What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nobody in Particular

Re: Im new and have some questions

Post by Nobody in Particular »

YZQ wrote:If you have the music box playing at the very end, you have the better end. Lily only has 2. Also, if you let Hisao be very honest with her throughout, you need not fear. The Lady has sharp ears.
If the game continues after Lilly's departure then you have the good end. The other one just cuts off at that point.
Rampagindragon

Post by Rampagindragon »

I would have gone insane if it ended with Lilly leaving for Scotland permanently. Luckily I got the good ending and im very pleased with it.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Rampagindragon wrote:I would have gone insane if it ended with Lilly leaving for Scotland permanently. Luckily I got the good ending and im very pleased with it.
Well, if it helps, even that end turns out okay...For Hanako, not Lilly. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Rampagindragon

Post by Rampagindragon »

Im either thinking about going either the Rin or Hanako route next, though I doubt it will be as good for me as the Lilly path. I enjoyed Lilly's so much I kinda feel like a may have ruined the rest for me lol.

Also, though I found Misha very annoying most parts of the game, I have heard that she has her own arc as well, which is interesting to me just because I feel like it would be a little different, and may build on a character that is more or less just a translator. (even Yuuko has more of a story than Misha) Though I think the plot of her arc may be pretty obvious. My guess is that she is so hyper and loud all the time to get more attention as she is always just being the voice of Shizune, so she may feel like she isnt her own person etc. Though obvious, it is still interesting to me and I may want to try her arc as well. Also I could be completely wrong on my hypothesis, either way I feel like it would be atleast interesting. But I notice that she dosnt have her own tab under the "library" section in extras, which is a little sad. So is it just a partial arc or something? If so thats kind of a bummer.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Rampagindragon wrote:Im either thinking about going either the Rin or Hanako route next, though I doubt it will be as good for me as the Lilly path. I enjoyed Lilly's so much I kinda feel like a may have ruined the rest for me lol.

Also, though I found Misha very annoying most parts of the game, I have heard that she has her own arc as well, which is interesting to me just because I feel like it would be a little different, and may build on a character that is more or less just a translator. (even Yuuko has more of a story than Misha) Though I think the plot of her arc may be pretty obvious. My guess is that she is so hyper and loud all the time to get more attention as she is always just being the voice of Shizune, so she may feel like she isnt her own person etc. Though obvious, it is still interesting to me and I may want to try her arc as well. Also I could be completely wrong on my hypothesis, either way I feel like it would be atleast interesting. But I notice that she dosnt have her own tab under the "library" section in extras, which is a little sad. So is it just a partial arc or something? If so thats kind of a bummer.
That feeling you have is stupid, to be blunt. "Oh, I really liked this thing, so I won't like any of the other things anywhere near as much despite having no actual idea of their content yet!" - Pardon my harshness. I don't employ a filter for this stuff.

Misha's arc is a part of Shizune's route. And be very careful on the forum. People LOVE to spoil that route.

As for Rin or Hanako next...Many do not understand Rin (or Shizune, for that matter). So you may want Hanako first. But if you're one of those who gets really attached to characters and feels like you're "cheating" on them, go with Rin first because Hanako's has a lot of Lilly.

And try not to use walkthroughs. They rather spoil the point of choice. More fun to see where your own instinct takes you, I think.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I had the same feelings RD, but trust me, each of the girls has something to offer, and their own set of feels. You'd be selling them short, and missing out if you skipped any of them.

Yeah, when I finished Hanako's arc I had the same thoughts as you. But give yourself a few days for all those churned up emotions to subside, then get back in there. You won't be disappointing. And you might even even learn something new about your own favorite.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Rampagindragon

Post by Rampagindragon »

Xanatos wrote: That feeling you have is stupid, to be blunt. "Oh, I really liked this thing, so I won't like any of the other things anywhere near as much despite having no actual idea of their content yet!" - Pardon my harshness. I don't employ a filter for this stuff.

Misha's arc is a part of Shizune's route. And be very careful on the forum. People LOVE to spoil that route.

As for Rin or Hanako next...Many do not understand Rin (or Shizune, for that matter). So you may want Hanako first. But if you're one of those who gets really attached to characters and feels like you're "cheating" on them, go with Rin first because Hanako's has a lot of Lilly.

