationally procreating with Hisao.
So why the scenario of Emi (who has shown no interest in girls at any point in the story) having bedded Misha considered more likely than the scenario of Misha's haircut and the reason behind it being thrown around Yamaku's rumor mill and lots of students picking up on it? Really, I might be more inclined to accepting your theory if the alternative wasn't a whole lot more likely.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Tang

Post by Tang »

pandaphil wrote:As for Lilly, I can see her getting love letters and causing crushes from other girls at the school. Doesn't mean she'd accept any of them.
Oh no... I can't imagine this...

Lilly: "Hanako, what's that on the table? Did the beloved student council president drop off more papers for me?"
Hanako: "I-I-it's a... another letter. F-from your lovers."
Hanako cast her gaze downward, her judgment clouded by shame and self-pity at having to read another letter, written for someone else.
Lilly pauses, concentration furrowing her brow.
Lilly: "Read it, Hanako."
Hanako shivers. She knows Lilly would stop at nothing to get past her blindness, but she didn't want to read this one...
Hanako: "My d-d-dearest Lilly... I k-know things ended pretty abruptly, b-but..."

Lilly: "ANOTHER LOVE LETTER?"

Hanako retreated to the door, afraid of Lilly's drunken rant.

Lilly: "GET MY FATHER ON THE PHONE!"
Hanako: "I HATE YOU AND SHIZUNE AND IWANAKO AND YOUR STUPID LOVE LIFE!"
Shizune: "..."
Misha: "WAHAHA~!"

*cue silent credits*
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tang wrote:I will try to outline my thought processes without skipping anything.
So...Because Emi knows about Misha's issues and almost let slip some gossip, she and Misha fucked?

...Wat.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Tang

Post by Tang »

Guest Poster wrote:
3. Emi says "If I didn't know why..." and then "No idea". It was evident she'd had a small slip of the tongue bringing up Misha, and didn't want to discuss her lesbianism before recreationally procreating with Hisao.
So why the scenario of Emi (who has shown no interest in girls at any point in the story) having bedded Misha considered more likely than the scenario of Misha's haircut and the reason behind it being thrown around Yamaku's rumor mill and lots of students picking up on it? Really, I might be more inclined to accepting your theory if the alternative wasn't a whole lot more likely.
It's possible for both to co-exist, isn't it? At the very least, the ordered points I gave weren't that flexible... either way, Emi brought it up and kicked it under the metaphorical bed again. You're quite right, it's quite likely that there's the rumour mill component to this.

Based on what Emi said about the track captain and his preaching habits, it seems unlikely that Emi only heard about anal on the evening before it happened. This shows that Emi is capable of not talking about anal, even when she is curious about it (or no longer curious). Similarly, Emi could just exercise (huehue) some self-control and not talk about being interested in girls, when her boyfriend (or anyone, for that matter) is around/existent .
Tang

Post by Tang »

Xanatos wrote:
Tang wrote:I will try to outline my thought processes without skipping anything.
So...Because Emi knows about Misha's issues and almost let slip some gossip, she and Misha fucked?

...Wat.
What I did was list the points that I thought were mostly accepted. From there, I said that there were different interpretations, and I gave my interpretation. I also said that it's not concrete like the numbered points I started with.

I'm not sure why you have to be so defensive against this theory. If you think she just has this gossip on her mind, that's fine. But please don't try to bend my words to make me look like an illogical heretic of the Cult of Emi.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tang wrote:I'm not sure why you have to be so defensive against this theory.
Because your "theory" is based on unsupported speculation and sounds generally ridiculous.

And please go learn what "defensive" means because you're using it wrong. There is no defense happening here.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

To me it seems like either she had a slip of tongue or she assumed Hisao knew about Misha's orientation, and when she realized he didn't she felt it wasn't her place to tell him. There's neither a hint nor an implication that Emi is also bisexual.

On the other hand Emi explicitly did say that she "dated a guy" during her second year. Not a girl, not several people. A guy. Singular and masculinum.
So I guess your theory is shot.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

This thread is great.

Carry on.
RichieBerry

Post by RichieBerry »

TheHivemind wrote:This thread is great.

Carry on.
For some reason, this made laugh so hard...

(I look forward to a detailed analysis of Hivemind's post, with much back and forth about whether or not he is subtly lending credence to this theory.)
"Why do you make that noise? Are you mad? Well, obviously. Good. Your sweater is terrible, and I want you to feel bad about it. The burn tells me it is working."
"I like my sweater."
"I'm sure you like huffing glue, too. That doesn't make it right."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Carry on.
Hey, it's that feminist Kenji hater. :lol: Hi!
Tang

Post by Tang »

Carry on.
In hindsight, I can't say I agree with what I said earlier today... sigh. Or perhaps yesterday, depending on the time zone stuff.

Now for the detailed analysis. The track captain said that anal is great. Beyond than that observation, I'm done. So thanks for forgiving an old man's amusements.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Carry on.
We're being followed. To Kenji's bunker!
Oh wait, no girls. How do we reproduce?
Wait, he thought Rin was a guy.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Hivemind, you forgot the "/popcorn"! ;)

(edit)
Actually, obviously Emi is bisexual: Never say "I can't do it"!!
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I'll be honest, I think the concept of Emi swinging both ways is completely possible. I don't think there's anything to specifically support she's done so, but her personality and the fact that we know she's willing to try anything at least once lends credence to the possibility.

But as for Misha, I don't see it as being incredibly likely that she hooked up with Emi in the past. I get the impression that she's basically had a crush on Shizune as long as they've known each other, and she confessed somewhere in their freshman year (That may or may not have been outright stated, I don't remember - also, forgive my application of American nomenclature to the Japanese school system).

The thing is, Misha clearly didn't move on from Shizune, she just kinda spent her time with her, hoping it would be enough for her. For her to have hooked up with another girl would mean that she got over Shizune, which we see pretty clearly is not the case. For her to have hooked up with another girl would mean she's open to relationships, and for her to be in a relationship she'd have to be close to someone other than the girl she spends all of her time with.

Emi x Misha isn't impossible. And come to think of it, I ship that pretty hard. But from Misha's side of the bridge, I don't think it's very likely to have actually happened. Naturally someone is going to say I'm reading too far into it, and indeed I am, but that's partially because I'm trying to logically defend a gut feeling - Misha was too hung up on Shizune to try getting with another girl, Emi included.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02