Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Wookie

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 2/2]

Post by Wookie »

Thanatos02 wrote:
Wookie wrote:Great chapter, the backstory was good to read and didn't detract from it at all. My only quibble is... moonlight in the middle of a thunderstorm?
I, uh...
I had the image in my mind of a city during a thunderstorm, and I knew that there would still be light but I was having trouble drawing all the details around. Originally there was supposed to be a faint glow coming from the streetlamps down below, but halfway through I realized that if the power knocked out that block or something, then the streetlamps would be dead. Or, at least, the streetlamps around here die when the power's out. Not sure if they use a different sort of grid in Japan. But anyway, partway through I decided to switch to moonlight, apparently forgetting in my mind that there's not really enough sky exposed for moonlight to be visible through the bad weather.
Ehhhhhhhhh. I'd like to just leave it as is. I've seen moonlight during a thunderstorm at night, but it wasn't really as heavy as the one I depicted in the story. I'll play around with it and see what I can do. Thanks for noticing that.
Perhaps the apartment has a habit of blowing fuses due to wiring faults or... something. That way the rest of the area would still be lit except for the apartment. I dunno. Not exactly a major issue or anything.
My recommended fanfic material:
- A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route/Ascent: An Emilogue/Akira Pseudo-Route/Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue)/One Wish (Hanako, post neutral)/"Can You Open Your Heart?" - a Rika pseudo-route/Closure/Kagami Pseudo-Route/ Tomorrow's Doom - Aiko Kurai (OC)... Damn it people, stop writing awesome fanfic, i'm running out of room in this sig!
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Yeah I would agree, just make it so that only the building went dark. :)

Awesome read btw. :D
colossus

Post by colossus »

I called it with the blackout (so proud). The way it turned out was pretty good. Hisao always get's away with saying so little about his past and his feelings about it, it's nice that he finally opened up about himself, even if he opened up a little too much haha.
LegyPlegy wrote:The ending was super awkward. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed myself as I read it, not so much for me but for Hisao..

Sucks. Although there is the possibility of Akira not giving a damn because they were pretty drunk.
It's true alcohol tends to make you let out the thoughts and feelings that you'd normally keep under lock and key. Good friends know this, and don't judge too much on a persons behavior when they've had a bit too much. I know I've gotten away with doing things I'd never do sober, because we all had too much to drink.

Anyway the way it came out was pretty realistic, and I liked it. Can't wait till the day after regrets on Hisao's part, they always come, and how he and Akira will interact from now on.
OMGnara

Post by OMGnara »

Is it possible to fall in love with words?

Because it's happening right now.
Lily>Hanako>Emi>Shizune>Rin

I also really like Miki and Suzu.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

OMGnara wrote:Is it possible to fall in love with words?

Because it's happening right now.
Of course it is, that's why we all loved Katawa Shoujo so much.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

YourFavAnon wrote:The lyrics from this song seem quite suiting to this chapter.

The song is actually about alcoholism, but it could be taken various ways.
so im not the only one who thought that song would fit
StudyOfWumbology

So considering it's the weekend and all, are we going to be able to see more of Akira possibly? :3
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:So considering it's the weekend and all, are we going to be able to see more of Akira possibly? :3
4-3 might actually be a little delayed, since I'm writing up a few Valentine's Day pieces for the folks back home. If anything, I'll try to get it out by Valentine's Day.

It won't be a 2 week delay like last time, but I'm really sorry regardless.
StudyOfWumbology

Thanatos02 wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:So considering it's the weekend and all, are we going to be able to see more of Akira possibly? :3
4-3 might actually be a little delayed, since I'm writing up a few Valentine's Day pieces for the folks back home. If anything, I'll try to get it out by Valentine's Day.

It won't be a 2 week delay like last time, but I'm really sorry regardless.
Atleast we know that you love us, and that you aren't giving up! :D Have a good valentines day!
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

You owe us nothing. It's a pleasure to be able to read it each time you update. Besides, unlike LittleKuriboh and Scott Ramsoomair (VG Cats), you update frequently.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Triscuitable wrote:You owe us nothing. It's a pleasure to be able to read it each time you update. Besides, unlike LittleKuriboh and Scott Ramsoomair (VG Cats), you update frequently.
Yeah, nothing more annoying than irregular updates.

coughvalvecough.

Take your time, though; we are patient with our free entertainment needs :)
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

Triscuitable wrote:You owe us nothing. It's a pleasure to be able to read it each time you update. Besides, unlike LittleKuriboh and Scott Ramsoomair (VG Cats), you update frequently.
Hoitash wrote:You owe us nothing.
Yeah, nothing more annoying than irregular updates.
coughvalvecough.
Take your time, though; we are patient with our free entertainment needs :)
Well, I feel a little obligated to keep the story going just for the sake of keeping a reader-base, since I DO get a bit of good criticism here.
Plus I already started it. No point giving myself any chances to let interest dwindle, both from myself and the readers, by taking (another) monthlong break.

Also it might not be out until the weekend because I've got to go do a concert for TMEA down in San Antonio I'm so sorry please don't kill me
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Ah, could be worse, you could be telling us that there'll be no continuation until the weeke... WHAAAAAAT? O.O

:P
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

It's like they say: Patience is a virtue.
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Thanatos02 wrote:Also it might not be out until the weekend because I've got to go do a concert for TMEA down in San Antonio I'm so sorry please don't kill me
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!