And try not to use walkthroughs. They rather spoil the point of choice. More fun to see where your own instinct takes you, I think.
I do become attached to the characters, but not in a way like that. Rin seems very interesting. Out of all the characters, Rin made me laugh the most in act 1, her smart-assedness and lack for much care on any one matter of little importance (to her atleast) made me like her a lot at first. Atleast thats the impression she left on me in act 1. It was a tough decision between her and Lilly for my first playthrough, but I guess I just like the caring, motherly and loving nature she has more.

And sorry I came off like that, though I guess it is kind of the truth.

Sorry for continuing to ask so many questions, but as for Misha's arc, you say its a part of Shizune's path. So is it a complete branch off from Shizune's, or is the arc still ultimately between Hisao and Shizune's relationship? I only ask because I am honestly not a big fan of Shizune from what ive seen of her, so I wouldn't really want to lock myself into a path that is with a character I dont have good first impressions on. And I know that this is pretty much cut from the same cloth as me saying "Lilly's was so good, I may have ruined other paths". I know I didnt ruin other paths for myself, and I know that I would still enjoy Shizune's as well as I read it, but for now I dont really feel like going through an entire arc with her yet.

And thanks for all the help you and some others have been.
Rampagindragon

Post by Rampagindragon »

pandaphil wrote:I had the same feelings RD, but trust me, each of the girls has something to offer, and their own set of feels. You'd be selling them short, and missing out if you skipped any of them.

Yeah, when I finished Hanako's arc I had the same thoughts as you. But give yourself a few days for all those churned up emotions to subside, then get back in there. You won't be disappointing. And you might even even learn something new about your own favorite.
Thanks a lot. I know I will still enjoy them, I was just trying to be clear on how much I thoroughly enjoyed that route for some reason.

And maybe you and I are alike in that fact. I found it hard to do anything after reading Lilly's arc all the way through. I just like to have deep thought on what I've read and how it makes me feel about real life situations, and it takes time to let the emotions sink in a little bit before im ready to go through the process with another one of the characters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Sorry for continuing to ask so many questions, but as for Misha's arc, you say its a part of Shizune's path. So is it a complete branch off from Shizune's, or is the arc still ultimately between Hisao and Shizune's relationship? I only ask because I am honestly not a big fan of Shizune from what ive seen of her, so I wouldn't really want to lock myself into a path that is with a character I dont have good first impressions on. And I know that this is pretty much cut from the same cloth as me saying "Lilly's was so good, I may have ruined other paths". I know I didnt ruin other paths for myself, and I know that I would still enjoy Shizune's as well as I read it, but for now I dont really feel like going through an entire arc with her yet.
Misha plays about as major a role in Shizune's path as Shizune does herself, perhaps more so depending on who you ask.

Telling you anymore would be spoiling things.

And there are lots of things to spoil.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Rampagindragon wrote:Sorry for continuing to ask so many questions, but...
You'll have to play it and see. :P
tounymalouny

Re: How did you go about KS

Post by tounymalouny »

1. Rin's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending
2. Lilly's good ending > neutral ending
3. Emi's good ending > bad ending
4. Kenji's bromantic ending (fucking shaman eyes man)
5. Shizune's bad ending > good ending
6. Hanako's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending

Edit: OtakuNinja pointed out that Emi doesn't have a neutral ending and that Lilly doesn't have a bad one. Guess my brain is writing fanfic on it's own.
Last edited by tounymalouny on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

tounymalouny wrote:1. Rin's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending
2. Lilly's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending
3. Emi's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending
Lilly and Emi don't have neutral endings.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

OtakuNinja wrote:
tounymalouny wrote:1. Rin's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending
2. Lilly's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending
3. Emi's good ending > bad ending > neutral ending
Lilly and Emi don't have neutral endings.
Really? I'm sure they had.
Nevermind looked it up. Lilly doesn't have a bad ending and Emi doesn't have a neutral one.
That's weird! My brain has apparently made up some endings of its own...

Guess that's a sign I need to play them again! :D
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

tounymalouny wrote:writing fanfic
Get to it!

And if Kenji's ending had had the shaman eyes...Oh man. :lol:
fishy__

Re: Is anyone unwilling to do the bad/neutral endings?

Post by fishy__ »

If I wanted to get the scenes and the soundtrack, yes.

If I didn't want to, no.

I tried both Emi and Rin's paths. It just made me cry to see them both go away and never have to go back to them unless I want to.

Well, my answer to this post is, no.