Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bello Jack

Re: Ask!

Post by Bello Jack »

I don't know if this has been asked yet... But are you going to sell merchandise?
Bello Jack

Post by Bello Jack »

Bello Jack wrote:I don't know if this has been asked yet... But are you going to sell merchandise?
Never mind don't answer that... I think I already know the answer.
ewx

Post by ewx »

Do we know who originally occupied the seat Hisao occupies in class 3-3?

And what caused them to leave? Illness? Transfer? Death?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Reading the FAQ helps...
Do you allow any mods into this game?
The FAQ wrote:3. You may not alter the game, nor make your own derivative work that builds on it. Specifically, we have a dislike for reverse engineering the game to extract the music, art or scripts, which is in breach of this license.
But are you going to sell merchandise?
The FAQ wrote:Q: I saw this game for sale. Are you selling this now?
A: No. Four Leaf Studios is not charging for Katawa Shoujo, and never will. If you see anyone selling Katawa Shoujo, charging for "official" merchandise, or using game assets in their for-sale items, please report them. Selling fanworks that do not use official content (including the KS logo) and do not pretend to be official is okay.
No.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Reading the FAQ helps...
Do you allow any mods into this game?
The FAQ wrote:3. You may not alter the game, nor make your own derivative work that builds on it. Specifically, we have a dislike for reverse engineering the game to extract the music, art or scripts, which is in breach of this license.
But are you going to sell merchandise?
The FAQ wrote:Q: I saw this game for sale. Are you selling this now?
A: No. Four Leaf Studios is not charging for Katawa Shoujo, and never will. If you see anyone selling Katawa Shoujo, charging for "official" merchandise, or using game assets in their for-sale items, please report them. Selling fanworks that do not use official content (including the KS logo) and do not pretend to be official is okay.
No.
Aura wrote:Even if you think you know the answer to some question, don't answer it. Misinformation has a tendency to stick around, and the point of this thread is to clarify things, not muddle them up further.
You sure have a really short memory
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ewx wrote:Do we know who originally occupied the seat Hisao occupies in class 3-3?

And what caused them to leave? Illness? Transfer? Death?
An extra seat just was added to the classroom for Hisao.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Did you ever think about releasing the game as a book? It'd be something. You surely noticed the stories you wrote tend to make people think and look from a different perspective.

My grandfather has arrythmia. I'm not sure whether a whole book would give me the perspective of what it means, more than going through the game. I believe none of you thought KS could be educational :)
PheonixGRX

Question for the creators

Post by PheonixGRX »

I read through the FAQ's and I actually had a couple questions I wanted to ask you.

1) I know that you said that if anyone tries to create a new game/visual novel, it wont be with 4LS. I was curious as to why this was, and why not keep the company name of 4LS, and just have sub-companies in it. If one game has gotten you this famous, why stop? You can become a legitimate gaming company, with each and every one of you helping out, or leaving as some of you don't want to do more. The question is, why not keep the 4LS going, and try to reach the hearts of everyone, rather than just split up, with some never being heard of again?

2) If any of you end up creating more games/visual novels, would you ever charge people to purchase them? I know you said KS wont ever have this done to it, but as I said in the last question, you have gotten to so many people, and you could now make a living off of these games.

3) If offered, would you allow a manga/anime series/OVA be made off of the KS series? (This is just one that my friend wanted to ask)

I thank you for your time, and for reading this. Take care and enjoy yourselves.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

tommo1982 wrote:Did you ever think about releasing the game as a book? It'd be something. You surely noticed the stories you wrote tend to make people think and look from a different perspective.

My grandfather has arrythmia. I'm not sure whether a whole book would give me the perspective of what it means, more than going through the game. I believe none of you thought KS could be educational :)
Don't really see any advantages in adapting KS into novel form, so no.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Question for the creators

Post by Silentcook »

PheonixGRX wrote:I read through the FAQ's and I actually had a couple questions I wanted to ask you...
1) You misunderstand. First, we're not a company by any stretch. We are just, as Aura put it once, "a bunch of fags on the Internet". Referring to us as a "company" implies many things that aren't there and that we aren't interested in, among them work hours, enforceable penalties for quitting when we like, or a desire to make money off our creation(s).

Even without that, our point was that the odds of us ALL working together again are zero, because just as you said, some of us want out. That doesn't mean that NONE of us will ever work together again, under the aegis of 4LS or otherwise.

2) Most if not all of us have jobs. I for one have no desire for extra income since with it comes extra hassle. Also, I think you are much too optimistic concerning your "making a living" statement.

3) That's a question that requires consideration by the whole gang, but the odds are "no". We extend our "no profit" policy to any such endeavors, so the possibility that someone would want to do that for free AND that it would be good enough to satisfy us is, again, pretty much zero.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

PheonixGRX

Re: Question for the creators

Post by PheonixGRX »

Silentcook wrote:
PheonixGRX wrote:I read through the FAQ's and I actually had a couple questions I wanted to ask you...
1) You misunderstand. First, we're not a company by any stretch. We are just, as Aura put it once, "a bunch of fags on the Internet". Referring to us as a "company" implies many things that aren't there and that we aren't interested in, among them work hours, enforceable penalties for quitting when we like, or a desire to make money off our creation(s).

Even without that, our point was that the odds of us ALL working together again are zero, because just as you said, some of us want out. That doesn't mean that NONE of us will ever work together again, under the aegis of 4LS or otherwise.

2) Most if not all of us have jobs. I for one have no desire for extra income since with it comes extra hassle. Also, I think you are much too optimistic concerning your "making a living" statement.

3) That's a question that requires consideration by the whole gang, but the odds are "no". We extend our "no profit" policy to any such endeavors, so the possibility that someone would want to do that for free AND that it would be good enough to satisfy us is, again, pretty much zero.
Thank you for the reply. I do understand what you mean, it isn't desirable to create games for a living, and you would want more normal lives. Also, if I may, I would like to change what I said about 'company' and change it to the word 'group' or something. Just as a way so that others online can see it and think "Oh, I remember them!".

Thank you for the answers, it is very much appreciated, and I hope you all have fun in your lives. Thank you for an awesome experience as well.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Aura wrote:Don't really see any advantages in adapting KS into novel form, so no.
Before we'd get Katawa Shoujo The Novel, I'd prefer Katawa Shoujo The Merchandise, anyhow.

Katawa Shoujo - The Cereals!
Katawa Shoujo - Painting for dummies kit!
Katawa Shoujo - Gigantic box of tear resistant tissues!
Katawa Shoujo - Miniatures! With sound effects! Well, Shizune's moves her arms instead!

:P
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Carighan wrote:
Aura wrote:Don't really see any advantages in adapting KS into novel form, so no.
Before we'd get Katawa Shoujo The Novel, I'd prefer Katawa Shoujo The Merchandise, anyhow.

Katawa Shoujo - The Cereals!
Katawa Shoujo - Painting for dummies kit!
Katawa Shoujo - Gigantic box of tear resistant tissues!
Katawa Shoujo - Miniatures! With sound effects! Well, Shizune's moves her arms instead!

:P
Spaceball reference ? Or maybe it's just me :P
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Ofc it's a Spaceballs reference, but I couldn't get myself to propose Katawa Shoujo The Flamethrower. :$
ewx

Post by ewx »

What was the hardest part of writing?

I fancy trying my hand at it but knowing ahead what kind of things to look out for would really help.