If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: If you witnessed someone bullying Hanako...

Post by pandaphil »

Dream wrote:
YZQ wrote:Hanako's a cyber bully, lashing out over the Internet. Beware...
Oh dear god this makes so much sense.

Also, the picture give me the impression that Hanako is an internet white-knight rather than an internet troll.
Guess it depends on what sort of site she's on.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Dream wrote:
YZQ wrote:Hanako's a cyber bully, lashing out over the Internet. Beware...
Oh dear god this makes so much sense.

Also, the picture give me the impression that Hanako is an internet white-knight rather than an internet troll.
I can imagine Hanako browsing and anon-ing (I made a word, deal with it) in /b/
Last edited by Fiandra on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Fiandra wrote: I can imagine Hanako browsing and anon-ing I made a word deal with it in /b/
She was the one that made all of the Shrek is love, Shrek is life, and Mom's spaghetti stories. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Fiandra wrote: I can imagine Hanako browsing and anon-ing I made a word deal with it in /b/
She was the one that made all of the Shrek is love, Shrek is life, and Mom's spaghetti stories. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Oh my god yes!
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

pandaphil wrote:
Tsu wrote:Given my previous experience of witnessing bullying and standing up to people, I'd probably yell something rude, profane and vaguely coherent at the bully(s), then fail to think of any kind of danger or break off the conflict until things went badly for me.
Well, depending; my disability is the sort that doesn't impede me too much in a fight, so if they were both more impeded and not too much stronger than my 98-pound, kitten-weak self, I could perhaps handle it.
(But hey, I have pretty good pain resistance and adrenaline junkie tendencies, so it probably wouldn't be that bad regardless.)
Plus you'll be helping Hanako. That's worth a beating if you ask me.

Of course, after readign all this, you have to wonder how she'd react afterwards. Would she end up spiraling down into another bout of anger and guilt because you got hurt defending her?
Quite.

I haven't played her arc yet, but hopefully that would be mollified by me being the sort of person who once accidentally fell down a sizable flight of stairs, went face-first into a table and ended up enthusing about the coolness of wounds and blood thereof about ten seconds later.

(Actually, as a matter of fact I haven't even played the game yet, let alone Hanako's route; I downloaded it just now and I'm unsure whether to do Rin or Hanako first, though I'm leaning towards Rin, having seen her touched upon in a Let's Play of Emi's route that I watched.)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Tsu wrote:
Quite.

I haven't played her arc yet, but hopefully that would be mollified by me being the sort of person who once accidentally fell down a sizable flight of stairs, went face-first into a table and ended up enthusing about the coolness of wounds and blood thereof about ten seconds later.

(Actually, as a matter of fact I haven't even played the game yet, let alone Hanako's route; I downloaded it just now and I'm unsure whether to do Rin or Hanako first, though I'm leaning towards Rin, having seen her touched upon in a Let's Play of Emi's route that I watched.)
Good God man, what're you doing here!? Go play!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:Good God man, what're you doing here!? Go play!
Second. While playing the game, I didn't watch playthroughs at all. I'm not all that bothered by spoilers most of the time, but with KS, I didn't want anything spoiled for me AT ALL. I wanted to experience everything myself. So really man, start playing. You'll be a changed man/woman afterwards. (Just have to assume not all KS fans are men :P)

V---Don't read that unless you've chosen to "Comfort Misha".

I saw a picture of the affair with Misha before even starting Shizune's route, and it kinda ruined the whole thing for me. I was expecting that scene throughout the whole route and was anticipating the choice to have sex with Misha or not.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I played KS spoiled, and I still enjoy it. Maybe, it's because that you can't be spoiled when it comes to what really matters: real life.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

KeiichiO wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Good God man, what're you doing here!? Go play!
Second. While playing the game, I didn't watch playthroughs at all. I'm not all that bothered by spoilers most of the time, but with KS, I didn't want anything spoiled for me AT ALL. I wanted to experience everything myself. So really man, start playing. You'll be a changed man/woman afterwards. (Just have to assume not all KS fans are men :P)

V---Don't read that unless you've chosen to "Comfort Misha".

I saw a picture of the affair with Misha before even starting Shizune's route, and it kinda ruined the whole thing for me. I was expecting that scene throughout the whole route and was anticipating the choice to have sex with Misha or not.

Well, I only really got a laptop to play it on after I watched the Emi Let's Play, but eh; I'm more into the other women anyhow. I would play it now, but I still need to decide whose route to go for! I'm the sort who takes an hour to get their character's cheekbones just right in Skyrim, so this is nothing compared to my usual deliberation before I actually get into the business of playing something.

