The Hypothetical Sequel

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kitsune Spirit

Re: The Hypothetical Seuqel

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

I think were all at fault Xanatos, because you kept responding... and then we did, and then you did, and then we did... xD

ANYWAY!! I went and looked at that Missing Stars forum and thought that was kinda interesting. I laughed when I saw the one girl with the Hannibal Lecter face mask. xD I always thought characters with mental disorders were pretty interesting. I played a character in the WOD rpg that had a heaping portion of paranoia, which was pretty fun. :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:I think were all at fault Xanatos, because you kept responding... and then you did, and then we did... xD

ANYWAY!! I went and looked at that Missing Stars forum and thought that was kinda interesting. I laughed when I saw the one girl with the Hannibal Lecter face mask. xD I always thought characters with mental disorders were pretty interesting. I played a character in the WOD rpg that had a heaping portion of paranoia, which was pretty fun. :)
Aw, I like her...Or did, until the character sheet listed "Twilight" as a favorite book. Rooting for Katja now! Or Annaliese because she seems Hanako-ish. :lol: >.> And I've never played that sort of RPG, due to lack of local interest.

Spinoff thought: Track team management VN. Starring Emi. Comic route (ala Kenji's in KS) featuring Gay Track Captain.
Last edited by Xanatos on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

I like Katja the best, and the twins... gonna go back to exploring this new setting. :3

I played WOD in yahoo chat in the 90s. lol despite it being somewhat freeform we had a blast, and kept out setting pretty stable and free of trolls.
HarvestmanMan

Re: Thoughts on a sequel

Post by HarvestmanMan »

pandaphil wrote:c'mon tell me just about everyone on this board wouldn't kill for another visit to Yamaku HS?
That's why people replay the game.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

Best suggestion is in the future, with Hisao as a teacher. Would probably need to avoid mentioning which girl he ended up with so as not to upset anyone.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

russianspy1234 wrote:Best suggestion is in the future, with Hisao as a teacher. Would probably need to avoid mentioning which girl he ended up with so as not to upset anyone.

I could go for that. Of course they'd have to torture us with a scene where you drop by his apartment and a mysterious female voice ("?????") calls to him offscreen. ;)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

pandaphil wrote:
russianspy1234 wrote:Best suggestion is in the future, with Hisao as a teacher. Would probably need to avoid mentioning which girl he ended up with so as not to upset anyone.

I could go for that. Of course they'd have to torture us with a scene where you drop by his apartment and a mysterious female voice ("?????") calls to him offscreen. ;)
Heh, I know Shizune's route isn't the most popular, but to discanonize her is maybe a bit much. :wink:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Not this again. I've been on teh forums for too long to not know what this kind of threads always end up as.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

You play as Kenji.
Your objective is to stop the feminist conspiracy, while saving Hisao from several attempts of assassination (which went unnoticed during the first game).
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Enemy | wrote:You play as Kenji.
Your objective is to stop the feminist conspiracy, while saving Hisao from several attempts of assassination (which went unnoticed during the first game).
...Unnoticed? Emi's attempt on his life was almost successful! Just a little collision in the hallway, nobody'd suspect a thing... :twisted:

Not to mention Lilly's. Create an elaborate ruse about loving him then leaving forever to Scotland, get him to chase you down...BAM, heart attack. She only returns because it wasn't fatal. She'll finish the job later...

And Shizune...Tie him down, screw him, then tell Jigoro he forced himself on her...Skewered in a second. Jigoro not around or not listening? Misha to the rescue. Get him busy "comforting" her then Shizune sneaks up with a knife...But Shizune has no phone so she couldn't be alerted when it was happening. Foiled again!

Rin's is the most devious. Hang out in that little room, get him to smoke some cigarettes. Pretend to smoke with him, lower his defenses. Addiction sets in, then he eventually gets cancer.

Hanako...Well, why do you think she spent so much time in the library? She saw all the others fail, so she had to bide her time and study up on new assassination methods...She finally settles on attempting to make his heart give out from sadness by staging a breakdown in the park.

Even Iwanako's confession was a planned attempt. She knew he had arrhythmia all along.

