Could you?...In real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bahamit_147

Re: Could you?...In real life?

Post by bahamit_147 »

Personally I don't need to think far back to remember myself at that age, only five or six years. I know how I would have reacted in many situations. Like the first time I was asked to join student council I most likely would have asked how many members stating that In more than a few it wouldn't happen, most likely ending up joining, probably falling for shizune as I'm someone who enjoys quiet. Otherwise were there a room with a piano that would be my first friend, sad as that sounds, my one class had one in highschool and most my my time was there, surprising how many people check out random piano music in a school with no band class. That or in the art room, though I wouldn't have been able to get past rins nature to befriend her I don't think. With my lung problems, I doubt I would have befriended emi. Hanako would have been a friend, nothing more, and misha the same, she's to loud for my personality.

PS. I apologise for any strange jumbles of letters I missed, my phone is not the best typing medium...
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

YZQ wrote:
CaptPonyholder wrote:Hm? Unsure. If I were a lot more sociable and less into gaming everyone (Honestly, I feel like I would be Keima from TWGOK), then I would do... decently. As I was playing the game, I felt a lot like Hisao. At first the issues with everyone was jarring. After a while it turned into mild curiosity and after that it just sorta blended in. Became normal. I would have been far more blunt with the girls than Hisao was. For instance on Hanako I wouldn't have had sex with her like a moron. I would have sat her down, had a chat and talked it all out. Emi I would have done what Hisao did for the most part, except be a tad more blunt and persistent on the opening up and me-not-leaving parts.
For the spoiler part, you probably need to let her know that having sex is not equal to being an adult.
Well now you guys gotta think about this here.

It may have felt wrong and manipulative and whatnot to have sex with Hanako like that, but when you think about it, ultimately it was probably the best thing Hisao could have done in those circumstances. With Hanako's self-esteem as unnaturally low as it was, she'd most likely take any form of refusal to her offer as Hisao rejecting her and her body, and would probably think that Hisao wasn't attracted to her-- she'd naturally draw the conclusion that they couldn't be together because he didn't want her, regardless of how he tries to explain it. Even though it was uncomfortable (probably even painful) as hell for her physically, Hanako can probably take some solace in the fact that Hisao was WILLING to have sex with her, despite how her body looks-- and I think it was ultimately that that allowed the two to salvage their relationship later. Their pre-sex relationship was an unhealthy one, and it needed to be broken so they could rebuild and grow stronger together. Besides, I'm willing to bet that they probably had that talk (the one you two are talking about) later anyway.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako has a warped perception, so yeah, it is kinda rocket science to figure out which actions you take will have the intended effect.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
CaptPonyholder

Post by CaptPonyholder »

Banryu wrote:
YZQ wrote:
CaptPonyholder wrote:Hm? Unsure. If I were a lot more sociable and less into gaming everyone (Honestly, I feel like I would be Keima from TWGOK), then I would do... decently. As I was playing the game, I felt a lot like Hisao. At first the issues with everyone was jarring. After a while it turned into mild curiosity and after that it just sorta blended in. Became normal. I would have been far more blunt with the girls than Hisao was. For instance on Hanako I wouldn't have had sex with her like a moron. I would have sat her down, had a chat and talked it all out. Emi I would have done what Hisao did for the most part, except be a tad more blunt and persistent on the opening up and me-not-leaving parts.
For the spoiler part, you probably need to let her know that having sex is not equal to being an adult.
Well now you guys gotta think about this here.

It may have felt wrong and manipulative and whatnot to have sex with Hanako like that, but when you think about it, ultimately it was probably the best thing Hisao could have done in those circumstances. With Hanako's self-esteem as unnaturally low as it was, she'd most likely take any form of refusal to her offer as Hisao rejecting her and her body, and would probably think that Hisao wasn't attracted to her-- she'd naturally draw the conclusion that they couldn't be together because he didn't want her, regardless of how he tries to explain it. Even though it was uncomfortable (probably even painful) as hell for her physically, Hanako can probably take some solace in the fact that Hisao was WILLING to have sex with her, despite how her body looks-- and I think it was ultimately that that allowed the two to salvage their relationship later. Their pre-sex relationship was an unhealthy one, and it needed to be broken so they could rebuild and grow stronger together. Besides, I'm willing to bet that they probably had that talk (the one you two are talking about) later anyway.
True, but there has to be a way to get close to Hanako without doing what they did. It felt... very childish. Not the writing or the story, but the way they had acted. If they had more talking or more time, there would have been a way to do it without resorting to... that.

Oh well. I still want to slap them both on the back of the head.

Damn I feel old.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

For me, I'll probably go with "Hanako, meet the Internet. Internet, meet Hanako." I would have thought that Hanako would take to chatting online like fish in water.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:For me, I'll probably go with "Hanako, meet the Internet. Internet, meet Hanako." I would have thought that Hanako would take to chatting online like fish in water.
I've been thinking the same thing. She'd be a beast on internet forums.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

True, but there has to be a way to get close to Hanako without doing what they did. It felt... very childish. Not the writing or the story, but the way they had acted. If they had more talking or more time, there would have been a way to do it without resorting to... that.
More talking?

Hanako and Hisao aren't exactly two characters known for being good at expressing themselves. You might as well say, "If they were two completely different characters they wouldn't have these problems."