Also, I appreciate the not-assuming-maleness; in this case, it's correct.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Tsu wrote:Well, I only really got a laptop to play it on after I watched the Emi Let's Play, but eh; I'm more into the other women anyhow. I would play it now, but I still need to decide whose route to go for! I'm the sort who takes an hour to get their character's cheekbones just right in Skyrim, so this is nothing compared to my usual deliberation before I actually get into the business of playing something.

Well if you're deciding between Rin's and Hanako's, I'd choose Hanako first, and Rin next, or even Rin last. Hanako's story is incredibly emotional and touching. Throughout most of the route, it's kind of depressing, yet whenever you, (Hisao rather) make Hanako smile, it's like an award and it feels really nice. The ending is also beautiful!

Rin's can be harder to get into. It's a complex story that can get really annoying at times. Rin is a bit hard to understand, so you often see Hisao fucking things up and Rin being distant with one of her only friends. It's a very nice story though and it's one of he best stories I've ever read. (I wasn't the biggest reader before KS, but still. Now I love reading. I guess Hisao rubbed off a bit on me :P) Rin's route also ends very beautifully. Both stories caused tears of joy to fall from my eyes after completing them. The others didn't touch my heart as much as these two.

Again, I'd go with Hanako first. I like to save Rin's for last, but you can do it whichever way you want :)
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

KeiichiO wrote:
Tsu wrote:Well, I only really got a laptop to play it on after I watched the Emi Let's Play, but eh; I'm more into the other women anyhow. I would play it now, but I still need to decide whose route to go for! I'm the sort who takes an hour to get their character's cheekbones just right in Skyrim, so this is nothing compared to my usual deliberation before I actually get into the business of playing something.

Well if you're deciding between Rin's and Hanako's, I'd choose Hanako first, and Rin next, or even Rin last. Hanako's story is incredibly emotional and touching. Throughout most of the route, it's kind of depressing, yet whenever you, (Hisao rather) make Hanako smile, it's like an award and it feels really nice. The ending is also beautiful!

Rin's can be harder to get into. It's a complex story that can get really annoying at times. Rin is a bit hard to understand, so you often see Hisao fucking things up and Rin being distant with one of her only friends. It's a very nice story though and it's one of he best stories I've ever read. (I wasn't the biggest reader before KS, but still. Now I love reading. I guess Hisao rubbed off a bit on me :P) Rin's route also ends very beautifully. Both stories caused tears of joy to fall from my eyes after completing them. The others didn't touch my heart as much as these two.

Again, I'd go with Hanako first. I like to save Rin's for last, but you can do it whichever way you want :)
Huh.
Honestly, I'm partly interested in Rin because I actually haven't found her hard to understand and what I've heard of her is vaguely similar to me, so I'm not sure her storyline would get annoying for me.
But then I know very little about Hanako beyond that she isn't generic-shy-with-no-other-complications like she first appears, which is what makes me interested in her.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Tsu wrote:Huh.
Honestly, I'm partly interested in Rin because I actually haven't found her hard to understand and what I've heard of her is vaguely similar to me, so I'm not sure her storyline would get annoying for me.
But then I know very little about Hanako beyond that she isn't generic-shy-with-no-other-complications like she first appears, which is what makes me interested in her.
You'll see what I mean when I say her story can get a little annoying. It's not really her who's annoying, it's mostly Hisao. He doesn't know how to deal with Rin. But you'll just have to find out yourself.

And trust me. I love Rin. I also think Rin and I are similar. I'm not going to get into everything because I've explained this in other threads. But I think viewing Rin is like viewing myself in a way. (Although I have arms and most importantly a penis) Anyway... her character is the most appealing to me since she's a lot like me in many ways.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out again, we share the same birthday :D
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

Tsu wrote: Huh.
That's what basically drew me to her route. It's always nice to have some story behind the reclusive nature, rather than the character being shy for no reason aside from the need to have a shy girl in the game
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

CreedKeeper25 wrote:
Tsu wrote: Huh.
That's what basically drew me to her route. It's always nice to have some story behind the reclusive nature, rather than the character being shy for no reason aside from the need to have a shy girl in the game
I've also seen her having somewhat of a temper in the bad end and ample guilt mentioned, which also attracted me.
(Always a fan of shy types who are secretly very, very angry sometimes, and characters like that. I have no idea why, but yeah. Also, guilt? Boom. Instant relating to character in a thank-Christ-I-quit-that way, if I'm honest.)
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

KeiichiO wrote: most importantly a penis
What if she is secretly a shemale and is really good at hiding hers?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.