Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Trivun

Re: Ask!

Post by Trivun »

Aura wrote:
Sgt Spice wrote:Does Rin prefer her right foot or her left when doing things, or is she ambidextrous?
Also how does she put her clothes back on after the first H-scene, is she a wizard?
She has a dominant foot, iirc the right.

People with no hands can and do dress up themselves. They are not helpless at all.
That makes sense, though I always assumed that Hisao helped her out, personally. Being a H-scene he's clearly seen her fully or partially naked, after all, so it wouldn't be much of an issue xD

Apologies if this has already been answered in the thread so far, but is there a canon 'date' for the fire that scarred Hanako? And how does such a date tie in with her birthday? I ask only because I've had people discussing it in the thread for a Hanako POV retelling I've been writing, and some (myself not included) seem to think the fire may have happened on or around Hanako's birthday, but it's never really mentioned in the game...

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Trivun wrote:
Aura wrote:
Sgt Spice wrote:Does Rin prefer her right foot or her left when doing things, or is she ambidextrous?
Also how does she put her clothes back on after the first H-scene, is she a wizard?
She has a dominant foot, iirc the right.

People with no hands can and do dress up themselves. They are not helpless at all.
That makes sense, though I always assumed that Hisao helped her out, personally. Being a H-scene he's clearly seen her fully or partially naked, after all, so it wouldn't be much of an issue xD

Apologies if this has already been answered in the thread so far, but is there a canon 'date' for the fire that scarred Hanako? And how does such a date tie in with her birthday? I ask only because I've had people discussing it in the thread for a Hanako POV retelling I've been writing, and some (myself not included) seem to think the fire may have happened on or around Hanako's birthday, but it's never really mentioned in the game...
I've never really thought about the date much, beyond the fact that it waswhen she was about 6.

I also had images of her being thrown out into the snow, which would make it about 6 months away from her summer birthday.

The reason her birthday factors in so heavily is that it is usually a time for a reflection on the past; something that isn't all that pleasant for Hanako.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Aura wrote:
It's not that I think she is helpless, I just thought a button shirt and overalls would be...difficult. But I guess Rin would find a way to do it regardless.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Sgt Spice wrote:People with no hands can and do dress up themselves. They are not helpless at all.
It's not that I think she is helpless, I just thought a button shirt and overalls would be...difficult. But I guess Rin would find a way to do it regardless.
Here's a video of a woman without arms dressing herself. She also has a video (one of the christmas ones) of her painting a picture. :P
Last edited by Carighan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Carighan wrote:
Sgt Spice wrote:People with no hands can and do dress up themselves. They are not helpless at all.
Here's a video of a woman without arms dressing herself. She also has a video (one of the christmas ones) of her painting a picture. :P[/quote]

That was incredibly interesting to watch. I can't help but feel a little stupid for half-assuming that Rin might not be able to get her clothes on by herself, I mean I knew that she had to do it herself, I was just confused as to how. I guess the answer is with her feet and wits. Learn something new everyday I guess.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

Sgt Spice wrote: That was incredibly interesting to watch. I can't help but feel a little stupid for half-assuming that Rin might not be able to get her clothes on by herself, I mean I knew that she had to do it herself, I was just confused as to how. I guess the answer is with her feet and wits. Learn something new everyday I guess.
now the only question that remain is...
how does Rin shave herself down there?

I doubt there's a video about that on youtube
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
RichieBerry

Post by RichieBerry »

Aura wrote:
A Forum Member wrote:When one of the main girls appears in a path other than their own, would the writer of said girl have anything to do with the dialogue?
Varies, but at the very least the writer always checks that everything is okay. We all are competent enough to acceptably emulate each others' characters, but sometimes we asked for help from others. Kenji and Rin were traditionally the most challenging to "other" writers.
What about scenes that appear in two different paths (I'm thinking of the track meet scene, Emi at her Emiest, laurel branch and all that)? In that scene, Rin has most of the dialogue, so I could see you writing it, but the scene is arguablely more important for Emi (especially his internal monologues while watching her run, which defines her character as much as any scene). Was it fully collaborative, or more one person writing it with the other person saying what needs to be accomplished for his/her storyline?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

