Re: Ask!

Post by TheHivemind »

Eraser35 wrote:so wait the lemon lube was symbolism sort of
Sometimes lube is just lube, man.
Bello Jack

Post by Bello Jack »

TheHivemind wrote:
Shadowstalk wrote:First of all, before I get to my questions, I would like to thank everyone who took part in creating this game. It is truly a moving, amazing masterpiece.

My first question is "What are you guys planning to do after making such a successful game?"

Secondly, did you have any characters that were scratched before the full game was released? If so, what was their importance or role?
What am I planning to do next? Something completely different, obviously (SHAMELESS PLUG OVER).

As for the second question, Aura pretty well covered it already. We had a lot of side characters who got cut on account of space, time, not wanting to overburden the art team with more sprite requests, or because they were hilariously bad ideas (SHINJI THE GAY TAILOR).
How am I able to get in on this?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Tang wrote:For Aura,
2) Don't you feel guilty that nobody will be able to walk into Chinatown with their KS-inspired gfs (well you get what I mean to say) and buy a nice heart plushie or Satou music box, all because of the age-old promise of not going commercial with KS?
Sure we occasionally speculate about the commercial potential KS has, but do I regret not becoming a part-time T-shirt merchant? No. I rather do something I actually like on my free time, even if it means I lose the opportunity to financially exploit my fans.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

AllyHean wrote:To Aura,

May I use Katawa Shoujo as the basis for my art project? It will strictly be for schoolwork, non-commercialized of course.
You're being pretty unspecific, but fan art is one of the things that we generally allow.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Enceladeans

Post by Enceladeans »

This might be a stupid question, but screw it, can't hurt to ask. I'm slowly preparing to start my third novel, but I think it's important to improve on some of my apparent flaws. You guys are amazing writers (the whole time I was going through KS I found myself wishing I could make something half as beautiful), so maybe you can help out.

Is there a particular technique you used for developing the cast into realistic characters and making the dialogue sound believable? I've grappled with communication issues for a long time myself, so to me no matter how hard I try, when I write something things seem to come out...fake.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Bello Jack wrote:
TheHivemind wrote:
Shadowstalk wrote:First of all, before I get to my questions, I would like to thank everyone who took part in creating this game. It is truly a moving, amazing masterpiece.

My first question is "What are you guys planning to do after making such a successful game?"

Secondly, did you have any characters that were scratched before the full game was released? If so, what was their importance or role?
What am I planning to do next? Something completely different, obviously (SHAMELESS PLUG OVER).

As for the second question, Aura pretty well covered it already. We had a lot of side characters who got cut on account of space, time, not wanting to overburden the art team with more sprite requests, or because they were hilariously bad ideas (SHINJI THE GAY TAILOR).
How am I able to get in on this?
Man the post tells you how to get in on it. Click the link. Read. Be enlightened.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Enceladeans wrote:This might be a stupid question, but screw it, can't hurt to ask. I'm slowly preparing to start my third novel, but I think it's important to improve on some of my apparent flaws. You guys are amazing writers (the whole time I was going through KS I found myself wishing I could make something half as beautiful), so maybe you can help out.

Is there a particular technique you used for developing the cast into realistic characters and making the dialogue sound believable? I've grappled with communication issues for a long time myself, so to me no matter how hard I try, when I write something things seem to come out...fake.
Not really. It was just grinding. We really had no idea what we were doing when we were starting out, so we just figured stuff out as we went on and grew into it organically rather than use some "technique". Some people advocate doing stuff like reading your text out loud to get a better grip of how (un)natural it sounds but at least I never do anything like that.
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Aura, I think your forum avatar suits you. Was it a special request from art team? Do you really look like that?

PS
Btw, how come Suriko and you have separate groups from others?
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

tommo1982 wrote:Aura, I think your forum avatar suits you. Was it a special request from art team? Do you really look like that?
I would be scared if he looked like that, but the devs don't want users to answer, so ignore me :)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

tommo1982 wrote:Aura, I think your forum avatar suits you. Was it a special request from art team? Do you really look like that?

PS
Btw, how come Suriko and you have separate groups from others?
Yes. Everyone draws Natsume/me cuter than I really am.

We have separate groups because we are admins and like to fuck around with the forum settings to make us special snowflakes.
PheonixGRX

Post by PheonixGRX »

I was wondering, in the Shizune arc, how come there was no good ending? Though on fan charts, they say its a good and bad ending, however when using this sites ones, it is listed as neutral. Is this to show how the end of school truly is, or is it now up to the fans to decide on whether Hisao chases after Shizune or tries to figure out his future on his own?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Any charts on this site are still fanmade. We don't particularly care about labeling the endings.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Where were the pictures of dormitories and school taken? Are they photos of dev's rooms? ;)

EDIT:
Man, it's hard to find posts in huge threads. Anyway, question to Cpl_Crud (hope he was the writer, that post was from 2007). I just finished Hanako's path. I didn't do the bad ending. It'd be heart breaking .... I am wondering though. Why is Hanako's path shorter than others? Was it planned like that? There wasn't enough ideas to push the story further? It feels like it's cut somewhere before the end and all that is missing is "To Be Continued".
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Hey aura I'm back. :3 So I have a question for any of devs if they would be willing to answer it.
When you made that April fools joke where you could get together with some of the other side characters, did you actually code it? Because like I'm pretty sure the public (mostly me :() would really enjoy that considering the mass amount of fanfics getting our hopes up.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.