A team of desperate Poles

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sedinus

A team of desperate Poles

Post by Sedinus »

Hello/Howdy/G'day/whichever greeting you pefer.

Before I begin my silly little rant I'd like to assure you that we (the team) have read the bloody FAQ and know that what we're doing can be compared to going against a tank with a knife, but hey. No risk, no gain, right?

I suppose it would be best to start with an introduction of some sort, so here we go...

I'm Sedinus (trust me, my name is extremely difficult to pronounce, so it's easier this way), 21, hailing from a miserable pile of fail also known as Poland. I'm a part of newly-formed team dedicated to one and only one thing - translating KS into our glorious Polish language. Now - we are aware that there were several attempts at this. We are aware that none of the Polish teams managed to successfully translate Act 1. We are aware that you will not give the code away to some random people/teams that "juts wan 2 trnslte the gaem". We are aware.

But(t).

We're not just some random lulzies who "might give it a try and should they fail, well, whatever, it happens". We're dead serious about this. We want this VN translated. We need this VN translated. Unlike other Polish teams we're going to properly organise and manage our (human) resources, simply by creating & hosting a forum and a website of our project, discussing important matters via something other than e-mail and most importantly - cooperating and helping each other. I believe that lack of aforementioned and a flash-in-a-pan ardor was the downfall of (not so) numerous Polish teams.

We're not going to repeat any of the mistakes they might have made. We want to get this shit done, and done properly. We want to see the Polish version of KS with our own eyes, and make it with our own... Hands? Yeah. Sounds reasonable.

However, all of this will be in vain if you guys refuse. It's all up to you whether we will be able to start or not.

There is a slight issue, though - how do you know if we're actually any good? Well... No idea. We're the ones asking for help here. Perhaps you can come up with some clever way of testing us.

Other members should register on the forum and post in this thread soon enough, so I'm not going to speak for them about their skills and traits.

Regards,
Sed
reddocksw

Re: A team of desperate Poles

Post by reddocksw »

Hello.

It is exactly like Sedinus says. We are aware that there was a Polish team and they failed. But now we are dead serious about this and we will be very grateful if you let us translate it.

I'm Mateusz (I bet my name is easier to pronounce than my nick because even I don't know how to pronounce it properly lol), 17 and I'm Polish high-school student. I'm aware that I don't use coherent English and I suppose my post will be full of grammatical errors, yet I don't have any problems with understanding English. Enthusiasm is my sword, and knowledge is my shield.

Yeah, I know. The last line sucks. However we are very serious about this. We want to translate the VN and spread over the world (at least over our little world called Poland...) the wonderful Katawa Shoujo. But firstly we need your permission. Without it we can't do anything, therefore, I beg you - let us translate Katawa.

Well, this is all that I wanted to say, I think.

Regards,
redd
Klekot

Post by Klekot »

Well, here it goes...
Just like Sedinus said - we want to see Katawa Shoujo translated to Polish. Seeing other teams feeble attempts at even starting translation wasn't pleasant, but we want to finally get this thing done and get it done properly. We won't hold back - we're all fired up and ready. We're only asking you to give us a chance to prove ourselfes worthy of translating your game into our glorious language. I can guarantee you - we won't abandon it and we will make good, faithfull tranlsation.
Dracia

Post by Dracia »

Dracia reporting in!

21-year old biotechnology student, lives in Warsaw, currently the only female member of our group. I am fluent in both English and Polish - I read a lot, it really helps one write better. I am not new to translating too, I used to translate songs from English to Polish in my free time. I will probably end up doing the inglorious task of editing the whole thing. *sighs*

So here I am - humbly asking you, the creators to give us the script of the first Act or any other task so we can prove ourselves. I do believe that we are up to the task. And if we are not... We will only butcher the first Act or whatever you will give to us. There's no harm in it, right?
HARD WORK AND GUTS!
Ivalor

Post by Ivalor »

I don't want to repeat again the same things. Everything said before other members of our potential "translation team". I can only say that I also want to support this project. Knowledge of English is not yet so widespread in our little Poland. However I think that KS is worth effort to make game understandable for a larger group of players.Now decision belongs to 4LS.

Ivalor
Doc Scratch

Post by Doc Scratch »

So...

Really, there isn't much to say. I have no experience whatsoever with translating but that's why I thought "let's do it". Just to prove myself and do something constructive in my free time (which, after my exams, suddenly multiplicated into suffocating proportions) besides playing LoL. I won't say thing like "WE JUST HAVE TO DO IT" and the likes because I don't even know if we'll be allowed to do anything but... pretty please? I just hope it won't end in a flat out "NOPE" and disappointment.
(trust me, my name is extremely difficult to pronounce, so it's easier this way)
It is not. At least you aren't Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz or something like that :P

~Doc Scratch a.k.a Aiden
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Wow, pretty impressive. All I can say is go for it! Ganbaru!
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

i support for your team :')
make it happens x)
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Umber

Post by Umber »

Support all the translations.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Well, this is certainly a colorful bunch.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Poland cannot into KS
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Now there's a weird sitcom. A Team of Desperate Poles...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Yellow 13 wrote:Poland cannot into KS
I see a Paradox gamer. Shizune with March of the Eagles: want again.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

YZQ wrote:
Yellow 13 wrote:Poland cannot into KS
I see a Paradox gamer. Shizune with March of the Eagles: want again.
Hearts of Katawa 2
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

And no bad-mouthing Poland. The Witcher games came from Poland. That makes your country awesome! :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.