Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ewx

Re: Ask!

Post by ewx »

When Mutou introduces himself to Hisao, he is referred to as the 'science and homeroom' teacher.

Does that mean he teaches them every subject or just science?
If it's the latter, why do we never see any of the other teachers? Is it because they wouldn't add anything to the story?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

He teaches only science, and takes care of homeroom for Hisao's class.
There is a mention or two of other teachers, not taking Nomiya into account. But yes, you don't see a whole lot of extras exactly because they are extras.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Yet another question from me.

1) Who came up with the idea of Misha and her story line?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Yet another question from me.

1) Who came up with the idea of Misha and her story line?
Crud came up with the idea for a sign language translator, all writers developed the character together and A22 wrote the story
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
rb867

Post by rb867 »

Do you feel that the sheer amount of love expressed in this game between two characters such as Hisao and Emi is possible in real life?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

rb867 wrote:Do you feel that the sheer amount of love expressed in this game between two characters such as Hisao and Emi is possible in real life?
Well yeah dude, it is just regular old love going on there, it's nothing earth-shattering. It only seems earth-shattering because it's high school.

Here's an illustration for you. It's the way I figure things play out:

Hisao and Emi are super-happy together for a while, but they don't go to the same college. They drift apart and eventually, they break up. Hisao takes it harder than Emi, or at least spends more time talking about how hard he's taking the breakup. Then they both get distracted by all the cool stuff you get up to in college, and get over it.

Eventually they both meet someone else and it happens all over again. But they remember each other, and eventually they stop focusing on how the breakup hurt and start focusing on the good bits. Maybe they run into one another a few years out of college. They talk like old friends, and then part ways again after exchanging email addresses.

Fifteen years after that, Emi will be at his funeral. She'll talk to his wife and tell him what a great honor it was to know him. She'll go home and cry into her lover's arms, who will understand the whole high-school romance angle because she'd been through it too, once. Then they'll go to bed.
rb867

Post by rb867 »

TheHivemind wrote:
rb867 wrote:Do you feel that the sheer amount of love expressed in this game between two characters such as Hisao and Emi is possible in real life?
Well yeah dude, it is just regular old love going on there, it's nothing earth-shattering. It only seems earth-shattering because it's high school.

Here's an illustration for you. It's the way I figure things play out:

Hisao and Emi are super-happy together for a while, but they don't go to the same college. They drift apart and eventually, they break up. Hisao takes it harder than Emi, or at least spends more time talking about how hard he's taking the breakup. Then they both get distracted by all the cool stuff you get up to in college, and get over it.

Eventually they both meet someone else and it happens all over again. But they remember each other, and eventually they stop focusing on how the breakup hurt and start focusing on the good bits. Maybe they run into one another a few years out of college. They talk like old friends, and then part ways again after exchanging email addresses.

Fifteen years after that, Emi will be at his funeral. She'll talk to his wife and tell him what a great honor it was to know him. She'll go home and cry into her lover's arms, who will understand the whole high-school romance angle because she'd been through it too, once. Then they'll go to bed.
Thanks for the insight! I guess you're right the love aspect is blown out of proportion because realistically it would not often happen in high school but rather in college or university. Also that progression seems to be reasonable, although I don't know about Emi taking it so easily. She seemed so hesitant to even get close to Hisao and after she finally did she never wanted to leave him. Her situation seemed abnormal and so I'd think she would have a tough time breaking bonds. I'd go as far as to say she may even try to go to the same college considering her lack of thinking towards the future. If that happened they would most likely wed.

Although it's hard to argue with the pathwriter :P
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

TheHivemind wrote:Fifteen years after that, Emi will be at his funeral. She'll talk to his wife and tell him what a great honor it was to know him. She'll go home and cry into her lover's arms, who will understand the whole high-school romance angle because she'd been through it too, once. Then they'll go to bed.
TheHivemind wrote:because she'd been through it too
TheHivemind wrote:she
Horrible tease, you are. :P
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Shadowstalk

Post by Shadowstalk »

First of all, before I get to my questions, I would like to thank everyone who took part in creating this game. It is truly a moving, amazing masterpiece.

My first question is "What are you guys planning to do after making such a successful game?"

Secondly, did you have any characters that were scratched before the full game was released? If so, what was their importance or role?
Here's my Twitter
Hardrockman911: I'm sorry. I know I'm not pretty, like Lilly.
Shadowstalk931: It's okay. Nobody's pretty like Lilly
Hardrockman911: ....
Hardrockman911: I hate being friends with you. I hope you know that.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Shadowstalk wrote:First of all, before I get to my questions, I would like to thank everyone who took part in creating this game. It is truly a moving, amazing masterpiece.

My first question is "What are you guys planning to do after making such a successful game?"

Secondly, did you have any characters that were scratched before the full game was released? If so, what was their importance or role?
We do something else, of course, the "second album that nobody likes because it's not the same as the first". I don't know what else to say. I mean, the success of KS is pretty meaningless as long as we keep doing noncommercial stuff just for a hobby, so there's really no need for us to get stuck in that.

KS had plenty of characters that were scrapped or never even made it past the idea stage, mostly fairly inconsequential minor characters or unnecessary subplots revolving around side characters. Some characters that were removed were several of Lilly's family members, underclassmen friends of Lilly and Rin, some event-specific characters that were scrapped as the events they were involved in were nuked, the captain of the track team that is still mentioned in KS and I'm sure several others.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Shadowstalk wrote:First of all, before I get to my questions, I would like to thank everyone who took part in creating this game. It is truly a moving, amazing masterpiece.

What am I planning to do next? Something completely different, obviously (SHAMELESS PLUG OVER).

As for the second question, Aura pretty well covered it already. We had a lot of side characters who got cut on account of space, time, not wanting to overburden the art team with more sprite requests, or because they were hilariously bad ideas (SHINJI THE GAY TAILOR).
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

TheHivemind wrote:(SHINJI THE GAY TAILOR).
Which route? :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
AllyHean

Post by AllyHean »

To Aura,

May I use Katawa Shoujo as the basis for my art project? It will strictly be for schoolwork, non-commercialized of course.
Tang

Post by Tang »

For TheHivemind,

1) Am I the only one who thought Emi's lemon scene was symbolic of her stubborn refusal to give up, no matter what the situation? I was thinking along the lines of, "This is difficult, but I started this, etc..." Or, maybe I just didn't look deeply enough at that facial expression of hers...

For Aura,
2) Don't you feel guilty that nobody will be able to walk into Chinatown with their KS-inspired gfs (well you get what I mean to say) and buy a nice heart plushie or Satou music box, all because of the age-old promise of not going commercial with KS?
Last edited by Tang on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

OtakuNinja wrote:
TheHivemind wrote:(SHINJI THE GAY TAILOR).
Which route? :lol:
I'll never tell.
Tang wrote:For the Hivemind,

1) Am I the only one who thought Emi's lemon scene was symbolic of her stubborn refusal to give up, no matter what the situation? I was thinking along the lines of, "This is difficult, but I started this, etc..." Or, maybe I just didn't look deeply enough at that facial expression of hers...
There is an element of that, I suppose. Part of the reason we decided Emi would be the one to go down that road is because of her... adventurous nature, so obviously she was gonna see it through to the end.