Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by OtakuNinja »

Denouement wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Denouement wrote: But you're right, in Shizune's path he was great.
You didn't get the bad end, did you? :|
No sir I did not.
Then let me say that he's not great in her path.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Then let me say that he's not great in her path.

The ending is not her path. Plus he's not even in the endings...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ericngui13

Post by ericngui13 »

metalangel wrote: Consider most of the people playing this game. Here's a timid, submissive, shy girl rejected by almost everyone she knows. Just like them! But she's also their dream of a hot Japanese/anime babe, plus she's DAMAGED, see, so they can gallop in on their charger and claim to understand her and she'll be so happy to have someone finally open up to her that they'll totally make out on the spot.

Then there's Lilly, who conforms to the Western ideal of beauty: blonde hair, blue eyes, large breasts. Plus she drinks! (such a mystique for pubescents) and she actively wants to have sex! (wow, I didn't realize girls enjoyed or wanted sex) and she's half Scottish/half Japanese (so Britain and Japan, two cultures that are completely misunderstood and held in almost unassailable esteem by the ignorant) but she's also very passive and patient so she's completely non-threatening to the sort of person who gets a semi when the cashier in 7-11's fingers touch their palm giving them their change.
Agreed...Hanako and Lily are very attracting
avid fan of Lilly.Love her path and currently playing her path, again!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/shirakawa.eriko
Email: hayate.senou@yahoo.com

Add me if u want to be my friend!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

ericngui13 wrote:
metalangel wrote: Consider most of the people playing this game. Here's a timid, submissive, shy girl rejected by almost everyone she knows. Just like them! But she's also their dream of a hot Japanese/anime babe, plus she's DAMAGED, see, so they can gallop in on their charger and claim to understand her and she'll be so happy to have someone finally open up to her that they'll totally make out on the spot.

Then there's Lilly, who conforms to the Western ideal of beauty: blonde hair, blue eyes, large breasts. Plus she drinks! (such a mystique for pubescents) and she actively wants to have sex! (wow, I didn't realize girls enjoyed or wanted sex) and she's half Scottish/half Japanese (so Britain and Japan, two cultures that are completely misunderstood and held in almost unassailable esteem by the ignorant) but she's also very passive and patient so she's completely non-threatening to the sort of person who gets a semi when the cashier in 7-11's fingers touch their palm giving them their change.
Agreed...Hanako and Lily are very attracting

Whoa, I missed this earlier. Damn, and I thought I was cynical.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Then let me say that he's not great in her path.

The ending is not her path. Plus he's not even in the endings...
Wow... I didn't even realize you guys were talking about Kenji. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

I love Misha because of Misha and Misha.

That is all.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Didn't see this topic.

Gonna be quick about this since these girls have stolen every word I could possibly muster up.

Rin and Hanako.

Perfect characters in every aspect and I'm strongly attached to them. If I met a girl who was even remotely similar to these lovely fictional characters, I'd probably end up marrying that girl.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

1) Do not ever, EVER think that Scotland = the UK. Or England = the UK.
2) Drinking would be fun if only there isn't the possibility that you get hooked after one drink.
3) Sex being enjoyable is an evolutionary thing. It is nothing to be surprised of.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Nineball

Post by Nineball »

Emi end of story (so far).

Im new to this game and v-novs for that matter. IMHO i think Emi has a strong and cheerful personality and im attracted to those with an identical personality to my own (in fact Emi's personality reminds me of my current and past girlfriends). I can't comment on the other characters as i've only had one play through but i will say that Shizune and Misha i find to be quite annoying Their 'high horse and loud' personality respectively i found more agitating than funny.

As i said though im only on my first play through (currently in act three of Emi's story)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Nineball wrote:Emi end of story (so far).

Im new to this game and v-novs for that matter. IMHO i think Emi has a strong and cheerful personality and im attracted to those with an identical personality to my own (in fact Emi's personality reminds me of my current and past girlfriends). I can't comment on the other characters as i've only had one play through but i will say that Shizune and Misha i find to be quite annoying Their 'high horse and loud' personality respectively i found more agitating than funny.

As i said though im only on my first play through (currently in act three of Emi's story)
Welcome aboard my friend. All I'll say is, you ain't seen nuthin yet. ;)

*Sits back and waits for the you know whats*
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Nineball wrote:Emi end of story (so far).

That was basically my exact reaction to my first playthrough. I did Emi's first, and loved her and thought her story was unbelievably touching. But I was surprised when I figured out for myself that that was only the beginning. It just gets more touching and emotional the more routes you play.

Here's a pointless list of routes judging on emotional level from greatest to least.

Hanako's. An emotional roller coaster that ends in the most beautiful way. Many manly tears ran down my cheeks.
Rin's. Same. Her's is a more intense emotional roller coaster and it might piss you off at times, but it ends in the most perfect way. More manly tears.
Lilly's. Her's will fuck with your emotions bro. Be prepared.
Emi's. I think Emi's is more light then the above. But still has it's feels.
Shizune's. I honestly didn't feel much emotion at all in this one. The whole thing with Misha is the closest I got. It was rather sad when Misha was saying maybe it'd be better off if she didn't exist. I Nearly cried when she said that
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

Oddly enough...Kenji.
I-I can't really explain it, but for some reason I see myself in Kenji just a little.

And then if Kenji doesn't count, then Yuuko. I was reading a lot of the text out loud in voices that might have fit, and Yuuko's voice was just too fun. <3
I would seriously perk up every time that Yuuko popped up, and everything she said was so interesting to me for some reason-- well, same with Kenji.

Miki is my favorite, but I'm more attached to Kenji or Yuuko.
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

Emi is my answer. I too am fond of her cheerful disposition, though this doesn't come as a surprise to me since I have had crushes on cheerful girls before (real girls, mind you). And while I can certainly see parts of myself in each of the heroines, Emi's "take it as it comes" attitude struck me the most closely. I can't say I exhibited such a trait to the same extent as Emi, and in my case it probably developed more as a coping mechanism for being pretty socially inept and thus having few friends as opposed to losing a family member so suddenly like with Emi. And because it wasn't so big a part of me, I didn't give it much heed. That is, until about a year ago. This kind of attitude gained a greater foothold in the greater expanse of general freedom known as college, and it, I think, ended up legitimately threatening my graduate work. Even after getting that part of my life back on track, that mindset is still affecting me in other ways. It's not something I'm proud of, but I have a better understanding of it now, which makes me identify with Emi even more than I expected to be the case.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

I only read the first five pages, did this thread ever stop being so retarded

talk about a bunch of annoying people stirring up stuff for no reason
Umber

Post by Umber »

@Dr. Casey, Meh.

For me, it was Shizune.
I actually liked Emi (familial similarities) and Rin (Helloooooo), but I admire Shizune's work ethic and personality. There weren't as many emotional moments in her arc, in my opinion, but I saw it as seeing/understanding her life through the eyes of Hisao. Shizune's the type of person that wouldn't have her path change much if you hadn't gone down her arc, unlike her purple-haired classmate. Hanako's arc was emotional, and I really loved her story, but I see a spark of something in the Student Council president.

Also Kenji. Seeing a little bit of his story through Shizune's arc made me feel a little bad for him. He's had a couple bad experiences and doesn't really tell anyone about them because there's this wall called "his (in)sanity/plan to defend against the feminist revolution". There's probably a lot of stuff going through his head, I constantly wished Hisao would just ask someone about the guy. Preferably the nurse. He's kind of just there for comic relief (or to unintentionally kill you, depending on whatever you make Hisao do).
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.