What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by YZQ »

After playing through Rin's path, I can only quote Gandalf. “I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”

But, my Lord, Rin's expression on that last scene (as she faces the camera on the hill top) made me cringe. I blame the art style.
Last edited by YZQ on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:After looking through Rin's path, I can only quote Gandalf. “I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”

But, my Lord, Rin's expression on that scene made me cringe. I blame the art style.
...What scene?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:After looking through Rin's path, I can only quote Gandalf. “I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”

But, my Lord, Rin's expression on that scene made me cringe. I blame the art style.
...What scene?
Edited post. Sorry for being unclear.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dream

Post by Dream »

YZQ wrote:Edited post. Sorry for being unclear.
But yeah, you're right. There is something in that take, either the somewhat goofy expression or the slow close-up, that makes the final shot very cringe-worthy. Fortunately i didn't notice it when i finished the route the first time because of the emotional and cerebral strenght of the scene combined with that unique feeling that comes with reading the end of a great story.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
But yeah, you're right. There is something in that take, either the somewhat goofy expression or the slow close-up, that makes the final shot very cringe-worthy. Fortunately i didn't notice it when i finished the route the first time because of the emotional and cerebral strenght of the scene combined with that unique feeling that comes with reading the end of a great story.
Eh, the goofy expression fits Rin. :lol: I didn't have any cringe issue, thankfully.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
0rac1eF0rk

Post by 0rac1eF0rk »

I really never cried during any of my exploits throughout KS, however, I had such an astounding amount of feels throughout the Rin story. As she talked about not understanding herself I just collapsed. The amount of oomf behind that kinda hurt. After Hisao entered the studio and I saw Rin under the skylight, that hit me where it hurts. I progressively got a stronger heartache throughout the story, and by the time I saw Rin collapse from the pressure at the exhibition, I almost sobbed. Later when the art teacher was yelling at her, I got weak in the knees, even though I was sitting down. That broke me, for sure, even though I didn't exhaust my moisture via my eyes.
centurion911

Post by centurion911 »

I don't know why, but the scene where Hisao walks in on Rin taking a nap and she starts crying in her sleep really got me.

I do that
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

centurion911 wrote:I don't know why, but the scene where Hisao walks in on Rin taking a nap and she starts crying in her sleep really got me.

I do that
Join the club.
0rac1eF0rk

Post by 0rac1eF0rk »

Xanatos wrote:
centurion911 wrote:I don't know why, but the scene where Hisao walks in on Rin taking a nap and she starts crying in her sleep really got me.

I do that
Join the club.
There's a club for that? Interesting.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

0rac1eF0rk wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

I do that
Join the club.
There's a club for that? Interesting.

Yeah. We get t-shirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:
Eh, the goofy expression fits Rin. :lol: I didn't have any cringe issue, thankfully.
I don't have issues with the expression, but the art style came as a bit off-model to me. I get the same feeling when I saw the scene featuring Shizune and Misha in yutaka. The feeling of the scene is good, but the drawing made me cringe a little. Thankfully, the sprite drawings were good.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:

Eh, I can handle goofy faces. It can't be nearly as bad as Emi's various sex faces. :D
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:It can't be nearly as bad as Emi's various sex faces. :D
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, like that. :D
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
chi3l

Post by chi3l »

The one scene that really got to me was in Rin's 4th actafter Rin got yelled at by Nomiya and Hisao comes in the room to comfort her.

Rin: People are doing things I don't ask for and don't want and everyone keeps getting angry at me, I have no idea what is going on any more and can't stop feeling like I want to run away from everything..

Rin: I have no idea what's wrong with me!

That, to me, was the most heart wrenching scene in Katawa Shoujo.