Emotional Attachment to the Forum?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Emotional Attachment to the Forum?

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Gotta love the GIFT.
Well, look at the bright side, at least we aren't getting death threats or hate mails in our PMs, unlike the cracked writers.
Aw, I like Cracked...And I've gotten both of those before. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Aw, I like Cracked...And I've gotten both of those before. xD
To be fair, most of the people who send them death threats/hate mail tend to be crazy or assholes anyways, so they don't seem to be too bothered by it. Also, i'm surprised you got hate mail, i always thought that published authors or similarly exposed people were the only ones who got such a thing (unless you are an author somewhere)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
To be fair, most of the people who send them death threats/hate mail tend to be crazy or assholes anyways, so they don't seem to be too bothered by it. Also, i'm surprised you got hate mail, i always thought that published authors or similarly exposed people were the only ones who got such a thing (unless you are an author somewhere)
I'm an author in the sense that I wrote stuff, once.

My hate mail comes from dumb people on the internet when I see fit to correct their many dumb ideas. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:I'm an author in the sense that I wrote stuff, once.

My hate mail comes from dumb people on the internet when I see fit to correct their many dumb ideas. :lol:
Fanfiction i assume?

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I'm an author in the sense that I wrote stuff, once.

Fanfiction i assume?
That and the failed remnants of novels. The fanfiction is decent. :lol:
Dream

Post by Dream »

I've heard novels were something extremely hard to write indeed. I admit i am curious about what sort of fanfiction you wrote about, though.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:I've heard novels were something extremely hard to write indeed. I admit i am curious about what sort of fanfiction you wrote about, though.
Two are KS. Never posted anywhere.

Two are based on Minecraft, which is a great source because the world's already there but still largely blank by nature of the game. Those two are a prequel/sequel. I prefer the sequel. :lol:

And one I never finished is based on Skyrim and is a direct result of my inclination toward roleplay. It's essentially a journal from the perspective of my character

And the novel attempts were all garbage. I just don't have anything to fill a novel. My ideas aren't that big.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:I've heard novels were something extremely hard to write indeed. I admit i am curious about what sort of fanfiction you wrote about, though.
Two are KS. Never posted anywhere.

Two are based on Minecraft, which is a great source because the world's already there but still largely blank by nature of the game. Those two are a prequel/sequel. I prefer the sequel. :lol:

And one I never finished is based on Skyrim and is a direct result of my inclination toward roleplay. It's essentially a journal from the perspective of my character

And the novel attempts were all garbage. I just don't have anything to fill a novel. My ideas aren't that big.
Pooosstt eeeettt :D
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Two are KS. Never posted anywhere.

The Minecraft and Skyrim ones sound interesting, particularly the former since i'm a Minecraft player too (although i haven't played in some while), i was surprised when i learned that there was Minecraft fanfiction, i admit, but thinking about it it does have potential, not only on the blank slate of the world but also the charm and the mystery regarding the monsters, the nether, what the fuck Steve? is, ect.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Two are KS. Never posted anywhere.

The Minecraft and Skyrim ones sound interesting, particularly the former since i'm a Minecraft player too (although i haven't played in some while), i was surprised when i learned that there was Minecraft fanfiction, i admit, but thinking about it it does have potential, not only on the blank slate of the world but also the charm and the mystery regarding the monsters, the nether, what the fuck Steve? is, ect.
I was surprised too...Then I found this and the rest is history. :lol: Creepers are great fanfic material. The sequel to mine was supposed to feature them in a larger role but as the story developed, I just couldn't fit my ideas for them into it...
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Emotional Attachment its a very heavy term for "linking the forum", don't you think?

Well, i Kinda like it here, I'm not a very active poster, more of a lurker, reading way more threads than posting on then. Its a nice way to pass time during work hours.

The community here is nice, some users are funny others are insightful, some are annoying and I like how slowly all big threads change their subject and are locked by Silent Cook.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Tomate wrote:Emotional Attachment its a very heavy term for "linking the forum", don't you think?

Well, i Kinda like it here, I'm not a very active poster, more of a lurker, reading way more threads than posting on then. Its a nice way to pass time during work hours.

The community here is nice, some users are funny others are insightful, some are annoying and I like how slowly all big threads change their subject and are locked by Silent Cook.
I can't exactly say I DON'T have emotional attachment to this forum. On this, and the Bay 12 forum, I feel pretty close to the respective communities.

I think it's just a sense of belonging with a bunch of people who share a similar (Somewhat taboo for most of us) interest in something. Nothing wrong with that.

But yeah, every forum always complains about the guy who runs it, I say I've done my fair share of complaining and cancer-slinging on all matter of forums. That's the nature of a forum, that shit's gonna be there, especially with publicity.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:the Bay 12 forum
That place blows.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:
I'm an author in the sense that I wrote stuff, once.

omg
is this why i never seen ravenlord around anymore
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

inquisitivenegro wrote:omg
is this why i never seen ravenlord around anymore
:lol: No, he just kind of went on being blissfully incorrect despite my corrections. :P