If you could bully Hanako in the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: If you could bully Hanako in the game...

Post by pandaphil »

Selim Bradley wrote:
I remember Lilly says that bullying still goes on there, though. But you're right, it's probably much tamer than a regular school community. I'm letting my own fear of people cloud my judgement and am thinking too negatively here.
True. Though I don't think any school bullies would come to the show just to make fun of the other students. And if any did, I suspect they'd earn a swift smack in the back of the head from a teacher.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

pandaphil wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
I remember Lilly says that bullying still goes on there, though. But you're right, it's probably much tamer than a regular school community. I'm letting my own fear of people cloud my judgement and am thinking too negatively here.
True. Though I don't think any school bullies would come to the show just to make fun of the other students. And if any did, I suspect they'd earn a swift smack in the back of the head from a teacher.
Professor Mutou to the rescue!
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Or a member of the audience. It is extremely annoying and rude to heckle the cast (especially if nothing wrong has happened on stage), and is worth dragging the culprit out of the hall.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Ah, but the draw of the show is that the actor playing the Phantom is going uncredited (as Hanako would likely insist). It will be very likely that very few people in the audience will know that the Phantom is actually her.
Assuming she even goes uncredited...And even so, people would still know. This isn't Superman. The people there aren't idiots. She won't magically become unrecognizable from an outfit and half-mask.
They aren't idiots, but they sure didn't bother noticing the girl when she's hiding around in the library, at the tea-room or in the dorm room.
Why would they bother noticing her when she specifically goes there to be alone?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote: Why would they bother noticing her when she specifically goes there to be alone?
I presume there are other users in the library, who might have seen her as she selects her books before retreating to her little corner.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Why would they bother noticing her when she specifically goes there to be alone?
I presume there are other users in the library, who might have seen her as she selects her books before retreating to her little corner.
She usually does that during class so mostly I think only Yuuko is there to notice her, and she knows to give her space. By the time classes are out, she's already in her beanbag chair reading.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Selim Bradley wrote:
YZQ wrote:
She usually does that during class so mostly I think only Yuuko is there to notice her, and she knows to give her space. By the time classes are out, she's already in her beanbag chair reading.
Unless Hisao's there. Then she's just [cough] 'reading' [/cough].
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm sure plenty of people have tried and failed to talk to her in the past. Words probably spread, and like Shizune and Misha, people have realized its best to just leave her alone.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Umber

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:I'm sure plenty of people have tried and failed to talk to her in the past. Words probably spread, and like Shizune and Misha, people have realized its best to just leave her alone.
Darn. If only the students had...a GameFAQs guide, or something. She's a wonderful person.
Doing Shizune's route, that Chess-in-the-Council-Room scene. Poor Hanako.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
win746

Post by win746 »

Umber wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I'm sure plenty of people have tried and failed to talk to her in the past. Words probably spread, and like Shizune and Misha, people have realized its best to just leave her alone.
Darn. If only the students had...a GameFAQs guide, or something. She's a wonderful person.
I probably ended up white knighting Hanako too much without the GameFAQs guide, I don't think I can handle the bad ending. :lol:
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

win746 wrote:
I probably ended up white knighting Hanako too much without the GameFAQs guide, I don't think I can handle the bad ending. :lol:
Me either. I've seen screenshots and heard about Hanako's bad ending. I don't think I could handle it either.

On the plus side, I've learned a lot about myself, and relating to other people from Hanako. Given the oportunity, I think i'd be less likely to smother her with attention than I would the first time I played her.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Umber wrote:
Shizune, for once, nailed it. Hanako is playing chess because of the memories it brings to her, of time together with Lily. Still, I don't think Shizune should have dissed chess. The number of possible moves is big enough to be considered near infinite.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
win746 wrote: I probably ended up white knighting Hanako too much without the GameFAQs guide, I don't think I can handle the bad ending. :lol:
Me either. I've seen screenshots and heard about Hanako's bad ending. I don't think I could handle it either.
Wusses, all of ya. :lol:

Also, this should have happened in Hanako's route.

...WAIT. Old man. Othello's an old man! Chess...Hanako plays chess! Hanako is just Othello in really well-done make-up and drag, playing a role to escape the reality of his utter loneliness and finally provide a 'real' opponent to play in chess.

Bam. Solved it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

What Lilly actually says is that while bullying itself doesn't seem to exist at Yamaku, people still form groups and some people fall outside of those.
Shizune, for once, nailed it. Hanako is playing chess because of the memories it brings to her, of time together with Lily. Still, I don't think Shizune should have dissed chess. The number of possible moves is big enough to be considered near infinite.
That's part of the reason. The other reason is that playing games (games in general) allows her to feel a little bit more normal. When her opponent is doing his best to beat her it allows her to feel respected...maybe not as a human being, but at least as an opponent.
I'm sure plenty of people have tried and failed to talk to her in the past. Words probably spread, and like Shizune and Misha, people have realized its best to just leave her alone.
Miki strongly suggests that this is what happened. Everyone was new in the first year and people did try to talk to Hanako only for her to flee or clam up. So eventually people stopped bothering. Miki tells Hisao she's sure Hanako is a nice person, but she's just very hard to deal with.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Miki and Hanako should have been buddies. :(