Denouement

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Denouement »

Through the internet.
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

Steinherz wrote:
Banryu wrote:None of the friends I recommended Katawa Shoujo to have tried it yet. I had to talk about it with someone or I feared I was gonna go nuts. ~___~
I know that feel bro/sis.

How did I end up here? Well I downloaded Katawa Shoujo and looked around for a walkthrough (tried to get Hanako's route, ended up on Emi's. Oh well :lol:) . Ended up on the forums, and I stayed XD.
That's so weird because the same exact thing happened to me (in terms of the story route).
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Banryu wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Banryu wrote:None of the friends I recommended Katawa Shoujo to have tried it yet. I had to talk about it with someone or I feared I was gonna go nuts. ~___~
I know that feel bro/sis.

How did I end up here? Well I downloaded Katawa Shoujo and looked around for a walkthrough (tried to get Hanako's route, ended up on Emi's. Oh well :lol:) . Ended up on the forums, and I stayed XD.
That's so weird because the same exact thing happened to me (in terms of the story route).
Same...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Xanatos wrote:
Banryu wrote:
Steinherz wrote:I know that feel bro/sis.

Same...
There seems to be a running theme here, because the same thing happened to me.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

Exbando wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Banryu wrote: That's so weird because the same exact thing happened to me (in terms of the story route).
Same...
There seems to be a running theme here, because the same thing happened to me.
What the fuck, can this really be this big of a coincidence? :0

I mean, I guess so, but how weird. Maybe Hanako attracts a certain type of personality. The determined / protective sort, I suppose.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
Droslin

Post by Droslin »

Heard about the game a few months ago and while I thought it sounded interesting I never downloaded it. Saw the lets play Jesse did a few weeks ago and figured what the heck might as well try it. Played through two of the routes then came here.
Antarus

Post by Antarus »

Found out about the game.. Somewhere. I think the first I heard of it was on the show "MetaDating".
Later Jesse played it for a fan friday.
I got bored one day and decided to try something new (I haven't played any other VN's before or since)
Got slightly obsessed.
Went to the website and decided to check out the links on the bottom of the page.
Found this forum.
Bingo.
Not sure if I'll stay active here. It's worth a try though, right?
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

Found the forums at the same time as I downloaded the game.
Lurked for a while but decided to register.
Guess I'm stuck here with you guys!

(Boy am I glad, the Katawa Shoujo subreddit is quite... lacking, I suppose.)
Droslin wrote:Heard about the game a few months ago and while I thought it sounded interesting I never downloaded it. Saw the lets play Jesse did a few weeks ago and figured what the heck might as well try it. Played through two of the routes then came here.
Antarus wrote:Found out about the game.. Somewhere. I think the first I heard of it was on the show "MetaDating".
Later Jesse played it for a fan friday.
I got bored one day and decided to try something new (I haven't played any other VN's before or since)
Got slightly obsessed.
Went to the website and decided to check out the links on the bottom of the page.
Found this forum.
Bingo.
Is it just me or is he ripping on the game a bit?
(I know it's Jesse's style as he's a YouTube entertainer, but I mean... those voice-overs and his comments in between dialogue?)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

tounymalouny wrote: Bingo.
(I know it's Jesse's style as he's a YouTube entertainer, but I mean... those voice-overs and his comments in between dialogue?)[/quote]

He tends to go for humor in his videos, and was just doing his best to make the game 'funny'. From his later comments, it sounds like he didn't know what he was getting into when he started.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Antarus

Post by Antarus »

tounymalouny wrote:Found the forums at the same time as I downloaded the game.
Antarus wrote: Bingo.
(I know it's Jesse's style as he's a YouTube entertainer, but I mean... those voice-overs and his comments in between dialogue?)
pandaphil wrote: He tends to go for humor in his videos, and was just doing his best to make the game 'funny'. From his later comments, it sounds like he didn't know what he was getting into when he started.
Yeah, from what I know of Jesse and (based off the sound of his voice overall) his expectations were that the game would be much more funny than what it was. So he went in with his usual funnyguy attitude, which eventually made him sound a lot more negative because he was hoping to crack more jokes.
At least that's what I think.
Not sure if I'll stay active here. It's worth a try though, right?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

He had more comments about it over the weekend on the podcast he co-hosts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yE#t=2700s

I do enjoy his style for things like Dishonoured, and Dead Space. But I give him credit for choosing not to do a LP despite all the demands from his fanbase. He's just not a dramatic LP'er.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

pandaphil wrote:He had more comments about it over the weekend on the podcast he co-hosts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yE#t=2700s

I enjoy his style for things like Dishonoured, and Dead Space. But I give him credit for choosing not to do a LP despite all the comments from his fanbase. He's just not a dramatic LP'er.
Oh I must've missed this TGS Podcast. (Guess I've got something to listen to for 3 hours!)
Props to him for not continuing the play through, though.
I just hope he doesn't give in to the comments, it's after all his most watched Fan-Fr[insert day here] video.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Exbando wrote:There seems to be a running theme here...
HOW DID NOBODY ELSE NOTICE THIS! :lol: Oh, wait. They got distracted by a bad LPer. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

Xanatos wrote:
HOW DID NOBODY ELSE NOTICE THIS! :lol: Oh, wait. They got distracted by a bad LPer. :P
Oh my God, didn't notice.
You're funny, I like you...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

tounymalouny wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Oh my God, didn't notice.
You're funny, I like you...
:lol: Puns never escape my notice.