Really, Hisao only survived thanks to Mutou. He knew the class was full of femassassins and kept Hisao safe. Kenji was charged with doing so outside the class.

(Funny how easily this game becomes batshit demented with a little creative interpretation. XD)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
uwa

The Never-gonna-happen Sequel

Post by uwa »

A sequel/side story VN with Hanako as the protagonist could be good. With the possible exception of Rin, she's the least defined of all the main girls, so there's a lot you could flesh out. It would also avoid having a not-Hisao dating not-main girls.

It could be set during and after the original game, but with Hisao on a path other than hers or Lilly's, so that he's a minor background character at most. Dealing with Lilly leaving would be a major plot event. Maybe player choices could lead to her staying. Getting involved with a guy (or girl) might be another major branching point, and there could be good and bad endings for each of those paths (or some only have bad endings).

Not that this is an original idea, there's Hanako Dash, but it's set during her path (and not a VN).
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:Sequels are only pointless if they are rehashing the same thing or are just poorly written. You can write new stories and characters without them being redoes of Hisao and the other girls.

This.

But on what I'd like to see, I'd like to see a female protagonist, a "Katawa Shounen" if you will. Even though I'm male, I've found that there is not much good representation for female cast in VN's, or in anime in general. TOTALLY NOT HAVING GAY TENDENCIES MATE

I don't know, I think the 4LS writers would be the only writers to get a "Shounen" version RIGHT without turning it into a fanservice yaoi-tempt fest, which is what quite a lot of females read mangas and watch animes for anyway, just as guys like their own fanservice.

*Shrug* It just seems to me like most VN's have an awkward, somewhat nerdy and idiotic male lead, EX: Shirou, (F/SN) Hisao, not to mention quite a lot of anime. It appeals to the awkward, somewhat nerdy and socially retarded anime fan, as I'm sure we are all well familiar with at one point in our lives.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

The only way I'd like a sequel would be if they abandoned all of the main cast and simply used the setting of Yamaku Academy with entirely new characters. You could keep the teachers, but change the students. That would be interesting.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
This.

But on what I'd like to see, I'd like to see a female protagonist, a "Katawa Shounen" if you will. Even though I'm male, I've found that there is not much good representation for female cast in VN's, or in anime in general. TOTALLY NOT HAVING GAY TENDENCIES MATE

I don't know, I think the 4LS writers would be the only writers to get a "Shounen" version RIGHT without turning it into a fanservice yaoi-tempt fest, which is what quite a lot of females read mangas and watch animes for anyway, just as guys like their own fanservice.

*Shrug* It just seems to me like most VN's have an awkward, somewhat nerdy and idiotic male lead, EX: Shirou, (F/SN) Hisao, not to mention quite a lot of anime. It appeals to the awkward, somewhat nerdy and socially retarded anime fan, as I'm sure we are all well familiar with at one point in our lives.
I know what you mean about havign trouble finding good female characters. I'm the same in that I prefer females in stories. But hey, at least VN, anime, and manga have a better track record than American productions. :x

I could get into having same sex pairings in the sequel. I trust 4LS to handle it just as sensitively as they did the 'disability' issue in the main game. Though I'd have to pass on the Shounen sex scene though. :) There are just so many ways they could handle it. Boy/Girl trying to come to terms with their preference. Boy/Girl realizes they're attracted to someone of the same gender. Boy/Girl has to deal with a friend of the opposite sex who's developed feelings for them. Etc...

I was watching the Metadating video and they were giving Hiseo crap for being kind of an idiot. That seems kinda unfair to me. As the lead, he's kinda stuck asking the dumb questions, since he has to cover any potential questions the player may have. Even the stupid ones.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Judging by how the girls benefitted from their relationships with Hisao, I would suggest a gaiden game, where Hisao doesn't hook up with any of the girls, but still tries to help them resolve their issues. In canon, the girls were divided into their pairs (except Lily and Shizune due to their kinship), and the groups rarely interact. Ultimately, what I really, REALLY, want to see is a groupshot of the whole cast during their graduation, with Outasight's "I'll Drink to That" as the background music.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."