Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Alright, so sorry about being confusing about my earlier question about the april fools joke about the side characters. Let me restate it: Did you ever consider putting the side characters into the main story so that they would have a bigger role?
We thought about having Saki in KS for a little while. Like, a day or two.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Aura wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:Alright, so sorry about being confusing about my earlier question about the april fools joke about the side characters. Let me restate it: Did you ever consider putting the side characters into the main story so that they would have a bigger role?
I think I understand why you didn't do it, because like you wouldn't have a second person for her.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Aura wrote:
I think I understand why you didn't do it, because like you wouldn't have a second person for her.
What second person? Anyway we ditched idea because it was ultimately an unnecessary subplot.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
StudyOfWumbology

Aura wrote: What second person? Anyway we ditched idea because it was ultimately an unnecessary subplot.
All of the main characters have a second person by their side. Like Rin and Emi, Hanako and Lilly, and Shizune and Misha.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Aura wrote: What second person? Anyway we ditched idea because it was ultimately an unnecessary subplot.
All of the main characters have a second person by their side. Like Rin and Emi, Hanako and Lilly, and Shizune and Misha.
Unless she would've been a side character, like Miki. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
She was never considered for a main character.
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

cpl_crud wrote:
tommo1982 wrote:Where were the pictures of dormitories and school taken? Are they photos of dev's rooms? ;)

EDIT:
Man, it's hard to find posts in huge threads. Anyway, question to Cpl_Crud (hope he was the writer, that post was from 2007). I just finished Hanako's path. I didn't do the bad ending. It'd be heart breaking .... I am wondering though. Why is Hanako's path shorter than others? Was it planned like that? There wasn't enough ideas to push the story further? It feels like it's cut somewhere before the end and all that is missing is "To Be Continued".
Because in the context of building and releasing climax, it seemed logical to end the story once the main hurdle (i.e., Hanako starting a relationship) had been cleared.

Early versions spent more time exploring the after story, but in an effot to trump the joy of getting Hanako out od her shell I ended up chasing ghosts down corridors. None of those plots really fit with the image of KS, so they were scrapped.

And if you want a fast answer out of me you will habe to find a week when I have more than 5seconds of free time, or else hit me up on my blog. :)
Gotcha :) Thank you for your time :)

I think I understand now. When you put it this way, ending Hanako's path earlier makes more sense. When I tried to imagine what could be more after hers "gift" to Hisao, I see how it could be difficult to continue the story.
Aura wrote:Like most of 4LS, he doesn't hang out on the public IRC channel and posts on the public forums only rarely.
All the more prise to Aura for being here and answering our questions! :D
StudyOfWumbology

Aura wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:
She was never considered for a main character.
Oh, I get it. Derp :P
StudyOfWumbology

Yet another question. Sorry if I'm bothering you guys with my constant stream of them. But anywho: who drew the artwork for Emi? Like the facial features and such.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Yet another question. Sorry if I'm bothering you guys with my constant stream of them.
Would they really have a thread devoted to questions if it bothered them so much? :lol: Just don't ask the dumb stuff like "OMG WAI NO MISHA ROUTE?" (FYI, there is a Misha route. It's sealed inside a mysterious box delivered to Kenji during Shizune's route. He never opens it though. :P)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

At the risk of this being a silly question: Are the CGs in Hanako's route (which i consider the best ones i've seen in the VN so far) done by one particular artist, or were they done by the art team in general?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Does Rin prefer her right foot or her left when doing things, or is she ambidextrous?
Also how does she put her clothes back on after the first H-scene, is she a wizard?
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Yet another question. Sorry if I'm bothering you guys with my constant stream of them. But anywho: who drew the artwork for Emi? Like the facial features and such.
Moekki drew her sprite set and Pimmy the CGs.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Dream wrote:At the risk of this being a silly question: Are the CGs in Hanako's route (which i consider the best ones i've seen in the VN so far) done by one particular artist, or were they done by the art team in general?
Weee drew them but the colouring is split among a couple artists.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Sgt Spice wrote:Does Rin prefer her right foot or her left when doing things, or is she ambidextrous?
Also how does she put her clothes back on after the first H-scene, is she a wizard?
She has a dominant foot, iirc the right.

People with no hands can and do dress up themselves. They are not helpless at all.