As for the more time part, Hanako at that point seemed fairly desperate. She'd felt that Hisao was already tired of her and pushing her away. She was jealous of Yuuko for God's sake. Time was something she didn't think she had.
Last edited by Oddball on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah, I'm finally starting to realize that. Sometimes characters just have to make mistakes and do stupid crap in order to grow as people. Now if it happened a second time, then there'd be a problem.

Of course that still doesn't make the scene any easier to read. :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:For me, I'll probably go with "Hanako, meet the Internet. Internet, meet Hanako." I would have thought that Hanako would take to chatting online like fish in water.
I've been thinking the same thing. She'd be a beast on internet forums.
I'm wondering if that's part of what Lilly meant when she said that Hanako was into computers?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

CaptPonyholder wrote:
Banryu wrote: Well now you guys gotta think about this here.

Oh well. I still want to slap them both on the back of the head.

Damn I feel old.
pandaphil wrote:Yeah, I'm finally starting to realize that. Sometimes characters just have to make mistakes and do stupid crap in order to grow as people. Now if it happened a second time, then there'd be a problem.
^ This, basically. Making dumb mistakes is part of life... You can't always anticipate how things will turn out, especially when you don't fully understand a person, as Hanako and Hisao didn't with each other.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
0rac1eF0rk

Post by 0rac1eF0rk »

Hanako is a really funny (strange) duck. Honestly l, she seemed like she had the most problems to be solved, however, in Act 4, at the sex scene when she stripped I figured, 'I guess she's not insecure about this towards Hisao (probably because she's socially inexperienced)', however then came step two. That was ridiculously inappropriate, even given the situation. I wouldn't have done that when I was that age, and I still won't. It's one thing to demolition a building after a really bad earthquake, but in this case, it didn't need to be. That building just needed remodeling. In other words, talking it out would've been a much better option, and maybe if that proved naught, than maybe "proving it" without being so profane would've worked just as well. At least that's what I would have done in that situation. In the end, I hated Hanako for her reasoning.

Honestly, I preferred Rin over the other four tenfold, both as a story, and a character. In Hisao's situation, that's where I would've gotten. I mean, when I saw her eating in the art room, I was absolutely smitten with her. While people say it would be impossible to get a "good" ending in that situation in real life, I say bullocks. Understanding Rin is really for people who play too much TextQuest and have developed the skill to analyze beyond the mask and fully understand what is really there. While I'm not so talented as to fully understand Rin I do understand her character. For the most part, the "correct" decisions were the ones I would have made in that situation, until, of course came the time when the only choice was to urge Rin on into the exhibit! That is the point where I would have done my best to comfort Rin and help her choose what she TRULY wanted to do.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

0rac1eF0rk wrote:Hanako is a really funny (strange) duck. Honestly l, she seemed like she had the most problems to be solved, however, in Act 4, at the sex scene when she stripped I figured, 'I guess she's not insecure about this towards Hisao (probably because she's socially inexperienced)', however then came step two. That was ridiculously inappropriate, even given the situation. I wouldn't have done that when I was that age, and I still won't. It's one thing to demolition a building after a really bad earthquake, but in this case, it didn't need to be. That building just needed remodeling. In other words, talking it out would've been a much better option, and maybe if that proved naught, than maybe "proving it" without being so profane would've worked just as well. At least that's what I would have done in that situation. In the end, I hated Hanako for her reasoning.
Go read Banryu's last post and you'll see why that wouldn't work out. Good job hating somebody for being traumatized, by the way...

Nice use of "profane" too. Seeing as there's nothing at all profane about what happened, I have to assume you don't know what it means... :? Remind me, when exactly did sex become profane? I mean, I guess if you're using it in a religious sense but then it's quite irrelevant anyway...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

At least that's what I would have done in that situation.
Are you an incredibly traumatized and badly scared orphan that's been picked on, insulted, and bullied most of your life until you've reached the point where you figured you're worth slightly less than pond scum?

If you answered no, then what you would have done in that situation is irrelevant. ... UNLESS you were trying to say you wouldn't have done what HISAO did. In that case you're just saying you wouldn't have sex with somebody you're already good friends with, WANT to have a relationship with, and who has purposely led you to her room with the intent of stripping naked and having sex with you.

And while it's possible you might refuse to have sex with somebody that you want to have sex with and somebody that apparently wants to have sex with you, I somehow have my doubts.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:
At least that's what I would have done in that situation.
Are you an incredibly traumatized and badly scared orphan that's been picked on, insulted, and bullied most of your life until you've reached the point where you figured you're worth slightly less than pond scum?
Well, minus the orphan part...And the physical scars. And yeah, I gotta doubt anyone who claims they'd not do the same...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
0rac1eF0rk

Post by 0rac1eF0rk »

Xanatos wrote: Go read Banryu's last post and you'll see why that wouldn't work out. Good job hating somebody for being traumatized, by the way...

Nice use of "profane" too. Seeing as there's nothing at all profane about what happened, I have to assume you don't know what it means... :? Remind me, when exactly did sex become profane? I mean, I guess if you're using it in a religious sense but then it's quite irrelevant anyway...
Reasoning is to trauma as doughnut bakeries are to immigrants.
I had read that post and changed the text before posting, and came up with a possible backup. I'm sure you had read that? Mind you, based on your explanation, the term "erotic" wouldn't be more suiting. Using sexual would be appropriate, however it wouldn't meet my requirements.