Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ewx

Re: Ask!

Post by ewx »

From what I can gather:

Class 3-2 is the blind/partially-sighted class that Lilly and Kenji are in.
Class 3-3 has Hisao, Shizune, Misha, Hanako and all the minor characters like Miki.
Class 3-4 has Emi and Rin.

Is there a class 3-1? Is it mentioned anywhere in the story?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ewx wrote:From what I can gather:

Class 3-2 is the blind/partially-sighted class that Lilly and Kenji are in.
Class 3-3 has Hisao, Shizune, Misha, Hanako and all the minor characters like Miki.
Class 3-4 has Emi and Rin.

Is there a class 3-1? Is it mentioned anywhere in the story?
There is, but I don't think it's mentioned anywhere instory. 3-1 is a class for deaf students. All their lessons are in sign language. Shizune has elected to attend a "mixed" class.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Question to Suriko: What's Lilly's favorite tea? :) I don't know if it's mentioned in the game, but I really want to know. My birthday party was held at a restaurant, and when the waitress came with a box filled with various teas I couldn't help but wonder. ^^
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

OtakuNinja wrote:Question to Suriko: What's Lilly's favorite tea? :) I don't know if it's mentioned in the game, but I really want to know. My birthday party was held at a restaurant, and when the waitress came with a box filled with various teas I couldn't help but wonder. ^^
French vanilla tea.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

First off I would like to thank all of the devs for this amazing feelarama.

I have two questions for whomever they may concern.

1) Where did you get the idea for Hisao's character and condition?

2) Are there any secret routes? Like getting with Akira for example.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:First off I would like to thank all of the devs for this amazing feelarama.

I have two questions for whomever they may concern.

1) Where did you get the idea for Hisao's character and condition?

2) Are there any secret routes? Like getting with Akira for example.
1) We wanted the main character to explore the setting at the same time as the reader, so we wanted a character who is new to his disability and to Yamaku. Thus, it would be either an accident-caused or previously unknown condition. We chose the latter, and a heart condition was pretty convenient plus nicely symbolic. For Hisao's character we just went with a kind of a "standard" route of him reacting to a sudden life-altering event with depression and such.
2) No.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
ewx

Post by ewx »

Aura wrote:There is, but I don't think it's mentioned anywhere instory. 3-1 is a class for deaf students. All their lessons are in sign language. Shizune has elected to attend a "mixed" class.
Is 3-4 just for students with missing limbs or is it just coincidence that both Emi and Rin are in that class? I'm guessing there's no class 3-5 or anything?

Also, somewhere in the story I believe it is mentioned that Hisao does not have to attend Physical Education classes?

I understand his condition is fairly serious in that he could die if he over exerts himself or gets hit in the chest but in a school designed for disabled students, surely the Physical Education lessons would be tailored to various disabilities of the students?
I can appreciate if some of the students with things like narcolepsy or blindness are completely unable to participate, but wouldn't the Nurse be encouraging Hisao to do some light exercise like running?

And is it ever mentioned what he does while everyone else is doing Physical Education?
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

ewx wrote:
Aura wrote:There is, but I don't think it's mentioned anywhere instory. 3-1 is a class for deaf students. All their lessons are in sign language. Shizune has elected to attend a "mixed" class.
Is 3-4 just for students with missing limbs or is it just coincidence that both Emi and Rin are in that class? I'm guessing there's no class 3-5 or anything?

Also, somewhere in the story I believe it is mentioned that Hisao does not have to attend Physical Education classes?

I understand his condition is fairly serious in that he could die if he over exerts himself or gets hit in the chest but in a school designed for disabled students, surely the Physical Education lessons would be tailored to various disabilities of the students?
I can appreciate if some of the students with things like narcolepsy or blindness are completely unable to participate, but wouldn't the Nurse be encouraging Hisao to do some light exercise like running?

And is it ever mentioned what he does while everyone else is doing Physical Education?
The Head Nurse actually does encourage Hisao to exercise, for own benefit. It's early in the game and you can't avoid the scene. I'm surprised you didn't notice it. I don't recall Physical Education mentioned anywhere in the game, apart from the Nurse encouraging Hisao to do jogging with Emi.
ewx

Post by ewx »

tommo1982 wrote: The Head Nurse actually does encourage Hisao to exercise, for own benefit. It's early in the game and you can't avoid the scene. I'm surprised you didn't notice it. I don't recall Physical Education mentioned anywhere in the game, apart from the Nurse encouraging Hisao to do jogging with Emi.
Misunderstanding here due to my poor wording.

I meant that if the nurse excused Hisao from Physical Education, it seems a bit odd to be encouraging him to exercise outside of the time he could easily be using for light exercise.

I'm not even sure if Physical Education is mentioned at all or whether it's entirely in my imagination, which is entirely possible and likely.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

It's probably a liability issue, where the school would be responsible if they made him exercise and he had a heart attack, whereas they would be less responsible if they just told him to and the same happened.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

No guessing in this thread!
Aura wrote:Even if you think you know the answer to some question, don't answer it. Misinformation has a tendency to stick around, and the point of this thread is to clarify things, not muddle them up further.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
StudyOfWumbology

Another question:

Have any of the writers for KS worked on other projects after this release? If so can you name any please?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Another question:

Have any of the writers for KS worked on other projects after this release? If so can you name any please?
Yes, most of us have. And no, they're not public. Well, except Hivemind wrote a bit about his comic idea on his blog.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ewx wrote:

3-4 is a non-specialized class just like Hisao's 3-3. Physical education in Yamaku is a complicated matter that's not really touched in KS at all. In short, yes it's personal to everyone, ranging from personal physiotherapy to more "normal" group classes for students whose disabilities don't affect their physical condition (such as all the deaf students). The latter kind is the one Hisao doesn't have to attend, obviously.
StudyOfWumbology

Sorry for bugging you guys with my questions.

1) Do you allow any mods into this game?