RichieBerry wrote:
Aura wrote:
A Forum Member wrote:When one of the main girls appears in a path other than their own, would the writer of said girl have anything to do with the dialogue?
Varies, but at the very least the writer always checks that everything is okay. We all are competent enough to acceptably emulate each others' characters, but sometimes we asked for help from others. Kenji and Rin were traditionally the most challenging to "other" writers.
What about scenes that appear in two different paths (I'm thinking of the track meet scene, Emi at her Emiest, laurel branch and all that)? In that scene, Rin has most of the dialogue, so I could see you writing it, but the scene is arguablely more important for Emi (especially his internal monologues while watching her run, which defines her character as much as any scene). Was it fully collaborative, or more one person writing it with the other person saying what needs to be accomplished for his/her storyline?
Most of Rin's dialog in the track meet was written by me, then tweaked by Aura. We started with just the one version and then added the differences (it's been a while so I don't remember what all the differences are). I'd say it was probably the most the two of us collaborated during the process in that this went beyond just checking each other's dialog.

Then again my memory is for shit so it could have gone completely differently.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos wrote: (FYI, there is a Misha route. It's sealed inside a mysterious box delivered to Kenji during Shizune's route. He never opens it though. :P)
Wait, are you talking about the option to "comfort her" or is there yet another option that I am unaware of?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
RichieBerry

Post by RichieBerry »

TheHivemind wrote:
RichieBerry wrote: What about scenes that appear in two different paths (I'm thinking of the track meet scene, Emi at her Emiest, laurel branch and all that)? In that scene, Rin has most of the dialogue, so I could see you writing it, but the scene is arguablely more important for Emi (especially his internal monologues while watching her run, which defines her character as much as any scene). Was it fully collaborative, or more one person writing it with the other person saying what needs to be accomplished for his/her storyline?
Most of Rin's dialog in the track meet was written by me, then tweaked by Aura. We started with just the one version and then added the differences (it's been a while so I don't remember what all the differences are). I'd say it was probably the most the two of us collaborated during the process in that this went beyond just checking each other's dialog.

Then again my memory is for shit so it could have gone completely differently.
Oh, that's interesting. Especially since I thought the stuff about the laurel branch was a very Rinish thing to say, so that's impressive that it wasn't written by Rin's primary writer.

I actually just played that scene, and I think all the spoken dialogue is identical in both versions. The only difference is that Hisao thinks a lot more about Emi's running and being at her Emiest in Emi's line and thinks a lot about Rin in Rin's line.

He also does not make one mental comment about Emi's mother's... personal appearance in Rin's line.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

When Rin was trying to masturbate what was she using?
Jwolf8

Post by Jwolf8 »

This is a major question I've been wondering: Have you been considering turning this into a series or even a full length movie? If so, I WOULD LOVE TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU GUYS! Please let me know if you ever decide on doing so!

P.S. First playthrough... fell in love with Emi right away~
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Jwolf8 wrote:This is a major question I've been wondering: Have you been considering turning this into a series or even a full length movie? If so, I WOULD LOVE TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU GUYS! Please let me know if you ever decide on doing so!

Read the FAQ, please.

Question: Who named Rin's "neutral" end (you know which one I'm talking about) the neutral one? :?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Eraser35 wrote:When Rin was trying to masturbate what was she using?
The ball or heel of her foot.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Jwolf8 wrote:This is a major question I've been wondering: Have you been considering turning this into a series or even a full length movie? If so, I WOULD LOVE TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU GUYS! Please let me know if you ever decide on doing so!

Read the FAQ, please.

Question: Who named Rin's "neutral" end (you know which one I'm talking about) the neutral one? :?
Me, naturally.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents