Just a random question

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Just a random question

Post by Aura »

Anyways, I do have to admit that it is against the law to kill or torture people but I assure you that there could be a lot worse things some of us could be doing than murdering a few neighbours... I mean come on, think of it this way... There have been powertripping politicians and militarists out there who commit genocide and war crime just because they could. That seems a hell of a lot worse thing to do than illegally killing a couple of people if you'd ask me.

Justifying crime by telling there is worse is a bad idea.

Anyway, instead of ban/thread lock I'm going to say this: the point of moderation on internet forums is to set some rules about what is the scope of the discussion and what is not. Internet piracy does not fall within the scope of KS forum. We had a mod come to the thread and say this already. It's not a subject that can be argued and I advice nobody tries to because while I'm fairly difficult to anger, most of the other moderation staff are on a considerably shorter fuse. I hope you understand this.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Suigintou

Post by Suigintou »

Wow, seems like I started a shitstorm; sorry about that. I tried to see if there was a forum rules page before posting that link, but I couldn't find one and assumed the rules were similar to 4chan's /a/. I think a small sticky clarifying exactly what is and isn't allowed would be helpful.

In an attempt to bring the thread back on track: has anyone played any other VNs powered by Ren'Py? I was checking out the Ren'Py game list page and was surprised to find over 150 titles, most of which appear to be free. The only one I tried was Take Rena Home, but I stopped after it became clear there wasn't going to be a yandere scene. Deredere Rena is no fun.
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

Suigintou wrote:Wow, seems like I started a shitstorm; sorry about that. I tried to see if there was a forum rules page before posting that link, but I couldn't find one and assumed the rules were similar to 4chan's /a/. I think a small sticky clarifying exactly what is and isn't allowed would be helpful.

In an attempt to bring the thread back on track: has anyone played any other VNs powered by Ren'Py? I was checking out the Ren'Py game list page and was surprised to find over 150 titles, most of which appear to be free. The only one I tried was Take Rena Home, but I stopped after it became clear there wasn't going to be a yandere scene. Deredere Rena is no fun.

I'll have to look into that, thanks for the link.
To answer your question, no, I haven't :oops:

Post by Guest »

I played Tsukihime a few years back. My original interest in it was from the fighting game Melty Blood.

Kinda working my way into Fate/Stay Night. Interest was gained from a completely different forum about a completely different VN (which I didn't check out). Reading it in moderation.

KS was my second tho, between Tsukihime and F/SN.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Some of the devs (I think I'm actually the one with the strongest stomach, in addition to delta) have played many of the other Ren'Py games, naturally. It's our engine of choice after all. There is a wide spectrum of games there, both quality- and subjectwise. I can't really recommend any games because of this, but if I had to gather a sample set to represent this spectrum, I'd pick Starlit Sky, Lífþrasir Main and Catgirl Panic right now (if you were ask me next week again, I might pick some other set)

As for other games, I've played (or tried to and given up due to disgust or boredom) most of the big-name translations and many of the smaller ones, plus I've fought through some games in Japanese as well. If you want to see what the japanese doujin circles (to which 4LS is equivalent) can cook up, check out True Remembrance and LEAVEs. Both are translated and free downloads.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TewDee

Post by TewDee »

Guest wrote:I played Tsukihime a few years back. My original interest in it was from the fighting game Melty Blood.

Kinda working my way into Fate/Stay Night. Interest was gained from a completely different forum about a completely different VN (which I didn't check out). Reading it in moderation.

I need to learn to log the hell in. :roll:
Krull

Post by Krull »

TewDee wrote:
Guest wrote:I played Tsukihime a few years back. My original interest in it was from the fighting game Melty Blood.

I need to learn to log the hell in. :roll:
Click the "automatic log in" box :wink:
"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."

Philip K. Dick, Valis

"I just can't stop"~Me
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

I've played X-Change and X-Change 2, but neither to completion. I completed Nocturnal Illusion ages ago and Tsukihime a few years back. I've also played most of the old classics like Three Sister Story, True Love and so on. Oh, and also Divi Dead; along with Nocturnal Illusion, that's probably the VN I was most sucked into, both being very atmospheric.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

disturbedthoughts wrote:Little My Maid
Played that.. was really nice (has style) and currently stays on the top place in my book... but Katawa Shoujo has a high chance of getting ahead of it. :D

Also played:
Bibble Black
Amorous Professor Cherry
Discipline
Let's Meow Meow

+ sum more...
"...!"
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

Hey, Envy, have you started playing DISCIPLINE yet??
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

I completed Crescendo a few times last night. The first time through, I only got one sex scene and it didn't even involve me. I then resumed from various save points and got various good and bad ends with a few of the characters. It's pretty good in that it makes you work for the sex scenes rather than throwing them at you for the hell of it but then its main weaknesses are (a) it has a (usually dull) flashback every 10 minutes and (b) some choices unfurl into a situation you never envisioned when you chose it, or at least, thought there'd be some way of further influencing proceedings after that choice. e.g. Your old friend asks you if she can come round, you say yes, you automatically end up kissing, you ruin your relationship with your girlfriend. That's frankly ridiculous; implying that having a drink with a female friend while in a relationship results in fucking up that relationship.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

There was a game I didn't list that I remember playing. It's called Hitozuma Hime (secrete Wifes' Club). It's probably one of the most complicating bushoujo games I've ever played. You have to work on each girl a certain amount of times order to completely beat it. If you pick one girl too much, you'll get caught by their husbands. If you do all three equally, then you'll get a foursome with all of them and the game doesn't allow you to finish the any of the girls' ending.

The game itself wasn't very good IMO... There was no real story plot, it was just about sex and claiming a girl for your own. However, the good endings of each girl aren't too bad. (They're kind of the same as Do You Like Horny Bunnies 2.)
Envy

Post by Envy »

Xaphan wrote:Hey, Envy, have you started playing DISCIPLINE yet??
I haven't been near a computer for the last week but I did play some of it.

So far all it's been is some femdom, rape by the tennis team and whatever else. Semen soap wash as well. Nothing special.
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

Envy wrote:
Xaphan wrote:Hey, Envy, have you started playing DISCIPLINE yet??
I haven't been near a computer for the last week but I did play some of it.

So far all it's been is some femdom, rape by the tennis team and whatever else. Semen soap wash as well. Nothing special.
What... nothing special!? Oh well, the worst hasn't "come" yet (lol i made a funny)
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

Hey guys, Xaphan here... Thought I'd stop by and see how the forum is doing and to check up on the progress of Katawa Shoujo. (By the way, I do believe that Katawa means "Strangely Cute" rather than just strange... like a made up conjunction.) I know I haven't been on in a long time but that doesn't mean I've been slacking off or anything =p. I've been doing a lot of school related stuff and watching animes I haven't completely finished yet. (List of a few animes are below.)

- Excel Saga
- Hell Girl
- To Aru Mijitsu No Index
- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Spin off (VERY RECENTLY MADE)
- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Rei
- DearS
- Also a couple of... *wink wink* yeah you know it ones too

I've also been working on my list of Bishoujo Games as well, and I must say that I've been fairly impressed with the results. I haven't beaten any of them yet but I'm working on that too as I even type up this post... hold on... *goes back to game*
... Oh, looks like Mrs. Cherry gave me the "OK" for an after school hour treat, AWESOME!

- Amorous Professor Cherry (Like it so far :mrgreen: )
- Princess waltz (Dunno if u can really call it a bishoujo game but it was still pretty damn good)
- Cosplay Fetish Academy (Man I've had this preordered and EVERYTHING, been waitin' so long to play this one)

Speaking of Bishoujo games... How the heck did you guys play the Fate Stay/Night Bishoujo game if it's in Japanese only? Did you guys seriously translate everything you heard or just took what you knew from the anime?

Yes, Bishoujo games are indeed grand... Well, anyways, as I've said before it's been a while since I've been here and I'm going to try to, not only be on this forum more, but try to be on others like the anidb forum as well.

OH! Envy! Did you finish DISPLINE by any chance?